Dave O'Brien new Red Sox announcer

expos6904

Here in Montreal we now get the Red Sox on english radio here ( Toronto would never work here ) and I see that they replaced Jerry Trupiano with Dave O'Brien who used to be the Marlins announcer. Is he any good?

I miss my team ( My hatred for Loria and his son-in-law is real, I had dealings with both of them )

BOSTON (December 15, 2006) ? Entercom Boston and the Boston Red Sox today announced the new radio broadcast team for the 2007 season. Veteran play by play man Joe Castiglione returns for his 25th season of calling Red Sox games, to be joined by Dave O?Brien, currently the play by play announcer for ESPN Monday Night Baseball and the World Series on Major League Baseball, and Glenn Geffner, former radio voice of the San Diego Padres.

http://www.weei.com/Article.asp?id=321904&spid=

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I recall watching an ESPN telecast of Sunday Night Baseball where Dave announced with Tony Gwynn. He was a real dick to Tony, nitpicking at every comment he made, trying to make him look bad, and talking over him whenever Gwynn made comments to ESPN's in-studio staff. Since then I haven't been a Dave O'Brian fan.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I recall watching an ESPN telecast of Sunday Night Baseball where Dave announced with Tony Gwynn. He was a real dick to Tony, nitpicking at every comment he made, trying to make him look bad, and talking over him whenever Gwynn made comments to ESPN's in-studio staff. Since then I haven't been a Dave O'Brian fan.

Huh? :blink:

Was I not clear? Would you prefer I wrote in crayon?

I still cannot believe the falling out OB had with Angel near the end of Joe's tenure (circa 2001).

They could not stand the sight of each other and refused to share the booth. Kinda like the Beatles, I guess.....

Those guys were GOLD back in the 90s though - a better tandem I have never heard anywhere.

I still cannot believe the falling out OB had with Angel near the end of Joe's tenure (circa 2001).

They could not stand the sight of each other and refused to share the booth. Kinda like the Beatles, I guess.....

Those guys were GOLD back in the 90s though - a better tandem I have never heard anywhere.

agreed.

Some real good broadcasters have come thru the Marlins booth (radio and TV). Our radio and tv broadcasters are mediocre at best right now compared to the talent that has left.

Huh? :blink:

Was I not clear? Would you prefer I wrote in crayon?

:lol :lol :lol

Dave is from Massachusetts, so this is going back home for him. his is a first rate guy for the job.

As for Joe, he moved from the Giants on KNBR back east to the O's on WBAL a while ago. He is still good ole Joe...I listened to him driving during the game where Miggy went after the pitch that was intended to walk him.