April 8, 200917 yr I need to see another replay of that Brett Carroll catch. I still don't believe that was a catch, i may not have seen it from the best angle, but i need to see another replay for clarification. I think it was a clean catch, but it should not have been so spectacular. he had to make up for a very poor jump. There is some truth to this, although that ball was hit very hard. Regardless...it should have never gotten to that point. Uggla's gotta take the easy out on that groundball with a 3 run lead.
April 8, 200917 yr I need to see another replay of that Brett Carroll catch. I still don't believe that was a catch, i may not have seen it from the best angle, but i need to see another replay for clarification. I think it was a clean catch, but it should not have been so spectacular. he had to make up for a very poor jump. There is some truth to this, although that ball was hit very hard. Regardless...it should have never gotten to that point. Uggla's gotta take the easy out on that groundball with a 3 run lead. It looked like carrol took a step back then wass like oh crap. I wasnt sure if it was a catch either cause hsi glove was facing down. Glad to hear Cantu's ok.
April 8, 200917 yr I was at the game, outfield 1. It was a great game but got a little ocncerned in the last inning...uggla should have had a double play but oh well....i just hope the marlins can start putting some games consistenly with 0 errors..
April 8, 200917 yr I need to see another replay of that Brett Carroll catch. I still don't believe that was a catch, i may not have seen it from the best angle, but i need to see another replay for clarification. I think it was a clean catch, but it should not have been so spectacular. he had to make up for a very poor jump. There is some truth to this, although that ball was hit very hard. Regardless...it should have never gotten to that point. Uggla's gotta take the easy out on that groundball with a 3 run lead. Ball hit hard and was like a knuckle ball. Crazy movement. Only pitcher to deserve a vote would be Calero. 10 BBs in one game is unacceptable.
April 8, 200917 yr yea 10 walks in one game, and u gota be happy that u win this game. obviously it was a nail biter at the end, but it shouldn't have gotten to that point had Uggla just taken that one out.
April 9, 200917 yr If I could vote more than once I'd go with both Calero and Volstad. Since I can't, I went with Calero, since he came in in such a tough spot and got out of it unscathed, and then gave us another great inning to follow it up. Volstad came close second especially after that first inning, great performance. Shook off the error by Cody (really not his fault, nor Cantu's because they both did what they should have done) and the long first inning to give four strong innings and strike out 7. Glad to see the offense stepped up again when it was needed
April 9, 200917 yr I voted for Baker, 2 RBI's to tie up the game early on with some fine hitting. Plus drew a walk & threw out a runner. Huge outing by Calero too, & Volstad pitched solid. This. Yeah, Uggla's 3 run double was clutch, but without baker getting two extremely clutch RBI's in two different two out situations, I don't think the Uggla double happens. Plus, throwing out a base stealer to end the inning? Not much more you can do right.
April 9, 200917 yr Calero did a very nice job preserving the lead. I thought the last inning was going to be a disaster, however, the players kept their heads after the error by Uggla and then they handled their business. Lindstrom was rusty, however, he got no help from CB Buckner (who IMO is the worst umpire in the league behind the plate) and that definitely didn't help. So, right from the beginning I had the feeling that it was going to be a tough ninth. I don't expect the Matty will stuggle that mightily again. I hope not for the sake of Marlin fans who dealt with that last year. He will get better, mark my words. I love that we scored a lot of runs in this series. The offense was really fun to watch. Bring on the Mutts!!
April 9, 200917 yr Oh forgot to mention I was in Section 127 Row 1 Seat 13...I forgot the inning but it was when we got the rally going Elijah Dukes talked some crap according to my friend to a fellow marlin fan and my friend shut him up by telling him to win a ballgame first...lol dukes said something but we couldn't hear him.
April 10, 200917 yr Oh forgot to mention I was in Section 127 Row 1 Seat 13...I forgot the inning but it was when we got the rally going Elijah Dukes talked some crap according to my friend to a fellow marlin fan and my friend shut him up by telling him to win a ballgame first...lol dukes said something but we couldn't hear him. Right down the row from my seats. I wasn't there but I gave my tix to my bug man and his son. (sucks when my job interferes with my personal life) Haven't talked to them since and never did get a good view of that section what little I saw of the game on TV, but someone was in my seats. BTW You are probably better off not hearing what he said.
April 10, 200917 yr Oh forgot to mention I was in Section 127 Row 1 Seat 13...I forgot the inning but it was when we got the rally going Elijah Dukes talked some crap according to my friend to a fellow marlin fan and my friend shut him up by telling him to win a ballgame first...lol dukes said something but we couldn't hear him. Right down the row from my seats. I wasn't there but I gave my tix to my bug man and his son. (sucks when my job interferes with my personal life) Haven't talked to them since and never did get a good view of that section what little I saw of the game on TV, but someone was in my seats. BTW You are probably better off not hearing what he said. Yea my friend got out of class at 11....and i had to pick him up at miami dade and drop a girl i know off at her house so by the time i got to the stadium it was 11:50 and the line for tickets was really long luckily osme guy was selling two outfield tickets for 10 each and i told my friend what the hell i have never sat in the outfield...row 1 isn't to bad but i prfer my infield seats any day. Interesting because next to my friend there was a guy and his son as well lol. andabout Dukes yea he was teasing some marlin fans, maybe the marlins fans started it? i don't know but all i know is he was being a real butthole to some of them. I was hoping Boni would steal a base so I could scream out "That's how you steal a base Dukes" because he got caught stealing earlier in the game lol.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.