Anyone seen this plan?

JetsMania

BTW I will say that if I lived in miami I would get this in a second.

I saw this on the marlins site. 25 games for 99 dollars! And its not like random games, you can get every friday and saturday game for less than 100 dollars! It comes out to $3.96 a game. They also have another pack which is every tuesday and wednesday game (you get better seats for the same price). I might get it anyways and just go when I am down there in the summer, but I have never seen a package this good for any team.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...fla_holidaypack

BTW a 41 game plan is 348. If you buy both packs you get 50 games for $198 dollars.

I saw this on the marlins site. 25 games for 99 dollars! And its not like random games, you can get every friday and saturday game for less than 100 dollars! It comes out to $3.96 a game. They also have another pack which is every tuesday and wednesday game (you get better seats for the same price). I might get it anyways and just go when I am down there in the summer, but I have never seen a package this good for any team.

BTW a 41 game plan is 348. If you buy both packs you get 50 games for $198 dollars.

We got notification of this in the mail last week some time because it was offered to season ticket holders first. It's a good deal. BUT

According to the notification we got you have to buy two of them. The Friday and Saturday package is section 456 and dosen't include the Home Opener. The Tuesday and Wednesday games are section 125 rows 11-30. Both packages do give you play off options and the parking options.

I see it as a win-win situation. Great price for the fans and it fills some empty seats for games and sections that were hard to fill. The OF always looked empty during the week and so did the upper deck on the week ends. I would think siungle, unattached people would join up to buy either package.

We got notification of this in the mail last week some time because it was offered to season ticket holders first. It's a good deal. BUT

According to the notification we got you have to buy two of them. The Friday and Saturday package is section 456 and dosen't include the Home Opener. The Tuesday and Wednesday games are section 125 rows 11-30. Both packages do give you play off options and the parking options.

I see it as a win-win situation. Great price for the fans and it fills some empty seats for games and sections that were hard to fill. The OF always looked empty during the week and so did the upper deck on the week ends. I would think siungle, unattached people would join up to buy either package.

There is no but. Tickets are less than 4 dollars. No one gets just 1 season ticket anyway. If you want to go to the home opener buy a ticket for that game. Its very easy to sit anywhere in the stadium so just because your ticket says section 456 doesnt mean you sit there.

After an offer like this i dont want to hear anyone complaining about ticket prices. To put this into prospective, the some redsox ticket pax (4 games) go on sale tomorrow and are 100 each. I'll take 25 games over 4 games any day.

There is no but. Tickets are less than 4 dollars. No one gets just 1 season ticket anyway. If you want to go to the home opener buy a ticket for that game. Its very easy to sit anywhere in the stadium so just because your ticket says section 456 doesnt mean you sit there.

After an offer like this i dont want to hear anyone complaining about ticket prices. To put this into prospective, the some redsox ticket pax (4 games) go on sale tomorrow and are 100 each. I'll take 25 games over 4 games any day.

Actually I put that "BUT" in there for a reason. Read the initial post again and it sounds as if the poster was assuming they could buy 1 plan. On another board they were thinking the same thing. BTW I know alot of single, unattached folks who do buy just one season ticket. Off the top of my head I can come with 4 or 5 in our section alone ( section 127). Now for the upper level, if you get near the front rows of 456 they aren't all that bad for seating, from what I remember and from word of mouth. I know alot of folks that like to sit in the upper deck near the infield in the first couple rows. But, like you said, the ticket gets you in. From there you are able to move around during most games. Unless they crack down on that this year and I really see no reason why they would in the later innings.

I agree on complaining about ticket prices. Even sans these packages the Marlins have some of the best prices in MLB. But I really can't remember anyone complain about prices. Rain delays. heat, it's too faaaaarrrrrr, are the main ones that I hear all the time. Maybe we just travel in different circles.

Actually I put that "BUT" in there for a reason. Read the initial post again and it sounds as if the poster was assuming they could buy 1 plan. On another board they were thinking the same thing. BTW I know alot of single, unattached folks who do buy just one season ticket. Off the top of my head I can come with 4 or 5 in our section alone ( section 127). Now for the upper level, if you get near the front rows of 456 they aren't all that bad for seating, from what I remember and from word of mouth. I know alot of folks that like to sit in the upper deck near the infield in the first couple rows. But, like you said, the ticket gets you in. From there you are able to move around during most games. Unless they crack down on that this year and I really see no reason why they would in the later innings.

I agree on complaining about ticket prices. Even sans these packages the Marlins have some of the best prices in MLB. But I really can't remember anyone complain about prices. Rain delays. heat, it's too faaaaarrrrrr, are the main ones that I hear all the time. Maybe we just travel in different circles.

Ok agreed

However, there have been some discussions on prices. Now that cant be argued anymore.

Ok agreed

However, there have been some discussions on prices. Now that cant be argued anymore.

Not at all. And it sounds like is that they are assigned seats. Even better. The voucher plans are fine but there is no guarantee you can get seats in the sections you have vouchers for so you could end up turning in your voucher and having to pay a little for an unwanted upgrade. And the week end (premium) games cost more. At least that is what a friend of mine told me that has had the 41 voucher plan the last few years. Actually, IF the Marlins ever did move to downtown Miami (cringe at the thought) we would have to give up our season tickets and I would probably purchase one of the 41 voucher plans instead. 1 person 41 games, 41 people 1 game, or anything in between. Nice little package and very affordable.

They've done two intelligent things this off-season.

One, closed the upperdeck on Sunday's, it was simply too hot and with kids life-threatening and unfriendly.

And second, instituting this new plan, especially the weekend upperdeck plan. The view from 456 is of the complete field, you don't sit with the player's backs as all you can see and homeplate 100+ yards away. Frankly I'd go a step further and close the outfield completely and push everyone into the upperdeck with equivalent prices every home game. It would be more like some of the newer stadiums (I'm thinking of that big wall in Minute Maid in left and center) where for the most part seats are in the bowl around the infield, foul pole to foul pole.

Just my opinion, I know how much alot of people like sitting in the outfield seats, but I wouldn't mind seeing them opening up and equivalent first base section in the upperdeck if this program works out.

very cheap but they are upper deck

and that makes them bad seats?

Some spots in the upper deck make every pop up look like a home run, and every fly ball look like it is hit a mile. You do get to see the whole field though.

I always feel like I am about to fall off from way up there though at dolphins or marlins games.

Just depends on what you like is all I guess. I rather take an outfield seat then be up there personally but I have friends that love it up there that will buy this package.

I admit it, I'm prejudiced. I have front row upperdeck at home on the third base side and I'm a refuge from downstairs. I wouldn't move back down for anything (well that's a figure of speech) comparablly priced downstairs.

I happen to agree about how flyballs and homeruns seem distorted sometimes but sit up here for ten games and it disappears. Also because the rows are more angled, kids have a better view (which is why I moved up there in the first place.

Ironically the night the Marlins won the wildcard in 2003, I was sitting twenty+ rows up in section 456.

I admit it, I'm prejudiced. I have front row upperdeck at home on the third base side and I'm a refuge from downstairs. I wouldn't move back down for anything (well that's a figure of speech) comparablly priced downstairs.

I happen to agree about how flyballs and homeruns seem distorted sometimes but sit up here for ten games and it disappears. Also because the rows are more angled, kids have a better view (which is why I moved up there in the first place.

Ironically the night the Marlins won the wildcard in 2003, I was sitting twenty+ rows up in section 456.

I can't even remember the last time I sat up there. But I know sitting in the first couple rows is pretty good seating. And you are right about getting used to seeing how the fly balls are percieved. I think that is true no matter where you sit.

But close the OF seats??? Slap yourself for me please. LOL I wouldn't give up our seats in Section 127 for anything. Except for Sunday games of course. Then we get 200 level for the shade. But we have worked pretty hard to get the seats we want there, constantly getting lower until stagnated the last couple years in Row 3, and finally this year we succeeded. Row 1, Seats 1 and 2. The whole field, including the OF corners, is visible, both dugouts are visible, both pens are visible, and you can watch the plays develope. Our section is filled with middle class to upper middle class families that love baseball and are very friendly folks. Even visiting fans are mindful of the family atmosphere and are respectful. Rarely is there any type of problem around us. Between inning warm up balls are always thrown our way and the players come out to talk to the fans alot of times. Even starting pitchers frequently stop by during their pregame warm ups. We absolutely love our section. So that being said, slap yourself once more for me. LOL

This would be a great deal but there's still parking to limit the number of attendable games. :(

the parking is a hidden cost. However if you divide the parking up, its still under 10 dollars with parking and game ticket. Thats less than going to a movie. You could also show up in the second inning when parking becomes free.

I would hate that personally if they closed the outfield. I have only sat there once but I thought it was pretty nice view overall. But I really hated the seats in the upper deck when I went.

I depends. If you sit in a rows 1-15 in the upper level behind home plate, they are pretty good seats. However with the outfield, you feel like you are more a part of the game. You can yell things at the outfielder, or catch a ball, etc...

It all depends what you want.

Its not like they check your ticket when you go to the upper level or outfield so you can pretty much sit where you want.

• 2 weeks later...