Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congressman Foley (R-Fla) Resigns After E-Mails With Page Found

Featured Replies

  • Author

I don't think the laws are written with the distinction of soliciting an under-age victim who is willing and one who is not. And I also really doubt the laws are written to punish homosexuals worse than hetrosexuals. I also doubt the laws are written to punish those who simply speak of the acts worse than those who actually go through with them.

Yeah thats why I distinguished what I believed to be morally less or more and not what I thought legally.

I think we're just squicked out more by the specifics of the Senator's case, but in terms of a rational system of morality, I still don't think his case is any worse than the teacher's...and the teacher consummated, so I'd say she has more to answer for morally, legally, and whatever else.

 

I'm not going to deny that I personally find the Senator's actions more disgusting. I do. But probably not for good reasons. It's just the "ick factor". It's the question of who I'd rather spend time alone with--the Senator or the teacher. I don't think there's any question at all that I would prefer the teacher (hell, I'd probably enjoy it). But my preferences in no way excuse her actions. She is every bit as guilty as the Senator--morally and legally. Or at least that's what I think.

I think we're just squicked out more by the specifics of the Senator's case, but in terms of a rational system of morality, I still don't think his case is any worse than the teacher's...and the teacher consummated, so I'd say she has more to answer for morally, legally, and whatever else.

 

I'm not going to deny that I personally find the Senator's actions more disgusting. I do. But probably not for good reasons. It's just the "ick factor". It's the question of who I'd rather spend time alone with--the Senator or the teacher. I don't think there's any question at all that I would prefer the teacher (hell, I'd probably enjoy it). But my preferences in no way excuse her actions. She is every bit as guilty as the Senator--morally and legally. Or at least that's what I think.

 

 

Well put.

The irony (or poetic justice) is that "Federal authorities say such messages could result in Foley's prosecution, under some of the same laws he helped to enact."

 

I look forward to Mr. Foley being a sperm receptical in the Florida State pen.

CNN is now reporting that Mark Foley has checked into a rehab facility for alcoholism..... nice plan, try and make the excuse that you did it because you were an alcoholic and not a sicko.

CNN is now reporting that Mark Foley has checked into a rehab facility for alcoholism..... nice plan, try and make the excuse that you did it because you were an alcoholic and not a sicko.

 

How typically American, a flaw in your personality is exposed and you find an external source to blame it on.

 

TV, video games, movies, mean classmates, alcohol, etc., etc.

 

:thumbdown

Best part is the Republican party, who knew about this for 11 months prior, and their new stance (as reported on CNN this morning), an official said they didn't act sooner because they "didn't want to gay-bash." Which is so funny, considering the party stance on all things gay.

 

And some pundits response has been, "Well, Clinton had a relationship with one of his interns..." Totally disregarding that a) she was a woman and b) she was a CONSENTING adult and not a 15 year old boy.

  • Author

Anyone read what ABC reported today?

Former Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) interrupted a vote on the floor of the House in 2003 to engage in Internet sex with a high school student who had served as a congressional page, according to new Internet instant messages provided to ABC News by former pages.

 

ABC News now has obtained 52 separate instant message exchanges, which former pages say were sent by Foley, using the screen name Maf54, to two different boys under the age of 18.

 

This message was dated April 2003, at approximately 7 p.m., according to the message time stamp.

 

Maf54: I miss you

Teen: ya me too

Maf54: we are still voting

Maf54: you miss me too

 

The exchange continues in which Foley and the teen both appear to describe having sexual orgasms.

 

Maf54: ok..i better go vote..did you know you would have this effect on me

Teen: lol I guessed

Teen: ya go vote?I don't want to keep you from doing our job

Maf54: can I have a good kiss goodnight

Teen: :-*

Teen:

 

The House voted that evening on HR 1559, Emergency War Time supplemental appropriations.

 

According to another message, Foley also invites the teen and a friend to come to his house near Capitol Hill so they can drink alcohol.

 

Teen: are you going to be in town over the veterans day weekend

Maf54: I may be now that your coming

Maf54: who you coming to visit

Teen: haha good stuff

Teen: umm no one really

 

Maf54: we will be adjourned ny then

Teen: oh good

Maf54: by

Maf54: then we can have a few drinks

Maf54: lol

Teen: yes yes ;-)

Maf54: your not old enough to drink

Teen: shhh?

Maf54: ok

Teen: that's not what my ID says

Teen: lol

Maf54: ok

Teen: I probably shouldn't be telling you that huh

Maf54: we may need to drink at my house so we don't get busted

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/1...oley_insta.html

  • Author

He's gonna be getting some...

 

But it's going to be Hay-Seuss in the state penitentiary.

This is obviously just a ploy by the liberal media to try to damage the reputation of the one of the most respected members of the republican party.

 

FREE FOLEY!

"Mark is a gay man" -- Foley's spokesman on a press conference going on live right now.

 

He also said Foley claims he was molested as a teen by a member of the clergy.

 

Also, reiterated several times that he has never had sex with a minor.

CNN BREAKING NEWS E-MAIL ALERTS

 

-- Former Rep. Mark Foley was molested as a teenager between the ages of 13 and 15 by a clergyman, his lawyer says.

 

Watch LIVE video coverage now on CNN Pipeline. Access at http://CNN.com. CNN - The most trusted name in news.

 

First he's an alcoholic, now he's the "victim." :rolleyes: I don't give a sh*t what happened during his childhood, it is under no circumstance excusable for what he did and doesn't change the fact that he's a sick perv.

As sad as it is that's he's literally a homosexual child molestor, it's almost equally as sad that now he's going on a rampaging defense of lies. But I guess it's ok to do what he did if your gay, were molested by a priest, and are an alcoholic.

  • Author

Ah yes, the "party of personal responsibility" strikes again!

 

:lol

 

Ignorant statement.

 

Dems seriously don't want to get into a discussion about congressmen and their sex scandals.

 

This has nothing to do with his party.

Ah yes, the "party of personal responsibility" strikes again!

 

Is he still there?

 

He likely will end up in the Palm Beach County Jail by the time this investigation is complete.

 

Democrats are trying to make this sicko out to be all Republicans, but the last time I checked no Republican expected less than a full resignation by Foley and a criminal investigation into his possible crimes. Republicans come down harder on him than Dems, but the Dems never do this to their sex scandals.

 

Wasn't it the Dems that gave loud cheers and applause to a Congressman who slept with a teen page and then asked for privacy from the press?

Ah yes, the "party of personal responsibility" strikes again!

 

Is he still there?

 

He likely will end up in the Palm Beach County Jail by the time this investigation is complete.

 

Democrats are trying to make this sicko out to be all Republicans, but the last time I checked no Republican expected less than a full resignation by Foley and a criminal investigation into his possible crimes. Republicans come down harder on him than Dems, but the Dems never do this to their sex scandals.

 

Wasn't it the Dems that gave loud cheers and applause to a Congressman who slept with a teen page and then asked for privacy from the press?

 

First, not all Republicans are sickos, but this one is.

 

Second, I was merely commenting on Foley hiding behind a bottle and the clergy for his current behavior. Oh, and that he happened to be a prominent member of a party known for promoting "personal responsibility."

 

Third, now the Republicans are saying that, or, as I like to call it, are throwing him under the bus. It's clear that there was a coverup at the highest levels of the House Republican leadership, in which case it would DEFINITELY reflect on all Republicans.

 

Fourth, I've only read vaguely on Gerry Studds, and since he was before my time, I have absolutely nothing to say about that.

Too many people speaking in all's and other infinitives when speaking about this subject. Any person who speaks as if this guy represents "all" of anything is stupid. Period. I don't care.

 

That being said, I don't know anyone who does that.

Don't know if I should this spin this off to another thread but Hastert is under fire.

 

If he doesn't resign or thrown out, there is no chance he will hold that position again next year (experts say).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.