Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/8 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins defeat the Nationals 6-4.

 

Volstad: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 7 SO

 

Save: Matt Lindstrom

 

2B: Dan Uggla (1)

SB: Emilio Bonifacio (4)

Lindstrom giving us shades of 'Former-Closer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'...

 

I've been listening on the iPhone app. I want to see a replay of that Brett Carroll catch.

 

Anyhow...

Uggla's 3-run double was clearly the difference, but I give a lot of props to Volstad for not caving in after the 1st, that shows a LOT of him to go out there and play damage control the rest of the game. He had faith in the offense and it rewarded him!

Calero, Baker and Uggla deserve recognition today but my vote goes to Uggla, his Double was huge in this game.

Not to mention Emilio finishing off a monster series for him.

 

Also I really hope Cantu is ok...

Lindstrom giving us shades of 'Former-Closer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'...

When was Voldemort our fireman?

 

 

This guy.... :shudders:

Uggla's error in the 9th negated my original vote for him...Baker and Calero get some props, but I gave it to Volstad who didn't let the 1st inning get to him...despite the walks, he was still giving out K's and kept the Nats out of it before turning it over to the pen... Logan was meh, and Matt L. gets a pass since he may be a bit rusty coming off his arm issue from the WBC...

I just read that X-Rays were negative on Cantu's hand, so thats good news

 

link? where'd you hear this...?

 

Florida's starters are 3-0 with a 3.06 ERA. ... Game-time temperature was an unseasonably cool 65 degrees, enough to force some in the crowd to don jackets and, in a couple cases, ski caps. ... Cabrera went 0-for-2. He's 0-for-16 at the plate, all strikeouts. ... Cantu left shortly after getting hit in the left hand by a Cabrera offering in the fifth. X-rays were negative. ... Marlins radio voice Dave Van Horne celebrated his 40th anniversary of being a major league broadcaster. He started with the Montreal Expos on April 8, 1969, and has called games in 49 ballparks.

 

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290408128

I voted for Baker, 2 RBI's to tie up the game early on with some fine hitting. Plus drew a walk & threw out a runner. Huge outing by Calero too, & Volstad pitched solid.

 

Couldn't have picked a better start to the season! Starting pitchers are cruising, offense putting up 8 runs per game so far. Let's see if we can keep it up against the Mets. :thumbup

I need to see another replay of that Brett Carroll catch. I still don't believe that was a catch, i may not have seen it from the best angle, but i need to see another replay for clarification.

I need to see another replay of that Brett Carroll catch. I still don't believe that was a catch, i may not have seen it from the best angle, but i need to see another replay for clarification.

 

I think it was a clean catch, but it should not have been so spectacular. he had to make up for a very poor jump.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.