Everything posted by llahsram
-
Official *new* Marlins uniform thread
I know I'm beating a dead horse here with this thread which is why I am requesting to have this thread pinned. Moderator, please feel free to move this thread to another forum if you deem it necessary. I wanted to make this thread so that all discussions/ideas concerning the Marlins uniforms can be found in one place. That way we won't have posters starting 'New Marlins Uniforms' threads every hour. I also have a couple of ideas of my own which I will now upload. What I did here was download the current uniform templates off of Chris Creamer's logo site, and made basic color adjustments using Paint. Keep in mind that what I did was very basic, seeing as I am at work with no graphic programs. I know we're changing up the logo a bit, but what I wanted to illustrate is how a new color scheme would look on the current uniform style. I made a custom teal/blue with the following settings: Hue 129, Saturation 240, Lum 47, Red 0, Green 78, Blue 100. Using that color I tried to replace all BLACK with this new MARLIN BLUE. I then took a simple orange color and replaced all current teal with it. These are the results: Home Road Alternate Let me know what you guys think! ETA: Also, keep in mind that I made these at 24-bit BMP files and the quality faded a bit when I uploaded them to photobucket as jpg files. So please excuse the poor quality!!
-
My First Miami Marlins Concept
I'm so sick of the black. It is overdone, and IMO quite boring. You've got the Mets, Rockies, White Sox, Black Jays, Giants, Orioles (who we will resemble if we go black/gray/orange... halloween uniforms), Pirates, Astros, and the Reds all using black either as a primary or hat color. The Diamondbacks used to wear black until they wised up and finally decided to be different. We talk about the Marlins being unique... well where is the uniqueness? A third of the entire MLB uses black. Why not re-vamp the teal? Make it a darker/blueish shade? Something like what the Seattle Seahawks wear. And as much as the old teal is loved by old timers, its too bright. >>>>>>
-
Let's separate the believers from the haters
yyyyeah I'm not touching any of these two.... Just hoping for the best! :thumbup
-
4/8 Post Game
Lindstrom giving us shades of 'Former-Closer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'... When was Voldemort our fireman? This guy.... :shudders:
-
4/8 Post Game
Lindstrom giving us shades of 'Former-Closer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'... I've been listening on the iPhone app. I want to see a replay of that Brett Carroll catch. Anyhow...
-
Postgame Thread - Opening Day
Marlins Win!!! You know what that means....
-
MARLINS FANS, ARE YOU READY?
I'm pumped!
-
Marlins Team Colors
Orange. Better yet Bucs popsicle color. NO MORE BLACK +1
-
Give Sheffield a shot?
I've heard that Tampa is where he wants to play. It being his hometown, and of course Tampa being in the WS last year also doesn't hurt.
-
Give Sheffield a shot?
I say bring him in. He's a throwback, and he's our best shot at getting someone into the HOF as a 'Marlin'. Bringing him back will have nothing to do with his hall eligibility. Yeah but if he does get inducted I think it would all but insure that he goes in as a Marlin. I think right now if he were to be inducted there would be some debate on which team he would represent. He won his ring here, he said this was his favorite place to play, I think if goes in he picks Florida I don't think players gets to pick what team they go in as.
-
Give Sheffield a shot?
I say bring him in. He's a throwback, and he's our best shot at getting someone into the HOF as a 'Marlin'. Bringing him back will have nothing to do with his hall eligibility. Yeah but if he does get inducted I think it would all but insure that he goes in as a Marlin. I think right now if he were to be inducted there would be some debate on which team he would represent.
-
Miami Marlins!
I like the look of that Marlin, except it shouldn't have orange on the fish. I think whenever a fish/animal is represented in a logo, it should strive to look like the real thing. A Marlins doesn't have any orange. The rest of it I like though. A little bit of orange. :thumbup I always thought the teal should have somewhat of a blue shade like the Atlantic Blue Marlin.
-
Miami Marlins!
This morning uniwatchblog had an interesting take on what the new Marlins uni's could look like. Here are pics. Home Alternate Road The main idea was to get rid of the 'black' which I couldn't agree more with. I think they are interesting. I would miss the pinstripes, and the current typeface (I love the tail on the Marlins logo!!). But still, interesting nonetheless.
-
Give Sheffield a shot?
I say bring him in. He's a throwback, and he's our best shot at getting someone into the HOF as a 'Marlin'.
-
Hanley Hates Hair Policy
Hanley will be fine. :thumbup
-
Will there be a 2009 Adopt-A-Marlin?
I want to participate. I've never done this before. Can I have dibs on my boy Sean West?
-
County Meeting Thread
Thanks!!!
-
County Meeting Thread
is there a link where we can follow online?
-
County Meeting Thread
Hey, just want you guys to know that you all are in my thoughts today!!!! I'm praying that this deal gets done! :gofish
-
Who should the Marlins go after?
who should the fish go after? Catchers Brad Ausmus (40) Paul Bako (37) Rod Barajas (33) - $2.5MM club option for '09 with a $0.5MM buyout Josh Bard (31) Michael Barrett (32) Henry Blanco (37) - $3MM mutual option for '09 with a $0.3MM buyout Johnny Estrada (33) Toby Hall (33) Jason LaRue (35) Paul Lo Duca (37) - Type B Miguel Olivo (30) - $2.7MM mutual option for '09 with a $0.1MM buyout - Type B Ivan Rodriguez (37) - Type A David Ross (32) Javier Valentin (33) Jason Varitek (37) - Type A Gregg Zaun (38) - Type B First basemen Rich Aurilia (37) Hank Blalock (28) - $6.2MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout Sean Casey (34) Tony Clark (37) Carlos Delgado (37) - $12MM club option for '09 with a $4MM buyout - Type B Nomar Garciaparra (35) Jason Giambi (38) - $22MM club option for '09 with a $5MM buyout Eric Hinske (31) Doug Mientkiewicz (35) Kevin Millar (37) Richie Sexson (34) Mark Teixeira (29) - Type A Daryle Ward (34) Second basemen Willie Bloomquist (31) Craig Counsell (38) Ray Durham (37) Damion Easley (39) David Eckstein (34) Mark Grudzielanek (39) - Type B Jerry Hairston Jr. (33) Orlando Hudson (31) - Type A Tadahito Iguchi (34) Jeff Kent (41) - Type B Felipe Lopez (29) Mark Loretta (37) - Type B Nick Punto (31) Shortstops Willie Bloomquist (31) Orlando Cabrera (34) - Type A Alex Cintron (30) Alex Cora (33) Craig Counsell (38) David Eckstein (34) Adam Everett (32) Rafael Furcal (31) Nomar Garciaparra (35) Jerry Hairston Jr. (33) Cesar Izturis (29) Felipe Lopez (29) Edgar Renteria (33) - Type A Juan Uribe (30) - Type B Ramon Vazquez (32) Omar Vizquel (42) - $5.2MM club option for '09 with a $0.3MM buyout Third basemen Rich Aurilia (37) Casey Blake (35) - Type B Hank Blalock (28) - $6.2MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout Willie Bloomquist (31) Aaron Boone (36) Russell Branyan (33) Craig Counsell (38) Joe Crede (31) Nomar Garciaparra (35) Mark Loretta (37) - Type B Juan Uribe (30) - Type B Ramon Vazquez (32) Left fielders Moises Alou (42) - Type B Garret Anderson (37) - Type B Milton Bradley (31) - Type A Emil Brown (34) Pat Burrell (32) - Type A Adam Dunn (29) - Type A Cliff Floyd (36) - $2.75MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout Luis Gonzalez (41) - Type B Jerry Hairston Jr. (33) Raul Ibanez (37) - Type A Gabe Kapler (33) Kevin Mench (31) Jason Michaels (33) - $2.6MM club option for '09 Craig Monroe (32) Greg Norton (36) Jay Payton (36) Manny Ramirez (37) - Type A Juan Rivera (30) Center fielders Rocco Baldelli (27) Willie Bloomquist (31) Mike Cameron (36) - $10MM club option for '09 with a $750K buyout - Type B Jim Edmonds (39) Jerry Hairston Jr. (33) Gabe Kapler (33) Mark Kotsay (33) Corey Patterson (29) Scott Podsednik (33) Right fielders Bobby Abreu (35) - Type A Casey Blake (35) - Type B Cliff Floyd (36) - $2.75MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout Brian Giles (38) - $9MM club option for '09 with a $3MM buyout - Type A Ken Griffey Jr. (39) - Type B Gabe Kapler (33) Jason Michaels (33) - $2.6MM club option for '09 Brad Wilkerson (32) DHs Milton Bradley (31) - Type A Cliff Floyd (36) - $2.75MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout Jason Giambi (38) - $22MM club option for '09 with $5MM buyout Mike Sweeney (35) Frank Thomas (41) - Type B Jose Vidro (34) Starting pitchers Kris Benson (33) A.J. Burnett (32) - can opt out after '08 season - Type A Paul Byrd (38) - Type B Roger Clemens (46) Matt Clement (33) Bartolo Colon (36) Ryan Dempster (32) - Type A Shawn Estes (36) Josh Fogg (32) Freddy Garcia (33) Jon Garland (29) - Type B Tom Glavine (43) Mike Hampton (36) Mark Hendrickson (35) Livan Hernandez (34) Orlando Hernandez (43) Jason Jennings (30) Randy Johnson (45) Kenshin Kawakami (34) Jon Lieber (39) Braden Looper (34) - Type B Rodrigo Lopez (33) - club option for '09 Derek Lowe (36) - Type A Greg Maddux (43) - Type B Pedro Martinez (37) Sergio Mitre (28) Jamie Moyer (46) - Type A Mark Mulder (31) Mike Mussina (40) - Type A Carl Pavano (33) - $13MM club option for '09 with a $1.95MM buyout Brad Penny (31) - $8.75MM club option for '09 with a $2MM buyout - Type B Odalis Perez (32) Oliver Perez (27) - Type A Andy Pettitte (37) - Type A Sidney Ponson (32) Mark Prior (27) Kenny Rogers (44) Glendon Rusch (34) C.C. Sabathia (28) - Type A Curt Schilling (42) Ben Sheets (30) - Type A John Smoltz (42) - Type B Koji Uehara (34) Tim Wakefield (42) - perpetual $4MM club option - Type B Kip Wells (32) Randy Wolf (32) - Type B Closers Chad Cordero (27) Brian Fuentes (33) - Type A Eric Gagne (33) - Type B Eddie Guardado (38) Trevor Hoffman (41) - Type B Jason Isringhausen (36) - Type A Brandon Lyon (29) - Type B Francisco Rodriguez (27) - Type A Salomon Torres (37) - $3.75MM club option for '09 with a $0.3MM buyout - Type B Kerry Wood (32) - Type A Middle relievers Jeremy Affeldt (30) - Type B Luis Ayala (31) Joe Beimel (32) - Type B Joe Borowski (38) Doug Brocail (42) - Type A Shawn Chacon (31) Juan Cruz (30) - Type A Alan Embree (39) - $3MM club option for '09 - Type B Scott Eyre (37) Kyle Farnsworth (33) Casey Fossum (31) Keith Foulke (35) Tom Gordon (41) - $4.5MM club option for '09 with a $1MM buyout LaTroy Hawkins (36) Mark Hendrickson (35) Matt Herges (39) Bob Howry (35) - Type B Jon Lieber (39) Jason Johnson (35) Damaso Marte (34) - $6MM club option for '09 with a $0.25MM buyout - Type A Trever Miller (36) - $2MM club option for '09 with a $0.4MM buyout - Type B Guillermo Mota (35) Will Ohman (31) Darren Oliver (38) - Type A Chan Ho Park (36) Horacio Ramirez (29) Al Reyes (38) Dennys Reyes (32) - Type B Arthur Rhodes (39) Juan Rincon (30) Glendon Rusch (34) Rudy Seanez (40) Brian Shouse (40) - Type B Russ Springer (40) - Type A Mike Timlin (43) Ron Villone (39) David Weathers (39) - Type B Kip Wells (32) Matt Wise (33) Jamey Wright (34) - Type B
-
5/22 Postgame thread
Two myths debunked tonight: 1) Marlins can only beat bad teams. 2) Andrew Miller is not ready.
-
5/6 Postgame thread
Can't wait to actually watch the game tomorrow morning at work via MLB.TV!!
-
De Aza's status
Anybody know anything? I can't seem to find any info on him.
-
Throwback jerseys
Anyone remember the throwbacks they wore in 2002 with the orange and blue? Will they wear them again? :mis2 Uh, is there a picture or something of that? Because I don't think I've ever seen these 'throwbacks' you speak of.
-
Mark Hendrickson
I believe two weeks ago the espn.com power rankings had a statement about Hendrickson stating something to the effect of "He won't be in the rotation come May. He's won three straight.