Best Owner

Das Texan

I'd make this a poll, but I really dont want to sit down and type out over 100 choices, so having said that....

Who in your opinion are the 5 best owners in all of professional sports, focusing on MLB, NFL, NHL, and the NBA.

Please when you list your names, give a little reasoning behind your choices. You dont have to list 5, but please dont list more than 5. This should be a lot of fun.

George Steinbrenner, Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, Frank McCourt, James Dolan (NHL, not NBA).

All 5 of them have given their teams a blank check to win with and know how to gain exposure for their franchises in the appropriate channels.

I left off Huizenga because all you have to do with the Dolphins is have the money, he didn't reestablish anything like Steinbrenner or create something like Cuban.

I left off Arison because, well, he was fortunate enough to have Shaq and Wade fall into his lap, and plenty of NBA owners did what he did in the salary cap less era.

Guest marlins02

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

NFL- Wayne Huizenga, Jerry Jones

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

NFL- Wayne Huizenga, Jerry Jones, Would say Joe Robbie if he still was alive. He saved sports in florida

You just broke rule #10 of this site. http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...E=01&HID=17

I'm dissapointed in you.

damn i know :lol :lol

i know where your coming from and i still dislike man for 97-98 and that f***ing lease but looking at it strictly from a dolphins fan's point of view he is a great owner.

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

NFL- Wayne Huizenga, Jerry Jones, Would say Joe Robbie if he still was alive. He saved sports in florida

You just broke rule #10 of this site. http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...E=01&HID=17

I'm dissapointed in you.

i know where your coming from and i still dislike man for 97-98 and that f***ing lease but looking at it strictly from a dolphins fan's point of view he is a great owner.

Great? Really? The Dolphins havent done much of anything since he bought them

Guest marlins02

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

I'm dissapointed in you.

Great? Really? The Dolphins havent done much of anything since he bought them

yes, great. the man has gone all out with the dolphins trying to get them to the top whether through spending on players, coaches whatever and now all the money he's putting into the stadium. yeah theyve struggled a lot the last few years but thats because of bad drafts and player moves, that aint the owner's fault.

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

MLB- George Steinbrenner

NBA- Mickey Arison

I'm dissapointed in you.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm not going down this road, but it wasn't Wayne, it was Don Smiley and later John Henry, Wayne would be a very bad owner if he turned down the chance to make millions like that.