Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Byrnes and Vernon Wells

Featured Replies

Wells not so much, but Byrnes is a great. He looks completely ridiculous wearing a suit though. :lol

 

 

I agree, I am kinda iffy on Wells too.

I've been raving about Byrnes in the ALDS thread.

 

He's just so awesome.

 

Great insight, great unintentional comedy moments, and at times he's Spiccoli incarnate.

Byrnes is awesome.

 

 

Only negative thing is it looks like he has an electrified cat on his head....... at least clean up the sides a little Byrnsy

Byrnes is funny, but Wells is the better analyst.

 

 

I disagree. I think that Byrnes has great insight and isn't afraid to not say something...Wells is too politically correct. Still good, though.

Byrnes is funny, but Wells is the better analyst.

 

 

I disagree. I think that Byrnes has great insight and isn't afraid to not say something...Wells is too politically correct. Still good, though.

He's much smoother though. At times, Brynes is painful to listen to.

I like the fact that they are bringing in players they have a better knowledge of the game than guys like gammons and kurkvich (dunno his name) because they actually play against the guys.

 

Byrnes was fun to listen to Wells was more serious but they both did well I enjoyed listening to their perspectives.

I miss having Byrnes on KNBR (bay area sports radio station) a lot back when he played for the A's...it's nice to see he's still go it

I liked Wells but found Byrnes underwhealming. Byrnes best insight of the night was a reference to a movie about a fictional baseball team

I like the fact that they are bringing in players they have a better knowledge of the game than guys like gammons and kurkvich (dunno his name) because they actually play against the guys.

 

Byrnes was fun to listen to Wells was more serious but they both did well I enjoyed listening to their perspectives.

 

 

Kurkjian...

 

Yeah, I can't stand him... and I miss Harold Reynolds.. I think it'd be a nice combo to have Wells, Byrnes, Reynolds and Phillips... that is a lot of "hands on" baseball knowledge there...

I found both to be very interesting and entertaining. To be honest they could replace Tino Martinez with either of these guys on BBTN and I would be happy. Vernon is very calm and relaxed. I never expected him to be that type of person. He is very well spoken with his thoughts which I like. Eric added that comedy factor to the show which was lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be funny).

I feel like Byrnes was that kid that's always drunk that every fraternity has. Not sure why. Just has that look

 

/stereotype

 

But ya, he's done a great job so far. Entertaining to listen to and makes unique points, not the generic bs that most players say. He just needs to improve getting his point accross. Stutters a little bit at times. Vernon Wells I'm not really a big fan of.

I found both to be very interesting and entertaining. To be honest they could replace Tino Martinez with either of these guys on BBTN and I would be happy. Vernon is very calm and relaxed. I never expected him to be that type of person. He is very well spoken with his thoughts which I like. Eric added that comedy factor to the show which was lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be funny).

 

Agreed on all counts. Wells is a great ballplayer. Great knowledge of the game which BBTN was also lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be knowledgeable about the game).

I found both to be very interesting and entertaining. To be honest they could replace Tino Martinez with either of these guys on BBTN and I would be happy. Vernon is very calm and relaxed. I never expected him to be that type of person. He is very well spoken with his thoughts which I like. Eric added that comedy factor to the show which was lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be funny).

 

Agreed on all counts. Wells is a great ballplayer. Great knowledge of the game which BBTN was also lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be knowledgeable about the game). No doubt bro. I am sick of tired of BBTN spoon feeding me info I can read right from the boxscore of the game. The only person I really enjoy listening to on BBTN would be Orel. He really knows how to break down a pitcher and give you good insight ESPN The Magazine can't do. It's really nice to get a perspective from the players who play the game themselves. BBTN is really bad at telling you the obvious. Alot of people probably hate him but I'm a huge fan of Tim Kurkjian's b/c of the amount of stats his shoves into his little head every night. The man really needs a life but he is really entertaining when it comes to BBTN.

Yeah I miss Reynolds I'd like it if at least he'd get himself on FOX sports for the postseason or saturday games.

 

Kurkjan is a little overboard w/ the numbers and Gammons is kinda a Bosox homer.

 

Wells was a little bit boring but these guys aren't paid to entertain you in the studio they're paid to entertain you on the field. Byrnes is a very colorful guy and he showed it. My favorite Byrnes pic is when he road his skateboard to a game last year at camden yards.

 

Can someone tell me what came out of the Reynolds situation? I know what happened but don't know any details.

Yeah I miss Reynolds I'd like it if at least he'd get himself on FOX sports for the postseason or saturday games.

 

Kurkjan is a little overboard w/ the numbers and Gammons is kinda a Bosox homer.

 

Wells was a little bit boring but these guys aren't paid to entertain you in the studio they're paid to entertain you on the field. Byrnes is a very colorful guy and he showed it. My favorite Byrnes pic is when he road his skateboard to a game last year at camden yards.

 

Can someone tell me what came out of the Reynolds situation? I know what happened but don't know any details.

 

As of 09/12/2006... http://deadspin.com/sports/espn/reynolds-s...hing-200172.php

I found both to be very interesting and entertaining. To be honest they could replace Tino Martinez with either of these guys on BBTN and I would be happy. Vernon is very calm and relaxed. I never expected him to be that type of person. He is very well spoken with his thoughts which I like. Eric added that comedy factor to the show which was lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be funny).

 

Agreed on all counts. Wells is a great ballplayer. Great knowledge of the game which BBTN was also lacking (unless you consider Kruk to be knowledgeable about the game). No doubt bro. I am sick of tired of BBTN spoon feeding me info I can read right from the boxscore of the game. The only person I really enjoy listening to on BBTN would be Orel. He really knows how to break down a pitcher and give you good insight ESPN The Magazine can't do. It's really nice to get a perspective from the players who play the game themselves. BBTN is really bad at telling you the obvious. Alot of people probably hate him but I'm a huge fan of Tim Kurkjian's b/c of the amount of stats his shoves into his little head every night. The man really needs a life but he is really entertaining when it comes to BBTN.

You think BBTN is bad at feeding people the obvious? Have you ever seen SportsCenter's two minute "Hockey Night" with Barry Melrose? :lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.