Deputy dresses as an Elf to catch speeders

Bradcore

This is a fine example of deparments only trying to raise funds through catching speeders. To hell with the goal being to actually slow people down; let's put all importance on catching people speeding rather than slowing them down.

Suggestions for slowing people down other than ticketing them?

Speed bumps on the expressway!

Miami's plan of putting in a bunch of traffic circles in neighborhoods with long streets actually is pretty cool. On the expressway, all bets are off though.

This is a fine example of deparments only trying to raise funds through catching speeders. To hell with the goal being to actually slow people down; let's put all importance on catching people speeding rather than slowing them down.

Visible cops would do more slowing down than ticketing one driver.

That guy is an ass and has no shame. The police shouldn't resort to dressing like Christmas icons when they're busting people. Do your job, which includes wearing your actual uniform.

If somebody kicked his ass, I wouldn't blame them.

That being said, the bottom line, as always, is: don't speed.

LOL

When drivers see a cop they slow down............for about 30 seconds. Then they resume their normal high rate of speed until they see another cop. There arent enough cops in this country to have them positioned every 20 feet so people slow down.

That guy is an ass and has no shame. The police shouldn't resort to dressing like Christmas icons when they're busting people. Do your job, which includes wearing your actual uniform.

If somebody kicked his ass, I wouldn't blame them.

That being said, the bottom line, as always, is: don't speed.

So you don't agree with undercover cops at all?

Speed bumps on the expressway!

Miami's plan of putting in a bunch of traffic circles in neighborhoods with long streets actually is pretty cool. On the expressway, all bets are off though.

God I hate those stupid traffic circles. They do help stop people from running stop signs but do nothing about speeding, they just succeed in pissing me off

LOL

When drivers see a cop they slow down............for about 30 seconds. Then they resume their normal high rate of speed until they see another cop. There arent enough cops in this country to have them positioned every 20 feet so people slow down.

Areas where I know there are cops out for speeders because I have seen them I slow down in. A ticket fails to have an impact.

You know, in the cops defense, once people realize that the cops are getting "sneaky" about how they catch speeders, then people are going to start exercising more caution on the road. All it is is another take on the plain police cruiser. This time it's just elves.

You know, in the cops defense, once people realize that the cops are getting "sneaky" about how they catch speeders, then people are going to start exercising more caution on the road. All it is is another take on the plain police cruiser. This time it's just elves.

that's not true.

nothing is going to change people's mentality.

until they make me not be an impatient mofo, i will continue to speed egregiously.

You know, in the cops defense, once people realize that the cops are getting "sneaky" about how they catch speeders, then people are going to start exercising more caution on the road. All it is is another take on the plain police cruiser. This time it's just elves.Link?

Think a cop in an elf costume is bad?

I give you West Palm Beach's very own... "Officer Delicious":

Officer Delicious, aka West Palm Beach police officer Terry Golden, stands at Okeechobee Boulevard and Jog Road on Wednesday morning as he watches for cars running red lights and alerts nearby fellow officers. "I've seen people drive by eating food and when they see me, the food just falls out of their mouth" Golden said of his outfit. He estimates that more than 100 people were pulled over Wednesday morning

Palm Beach Post

I wonder how much convincing it took to get him to do this... :shifty