Barreiro: Stadium would trigger redevelopment downtown

CapeFish

I think it will help alot. They are already building new buildings everywhere, but there still are sh*tty parts. If the stadium gets built there you better believe people are going to build bars and restaurants near the stadium. A brand new place just opened called Finnegans on the river in down town. Hopefully the value of land inceases so that, and I hate to say it, but the bad areas, homeless and other things that are detriments that are in downtown get moved elsewhere.

I like it -----

But, is 9 acres really enough for the ballpark and retractable roof???

No. The only conceivable compromise is something similar to the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium where the periphery is fixed and only a smaller center section opens and closes. But even then nine acres is an extraordinarily small footprint.

I would guess either more land will be made available either through a purchase or by closing an adjacent street.

I like it -----

No. The only conceivable compromise is something similar to the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium where the periphery is fixed and only a smaller center section opens and closes. But even then nine acres is an extraordinarily small footprint.

I would guess either more land will be made available either through a purchase or by closing an adjacent street.

Is that similar to the new cardinals stadium? I know the grass slides in and out but I am not sure about the roof.

I like it -----

Is that similar to the new cardinals stadium? I know the grass slides in and out but I am not sure about the roof.

With nine acres +/- that isn't going to happen. I would imagne HKS will implement something akin to the new Dallas Cowboys stadium being built in Arlington. Big dome, relatively small retractable center sector.

I think it will help alot. They are already building new buildings everywhere, but there still are sh*tty parts. If the stadium gets built there you better believe people are going to build bars and restaurants near the stadium. A brand new place just opened called Finnegans on the river in down town. Hopefully the value of land inceases so that, and I hate to say it, but the bad areas, homeless and other things that are detriments that are in downtown get moved elsewhere.

One of the best examples of this may be Coors Field in Denver. "LoDo" was one of the absolute worst parts of the city but once Coors Field was built it has become a hot spot for night life as well as many new restaurants and other attractions. The stadium did wonders for the neighborhood as well as the city of Denver...

One of the best examples of this may be Coors Field in Denver. "LoDo" was one of the absolute worst parts of the city but once Coors Field was built it has become a hot spot for night life as well as many new restaurants and other attractions. The stadium did wonders for the neighborhood as well as the city of Denver...

I agree with this 110%. I moved to Denver about 3 years ago and am amazed at what Coors Field has done to that area. There is tons of nightlife and cool bars and property values have SOARED. Coors Field is also one of the most beautiful, fan-friendly stadiums I've ever been to.