Grindhouse

Passion

Synopsis: consists of two segments, of which both are feature-length attractions. One segment, Planet Terror, will be a zombie film written and directed by Robert Rodr?guez. The other segment, Death Proof, will be a slasher film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. There will also be trailers advertising fake films between the segments.

Starring: Michael Biehn, Tom Savini, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Jordan Ladd, Rosario Dawson, Tracie Thoms, Rose McGowan, Marley Shelton, Zo? Bell, Josh Brolin, Freddy Rodriguez, Jeff Fahey, Stacy Ferguson, Kurt Russell, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Naveen Andrews, Michael Parks, Vanessa Ferlito, Quentin Tarantino

Directed By: Robert Rodriguez (Planet Terror), Quentin Tarantino (Death Proof), Mickey Rourke, Eli Roth, Edgar Wright (Fake Trailers)

Produced By: Elizabeth Avellan

Release Date: April 6, 2007

Trailer | Official Site | IMDB

The trailer dropped today and this movie looks f***ing unbelieveable. Easily in my top 3 most anticipated films now. Two great directors, a helluva concept, the fake trailers, and a huge diverse cast makes this look just awesome. Man I can't wait. What a great trailer.

So freaking awesome.

Robert Rodriguez? Check.

Quentin Tarantino? Check.

Zombies? Check.

Tom Savini? Check.

Michael Biehn? Check.

Rosario Dawson? Check.

This thing will be amazing.

• 5 months later...

This thread literally froze my computer for 25 seconds. That being said, this movie is definately DVD material.

What was I thinking? I'm definately seeing this at the theatre.

Either way, I really enjoy Robert Rodriguez's commentaries on all of his DVDs. Plus, I'm pretty sure they will add all the stuff that MPAA did not allow them to show in the feature. I read some of the trailers that are shown are pretty graphic. » Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I know that an obese man eats a baby in one of them.

I'd be willing to bet you don't know what a 'Grindhouse' was or much about exploitative films then.

This film has a concept the average movie goer won't be grasping (not being a dick, but this is the case) so that is why they need to let it run how it was intended.

I'd be willing to bet you don't know what a 'Grindhouse' was or much about exploitative films then.

This film has a concept the average movie goer won't be grasping (not being a dick, but this is the case) so that is why they need to let it run how it was intended.

No I dont. I just saw the preview for the first time a few minutes ago, I didnt even know they were making this movie. When I saw the girl put the gun on her leg, I lost any interest in the movie.

A grindhouse is literally a place that would play grindhouse type films (non mainstream) which are sensationalistic films with way over the top gore and sex. Usually B, C, and D movies.

This film is a homage to that....over the top and ridiculous sex and gore.

I'm looking forward to Death Proof more then Planet Terror because it's such an awesome/original premise and Kurt Russell looks ridiculous in the role.

Planet Terror has more people in it I wanna see (Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan, Naveen Andrews) in it though.

It IS cool.

To some it is and to some its not. I am sure alot of people will think its cool, I personally think it looks really stupid to see a girl running around with a gun as a leg then start jumping in the air (what i saw in the preview).

I wasnt trying to determine its coolness, I said I lost all interest in the movie after seeing that scene. Coolness is all personal opinion.