Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

I see the silver to be an accent color. It would fit better than a black probably in the application they would use it. I bet we see a leak atleast of the logo and some colors by mid October. Considering it's a complete rebrand of the team and not just a jersey change, the org keeping all those elements from leaking is going to be about damn near impossible. If they are able to keep everything under wraps then I'll applaud them.

i feel like orange, at least, is a no brainer. Anyone who's anyone has noticed the gradual phase out of teal into the scheme dominating orange on all things official. For instance, the commercial for "come see the last game of the Florida Marlins" has the team name appearing in orange. In the past the FO has spoke of a gradual transition to the new colors - so with that in mind I feel like it makes sense that orange is in.

Breaking down orange itself, i've noticed that the shade that dominates marketing now is far gentler, pastel, creamier whatever than the sharper orange that was present in more of an accent capacity in the beginning of the season.

I believe the colors of the Miami Marlins are in this image, and the Orange being discussed is just a mixture of the Red and Yellow in there, same with the green being a mixture of the blue and yellow.

In other words, were getting a gradient.

Do you believe this because someone hinted at it, or just because you think so? :o

Hey Dr BF... there's so many congruent reports of what people have seen.... the main logo is orange and the alt logo is multicolored. Deal wif it

Even if its a horrendous mix of colors I can't f***ing wait. Instead of the "firesale low attendance" team well be the "ugly ass uniforms" team.

Underdogs fo life

I believe the colors of the Miami Marlins are in this image, and the Orange being discussed is just a mixture of the Red and Yellow in there, same with the green being a mixture of the blue and yellow.

In other words, were getting a gradient.

Mostly based on hints but this is what I believe. No ones mentioned it to me but someone here hinted at blue yellow and red.

Others hinted at gradients.

Do you believe this because someone hinted at it, or just because you think so? :o

As usual I think everyone needs to stop fretting about something they know nothing about.

And when the time comes around if you really hate it, voice your opinion then.

You make it sound like we are annoying you by actually talking about the subject. New uniforms and such are something to look forward to because god knows Its not the postseason.

the guys on the sportslogos forums are saying black will be very prevalent, which I hadn't read anywhere until just now.

the mental picture I'm conjuring up just keeps getting uglier and uglier.

That's because there are 600 people saying 600 different things. I've specifically seen the guys on CC say that there is like NO black. I'm convinced at least 50% of the stuff on there is bulls***, if not much more.

the guys on the sportslogos forums are saying black will be very prevalent, which I hadn't read anywhere until just now.

the mental picture I'm conjuring up just keeps getting uglier and uglier.

That's because there are 600 people saying 600 different things. I've specifically seen the guys on CC say that there is like NO black. I'm convinced at least 50% of the stuff on there is bulls***, if not much more.

Half the people on that board hates the team as it is, so I wouldn't put t past them to be talking for the sake of pissing real fans off. Its one extreme to the other as far as the colors, bright to pastel to alot of black. If they are claiming to see it they need to put there money where there mouth is and give a solid description.

Heres a perfect example of a conversation. The guy says they HAVE seen it, so he must be right. :rolleyes:

irishted122, on September 16, 2011 - 15:46, said:

Morgo, on September 16, 2011 - 14:49, said:

Sorry if this has already been established but this thread is simply too long to go through all of it.

Has there been any confirmation that the Marlins will be using the Stadium Colours or a Gradient or is this all speculation?

Thanks in advance.

Mostly specualtion. Some people claim to have seen the set, if you choose to believe them.

McCall-"They HAVE seen it. "

As usual I think everyone needs to stop fretting about something they know nothing about.

You make it sound like we are annoying you by actually talking about the subject. New uniforms and such are something to look forward to because god knows Its not the postseason.

Well yes, that's the point.

Everyone panicking/abandoning ship/giving in about 5 months ahead of time has notoriously bothered me among Marlins fans and Panther fans over the past half decade.

Sure enough, they were right every single time. But most of which had an irrational reasoning. It's irrational to be calling this jersey ugly when YOU haven't even seen it. You just [for some reason] want to [for some reason] complain about the jersey. Note:not you specifically, you meaning anyone who abandons ship/goes for a swim while the water's not warmed up yet.

Everyone panicking/abandoning ship/giving in about 5 months ahead of time has notoriously bothered me among Marlins fans and Panther fans over the past half decade.

amen

Well yes, that's the point.

Sure enough, they were right every single time. But most of which had an irrational reasoning. It's irrational to be calling this jersey ugly when YOU haven't even seen it. You just [for some reason] want to [for some reason] complain about the jersey. Note:not you specifically, you meaning anyone who abandons ship/goes for a swim while the water's not warmed up yet.

I just see it as healthy conversation on a post dedicated to talking about the team colors. I don't see anybody seriously jumping ship on this forum because the jerseys may look like crap. I know I'm not missing sleep because we may lose some fans if they don't like the jerseys.

Don't let it bother you so much Dr. You'll be alright.

I could see a lot of jumping ship coming up.

It's not like the team is just moving to another stadium a la the Twins, Mets, etc., or changing their name and uniforms like the Rays, or just changing their colors like the DBacks. Once these images get released, the Marlins as we know them are dead.