Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

orange is definitely going to be there. no way black's a primary color with all the talks of rainbows going on.

with that said I'm still hoping for a N.O. Hornets blue + grey/"silver" with an orange accent.

and now here's some conversation between some guy and some guy who's seen the new unis, from the sportslogos forum.

You said it isn't what we are used to from a baseball jersey. Is it not a full button-up jersey?

I don't think I said that about the jersey. I think I mentioned "identity".

It's not necessarily the uniforms or the hats themselves, ie hat logo or wordmark, more

what might be called the "primary" logo that is..meh to me. To me it ruins the entire identity.

The main color doesn't help either in my opinion. I'll let you guys be the judge though. I'm just

one man.

I will say that they will still sell a fishing boat load of merchandise anyway, just because

it is new. Who knows, it might be fantastic on the field as well.

I thought that the deadline for uniform changes for next season had already passed by now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you right, that stuff is finalized well in advance. I'm sure there going to want to release the merchandise near the reveal date to prevent counterfeiters from having a good 4 month jump to make the fakes.

The Winnipeg jets had to do everything last minute. They had a very short period to design there jerseys and to make enough available for the team and for retail purposes With the reveal today they announced the jerseys are going to be released in October. I can about promise that the real jersey will be counterfeited by then within that one month period. . Counterfeits of a fan design jersey were already available and being seized.

If the Marlins are smart they are going to make the jerseys available the day they announce.

If the Marlins are smart everything that's been said will be false :\

I'm starting to warm up the the rainbow themE if they can pull it off well. Don't do anything stupid. Start with you basic white home jersey for the front logo if were going modern use the font on the ballpark logo, maybe use two or three colors from the logo for the front color with some black or silver as an accent divider at most., use the remaining colors I say orange and yellow for the arm bands. I say don't put piping down the front of the jersey.

As for roads / Alts, I could see them doing something like the Rangers do and have multiple color Alts. Not to many . Maybe make a home alt and a road alt. I suspect they will stick Miami on the front of the roads since we are pushing the name change. I don't see us having a gray road jersey.

If they are trying to be different and Sticking with the rainbow theme. I could see them putting the rainbow from the ballpark logo down each shoulder to the end of the sleeve, or maybe just one shoulder.

I'd ultimately just prefer them to stay away from the old Miami marlins combo combination. That would be such a cop out. I could be wrong but it doesnt seem like the team has the history to dedicate a renewal basically to that franchises history and colors. It would just seem like a half assed effort especially since the mets are in our division.

I thought that the deadline for uniform changes for next season had already passed by now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you right, that stuff is finalized well in advance. I'm sure there going to want to release the merchandise near the reveal date to prevent counterfeiters from having a good 4 month jump to make the fakes.

The Winnipeg jets had to do everything last minute. They had a very short period to design there jerseys and to make enough available for the team and for retail purposes With the reveal today they announced the jerseys are going to be released in October. I can about promise that the real jersey will be counterfeited by then within that one month period. . Counterfeits of a fan design jersey were already available and being seized.

If the Marlins are smart they are going to make the jerseys available the day they announce.

I also suspect that many of the people who have claimed to see the logos/uniforms are not only working for the Marlins but also employees of New Era/Majestic. Merchandise is probably in the production phase right now.

I also wouldn't be surprised if somehow the logos and/or uniforms get leaked before the release date.