Issues Needing to be Addressed

I'm really getting tired of us serving up vitories to other teams. The walks are stupid and aggrovating. Not looking at the third base coach has to stop. We are playing sloppy. and it needs to stop. I would kill to see a Jack McKeon ass chew out session right now.

This team is nowhere near as sloppy as it was under McKeon and Gonzalez hasn't done anything even a tenth as hairbrained as Jack McKeon would do.

Pitchers need to throw strikes, if they can't, demote them. Anyone know if Gregg has options? Cause I want Gardner back.

It's called regression to the mean. The bullpen is not as good as the stretch we saw early in the season, so patches like this just have to happen.

That's all.

I think there is also some mismanagement going on.

Well d'uh, but I'm not interested in starting the 992054839048th debate about how Gonzalez is a yes-man and have people who don't understand what that means start mouthing off.

Freddi's not a great manager, Freddi, for whatever reason, has not had this team focused for about the last week and still has no clue how to use a bullpen, but there is a really simple explanation for it, and that is that this bullpen we saw tonight is far more likely to be the bullpen we have rather than the one we saw opening week.

Has anybody realized that this is game number 12?

We started last year 11-31. This year we have sergio mitre and Jorge Julio to blame for four of the teams six losses.

We are making stupid mistakes. I agree that running through the third base coach's sign is stupid, but Miguel Cabrera does it from time to time and it works out for him. No one is bitching and moaning if Hanley scores.

Gregg did put the men on the bases and was pitching like sh*t, but come on... he gets the pop up and then tank is in facing a lefty. Those things matter. He messed up once. Lets give these guys a break and stop calling Freddi an idiot. How was this game his fault? I think this closer role is still an audition and Gregg getting the bases loaded and being left in is probably evidence of that. Give the manager a break. It has been twelve games for a rookie manager.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I don't want to be the drop of water that starts the waterfall, but Gregg needs to be pulled after walking the first two batters in the 9th. This is my first strike against Fredi.

Plus, Borchard needs let Uggla catch that ball. With his back to the outfield, Uggla can't see Joe coming and he clearly waved everyone off.

I don't want to be the drop of water that starts the waterfall, but Gregg needs to be pulled after walking the first two batters in the 9th. This is my first strike against Fredi.

Plus, Borchard needs let Uggla catch that ball. With his back to the outfield, Uggla can't see Joe coming and he clearly waved everyone off.

Yeah, with Tank warming, Gregg had no business staying in the game after the second walk.

Other than that, not to turn this into a whole "macho" thing, but to anyone that has played baseball (I did through my sophomore year of college) you know that an outfielder always has priority over an infielder...always.

If anyone's interested, here's the priority list on a fly-ball:

Outfield

Centerfield

Right/left-field

Infield

Short-Stop

Third-baseman/Second-Baseman

1st Baseman

Catcher

Pitcher

Theoretically, if the centerfielder is playing reeeeeally shallow, he could call off infielders on the infield :p

and mckeon is the same guy that got lucky enough to have Braden Looper pitch ugueth urbina out of a bases loaded jam. Braden Looper was a piece of crap... and Jack McKeon may have been the luckiest manager alive that year. He wasnt a managerial genius, evidenced by his mercenarial behavior since 1912.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Tonight had nothing to do with being a yes man.

He chose the wrong pitcher to begin with and was too scared to pull him. Despite his own faults, that is something I can always give McKeon credit for.

I'm not certain he chose the wrong pitcher. Gregg can throw more innings than Owens and the pitcher's position had just come to bat. His mistake was not pulling him.

and mckeon is the same guy that got lucky enough to have Braden Looper pitch ugueth urbina out of a bases loaded jam. Braden Looper was a piece of crap... and Jack McKeon may have been the luckiest manager alive that year. He wasnt a managerial genius, evidenced by his mercenarial behavior since 1912.

So McKeon was lucky, but Beinfest was a genius.

(Sorry, I had to).

yea he worked magic, but he wasen't afraid to get off his ass and change something that was not working. You can't work magic if you don't do anything.

The strike zone was small.

Theres alot of reasons we lost tonight but the point in something has got to change we cant keep walking 10 batters a game, we must get more production from the middle of our lineup and Freddi has to learn to make pitchers out but God dammit were going to win this series and start streaking.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Yeah, with Tank warming, Gregg had no business staying in the game after the second walk.

Other than that, not to turn this into a whole "macho" thing, but to anyone that has played baseball (I did through my sophomore year of college) you know that an outfielder always has priority over an infielder...always.

Outfield

Centerfield

Right/left-field

Infield

Short-Stop

1st Baseman

Catcher

Pitcher

Theoretically, if the centerfielder is playing reeeeeally shallow, he could call off infielders on the infield :p

I'm aware of the hierarchy, but rationally Uggla has a poor chance of hearing Borchard since his head facing away and no chance of seeing him. Borchard is in better position to see the other players around him, and Uggla clearly waved everyone off.

Outfield

Centerfield

Right/left-field

Infield

Short-Stop

1st Baseman

Catcher

Pitcher

I'm aware of the hierarchy, but rationally Uggla has a poor chance of hearing Borchard since his head facing away and no chance of seeing him. Borchard is in better position to see the other players around him, and Uggla clearly waved everyone off.

Well, rationally, if both players are looking skyward for the ball, what good is waving going to do. ;)

There has to be communication, and quite frankly, the lack of verbal communication on this team is appalling and another strike on the coaching staff (not that I even want to go that route).

Guest FlummoxedLummox

You're right, but Borchard does have a better opportunity to quickly observe his surrounding or even see something waving him off from his peripheral vision. Admittedly, though, Uggla has been making some really poor decisions this season. (On the basepaths and now in the field)