Pitching schedule for Spring Training.

Hollyberry

VOLSTAD AGAINST UM: Right-hander Chris Volstad, Florida's first-round draft pick in 2005, will start the Marlins' first exhibition game Tuesday at Roger Dean Stadium against the University of Miami.

Volstad, a 2005 graduate of Palm Beach Gardens High, will throw two innings and be followed by three other pitchers selected in the first round of the '05 draft: right-hander Jacob Marceaux, right-hander Ryan Tucker and left-hander Aaron Thomson. They'll each throw one inning along with right-handers Gaby Hernandez, Paul Mildren, Henry Owens and Matt Lindstrom.

The game, starting at 3:05 p.m., and will feature Florida's regular starting lineup.

Left-hander Scott Olsen will start Wednesdays Grapefruit League opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Marlins will throw relief pitchers Thursday against the Orioles in Jupiter.

Palmbeachpost.com :) .

VOLSTAD AGAINST UM: Right-hander Chris Volstad, Florida's first-round draft pick in 2005, will start the Marlins' first exhibition game Tuesday at Roger Dean Stadium against the University of Miami.

Volstad, a 2005 graduate of Palm Beach Gardens High, will throw two innings and be followed by three other pitchers selected in the first round of the '05 draft: right-hander Jacob Marceaux, right-hander Ryan Tucker and left-hander Aaron Thomson. They'll each throw one inning along with right-handers Gaby Hernandez, Paul Mildren, Henry Owens and Matt Lindstrom.

The game, starting at 3:05 p.m., and will feature Florida's regular starting lineup.

Left-hander Scott Olsen will start Wednesdays Grapefruit League opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Marlins will throw relief pitchers Thursday against the Orioles in Jupiter.

I can't wait!!!!! :woot

does that mean olsen's gonna be the ace and start the season opener?

From what I overheard (Olsen talking to a fan) Olsen is going to be pitching the last game in Washington.

From what I overheard (Olsen talking to a fan) Olsen is going to be pitching the last game in Washington.

He's our third starter, then. That means Anibal is going to be our second starter. Ricky fourth. And then someone else fifth. All of this assuming JJ starts the season on the DL.

ok, thanks.

He's our third starter, then. That means Anibal is going to be our second starter. Ricky fourth. And then someone else fifth. All of this assuming JJ starts the season on the DL.

According to the Marlins web site this puts Willis in line to be the Opening Day starter on 6 days rest. The rotation should be Willis, Sanchez, Olsen, and Nolasco starting the Home Opener. They may decide to go with a 4 man rotation until the 17th because of off days on the 5th and 12th.

WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY! IM GOING FRIDAY!

"Dontrelle Willis is scheduled to make his first Spring Training appearance on Friday against the Orioles at Fort Lauderdale Stadium" :)

OMG! One Day earlier and it woulda been relief pitchers!

THANK YOU HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely good new, versus seeing the bullpen a day earlier since I am taking the afternoon off on Friday to go with my daughter. Hey, I know it is only two innings-but still better than Randy "there it goes, over the wall"Messenger starting, although we might see him-

Definitely good new, versus seeing the bullpen a day earlier since I am taking the afternoon off on Friday to go with my daughter. Hey, I know it is only two innings-but still better than Randy "there it goes, over the wall"Messenger starting, although we might see him-

Not so good for us. A bunch of us are going to the game on Thursday. Figures they would put up the pen. Oh well. Still better than a day working.

Glad to see Volstadt get a start vs the 'canes. Especially since he almost went there instead of to us. This kid is going to be special. Almost makes it worth it to go to the park and hear the ting of the bat. Almost.