Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

llahsram

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by llahsram

  1. Laughing stock http://www.prosports...ad.php?t=658768 So? We always have been and probably will for a little bit longer. You should be used to it by now and no longer care. It makes beating the other teams all the more sweeter. A little bit longer? Loria was given a chance here to really put the Marlins on the map and bring new fans. Well, it seems to me that all his re-branding has done is alienate the fans. Self included. When you alienate the fans, it is never a good thing.
  2. Incredible... Jeffrey Loria has completed the transformation of the Florida Marlins from baseball team to circus.
  3. The colors don't bother me. I'm all for the colors. But I don't think a bunch of colors on a field of BLACK looks good. I also think the logo shape, font, and overall design is pretty terrible.
  4. Does anyone actually believe that this looks presentable? It looks more like something I would expect to see at a "new look" McDonalds
  5. okay i missed the game... is JJ okay? What happened??? :banghead
  6. Hey we're 4-2 against the Mets this season!! Way to take the series!!!
  7. I'm glad we're getting this seven game losing streak out of our system early in the season. Time to go back to winning. :thumbup
  8. All I know is that it has been quite some time since the Marlins have been on SC as early as they have in the daily broadcasts...
  9. I like the black uniforms. Fooey on the orange color. A lot of people are like "Bah, the black is nothing like Miami! That shouldn't be a color" but those people are missing basic business principles. The black unis MUST come back for one reason alone: they are the best selling of the jerseys (according to Loria). Supply and demand says that it'd be stupid to stop selling the bllack jerseys. While this is true, I also got to think that new stadium, new duds, long term deals for marquee players will result in increased interest in the Marlins... which in turn will lead to increased jersey sales regardless of whether they are black or not. Unless of course they go with the old teal color which became 'uncool' to wear back in the mid-90's..
  10. First sweep in ATL!!!! I think we've swept 'em before in Atlanta. I believe this is the first 3 game sweep in Atlanta. Or maybe I'm wrong on that one. You might be right about that one. I just repeated what I thought I heard on the radio broadcast.
  11. First sweep in ATL!!!!
  12. Here are the answers: Angels Braves Cubs Indians Nationals Phillies Rangers Twins
  13. These are the colors for 8 baseball teams. Can you guess which color belongs to which team? I'll post answers later.
  14. Phillies Broadcaster harry kalas dies in the booth getting ready for a broadcast 1976 AL Rookie of the Year mark fidrych gets run over by a dump truck on his farm and dies Orlando Hudson hits for the cycle in Dodger Stadium - only the second guy to ever do that Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko both hit their 300th career HR and they did it back to back OF Nick Swisher comes in to pitch and gets a scoreless inning and a strikeout for the Yankees in a blowout loss to Tampa a severed goat's head is found outside wrigley then Ted Lilly has a no-hitter through 6 Mets open Citi Field and the first batter of the game hits a HR - for the Padres
  15. I need more ORANGE, baby. Sorry, seems like I'm the only fan of orange, but I really like it and I think its makes a lot of sense since we are playing in the orange bowl 1-We wont be playing in the orange bowl. It's not the orange bowl anymore- It's the fish bowl if anything. 2- Aren't you sick and tired of the gross bright orange seats? 3- Orange has nothing to do with fish colors- wouldn't you rather keep an oceanic color scheme? 4- In my opinion, orange is just an obnoxious color. STICK TO TEAL! :notworthy I'm open to other colors besides orange, I just can't stand black especially playing in Florida, black makes no sense I don't really mind the orange all that much either. When used as trim it really makes the wordmark pop. I always thought it is cool when a city has all teams have similar colors. Ie: Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, Penguins and in Seattle the Seahawks and Sounders have same colors. Black doesn't really say 'Miami/South Beach'. Orange ( as much as everyone here hates it ) does. The Panthers colors are navy blue, red, gold and white... Dolphins are turquoise orange and white... They already don't follow suite (although I'm an advocate of trend-starting). I'm just turned off by picturing a baseball jersey with orange-even as a trim. Do the Giants and Orioles turn you off? I think it looks good there, but if we go orange and black I'll be upset.
  16. I need more ORANGE, baby. Sorry, seems like I'm the only fan of orange, but I really like it and I think its makes a lot of sense since we are playing in the orange bowl 1-We wont be playing in the orange bowl. It's not the orange bowl anymore- It's the fish bowl if anything. 2- Aren't you sick and tired of the gross bright orange seats? 3- Orange has nothing to do with fish colors- wouldn't you rather keep an oceanic color scheme? 4- In my opinion, orange is just an obnoxious color. STICK TO TEAL! :notworthy I'm open to other colors besides orange, I just can't stand black especially playing in Florida, black makes no sense I don't really mind the orange all that much either. When used as trim it really makes the wordmark pop. I always thought it is cool when a city has all teams have similar colors. Ie: Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, Penguins and in Seattle the Seahawks and Sounders have same colors. Black doesn't really say 'Miami/South Beach'. Orange ( as much as everyone here hates it ) does.
  17. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like alternate jerseys. Baseball uniforms should be white or gray (or light blue if it's the 1980's). Combine those with dark socks and a dark hat and that is the baseball look. Baseball purist eh? I'm the same way. Keep it simple, and classy. I just don't want MLB getting to how it is in the NBA. These days I can't even tell who is who. Every team has like 5 alternates, 5 throwbacks. I was watching the Bulls game last night and they were wearing green. WTF?
  18. there's one problem with those uniforms up there...they still say florida. Didn't bother actually reading my post I see...
  19. The blue needs to be darker. That's the only way a blue-orange would look different than the Mets. I'll give it a go... should I keep the silver 'MARLINS' on the alternate? Or try white or orange? I think on the alternate jersey the wordmark should be white, have you seen my concept "M" hat with dark blue and orange? I can give the specifics for the blue if youd like I did, and I think it looks good. I think it would look great on this uniform: Unfortunately that is the only picture I have ever seen of that particular uni. I would love to see other views of it and the road version. It would be weird seeing us ditch the pinstripes, but I think it would look great.
  20. The blue needs to be darker. That's the only way a blue-orange would look different than the Mets. I'll give it a go... should I keep the silver 'MARLINS' on the alternate? Or try white or orange?
  21. Dark Blue, Orange, Silver Without further adu, I give you... the Miami Mets! Home Road Alt Sure it may look good, but its a blatant ripoff the Mets. :thumbdown
  22. From the outcry that orange has received, I just whipped this one up really fast. It was easy because all I changed was the black to the MARLIN BLUE I made up. Since there weren't many modifications it came out a lot cleaner. I wanted to see how the original teal paired with the new blue. I think it looks nice and sleek and 'watery', but it does seem to resemble the Mariners or Rays... which make sense since they are both coastal teams. Home Road Alternate
  23. Gotta think that they're going to have a black alternate jersey... It's possible. No one really has a clue what the new threads will look like, but I do think it is a given that 'orange' will be included just from the direction that Loria has taken the last few years. But hey it might be something totally different. I'm going to keep playing around with this uniform set and try different color combos. Any other suggestions? Blue/Light teal Green/Yellow Anything else I should try?
  24. You know your road jersey says Florida right? Won't it be Miami instead? Yeah I'm aware. I don't have the capabilities here at work to do something like that. Like I said earlier I just wanted to test these two new colors on the current uniform set.
  25. I have said it once and ill say it again, I am really against using orange as part of the teams colors. Yeah, a lot of folks are. The reason I put it in my design is because I think it's almost a guarantee that the new uniforms will have orange to some extent. So without making it a primary color, I used it only as trim. Lets face it, the current teal is nothing more than trim anyway.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.