Alec Baldwin Is A Ranting Jackass

Passion

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-baldwin...age-to-daughter

Hear the voicemail here:

Ok, I agree that it sounds terrible. But we really don't know the context of this at all. For all we know, she really doesn't give a crap and has missed the phone call for the fifth or sixth time. If this is a parent scolding his child, and it isn't a celebrity, then does this become a big deal? Parents yell at their kids a lot. Most of the time it isn't very nice. A lot of times bad words are used. Yes she is 11, but we still don't know what she did.

It really frustrates me that Baldwin is the girl's father and he is being treated like he isn't. Like the rest of the world gets to be the parent here. Yes he said some stupid things, but it is definitely within his province to yell at his daughter if she deserves it. If she didn't, then no. But we just don't know.

Id love to get a short out of context clip of what 50% of parents say to their kids and see what others say about them.

Ok, I agree that it sounds terrible. But we really don't know the context of this at all. For all we know, she really doesn't give a crap and has missed the phone call for the fifth or sixth time. If this is a parent scolding his child, and it isn't a celebrity, then does this become a big deal? Parents yell at their kids a lot. Most of the time it isn't very nice. A lot of times bad words are used. Yes she is 11, but we still don't know what she did.

It really frustrates me that Baldwin is the girl's father and he is being treated like he isn't. Like the rest of the world gets to be the parent here. Yes he said some stupid things, but it is definitely within his province to yell at his daughter if she deserves it. If she didn't, then no. But we just don't know.

Id love to get a short out of context clip of what 50% of parents say to their kids and see what others say about them.

Well put. Those are my exact thoughts on this issue.

Thank God someone else understands this!

Seriously, he is talking to his own f***ing daughter and its a private call. I walked into a building today and over heard people talking about the call. I was like are you kidding me? He is talking to his own daughter and we have no idea of the context. If anyone thinks this is interesting news or gossip then you have a major problem and have NO life. I'm sorry but if a celebrity saying things to his daughter is an event in anyone's life, then you should jump out a window.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

This isn't our business, and nobody would even care if it wasn't a celebrity. As FM said, we have no idea what precipitated this or what their relationship is like under other circumstances. Parents have a right to be upset when disrespected by their children and we shouldn't pass judgment based on a very small slice of their life. Does it look good? No, but I think that people are taking an extreme holier-than-thou approach and claiming to be outraged because it is the politically correct thing to do.

Guest CrimsonCane

He probably was simply channeling his character from Glengarry Glenross to motivate his daughters a little bit. Get them to sell some moth*rF*&^n real estate!!!

I can just imagine Baldwin yelling at his daughter: "PUT THAT JUICE BOX DOWN! Juice boxes are for closers."

This isn't our business, and nobody would even care if it wasn't a celebrity. As FM said, we have no idea what precipitated this or what their relationship is like under other circumstances. Parents have a right to be upset when disrespected by their children and we shouldn't pass judgment based on a very small slice of their life. Does it look good? No, but I think that people are taking an extreme holier-than-thou approach and claiming to be outraged because it is the politically correct thing to do.

im not sure but I didnt hear any abusive language(by him) most kids are constantly swearing and being abusive to their parents at this age..( did you ever hear the inside halls at a public middle school???) I'll be willing to bet his 11 year old is abusive towards him and he maintains somewhat of a civil mouth... but kids can be very abusive and i'd like to hear what her messages to him are like.. probably heartbreaking, kids can be very mean in divorce situations thanks to their moms

and "withholding" is abusive and if she is avoiding talking to him constantly she is "withholding "= abuse

this is her dad I say nice job to him for keeping his patience..well sort of anyways

Guest FlummoxedLummox

im not sure but I didnt hear any abusive language(by him) most kids are constantly swearing and being abusive to their parents at this age..( did you ever hear the inside halls at a public middle school???) I'll be willing to bet his 11 year old is abusive towards him and he maintains somewhat of a civil mouth... but kids can be very abusive and i'd like to hear what her messages to him are like.. probably heartbreaking, kids can be very mean in divorce situations thanks to their moms

and "withholding" is abusive and if she is avoiding talking to him constantly she is "withholding "= abuse

this is her dad I say nice job to him for keeping his patience..well sort of anyways

One, where did I say it was abuse?

Two, no I've never been inside the halls of a public middle school.

Three, this hardly an instance of him showing patience.

Four, Reed is not master.

One, where did I say it was abuse?

Two, no I've never been inside the halls of a public middle school.

Three, this hardly an instance of him showing patience.

Four, Reed is not master.

five, guess which finger im holding up

six,i can have an invitation at my next meet for ya to sit rite in front and see what abuse is

wanna come??

seven, oh didnt think so

Yeah it's private and shouldn't be our business, but since it is our business now, I can't help but comment on it.

A communication like that from a father to his 11yo daughter is pretty fringe, regardless of the context (which isn't too hard to figure out). Again, it's none of our business, but it's not a stretch at all to call the guy a sh*tty father, loose cannon, or dirtbag after hearing that recording.

Sure, there are tons of dysfunctional parents out there (and it looks like a number of you know this firsthand), but the voyeur in me likes seeing the dysfunctional side of celebrities. Alec Baldwin has been known for years to be a maniacal, abusive madman; now I get to hear it for myself.

Now will I stop watching him on TV or film? Of course not.

(not directed at fox)

How is this even news? Seriously, its a guy leaving a message on his OWN daughter's voicemail and it gets all over the news. Its just so sad how people care so much about every little thing a celebrity does. OMG so and so went to dinner with a girl!

Ding ding ding! Who cares? Worse things are said each and every day to kids by their parents. The only reason this is "news" is because it was released out in the open - apparently by Basinger. I don't care. Other people shouldn't. It doesn't involve them. It's none of their business.

Yeah it's private and shouldn't be our business, but since it is our business now, I can't help but comment on it.

A communication like that from a father to his 11yo daughter is pretty fringe, regardless of the context (which isn't too hard to figure out). Again, it's none of our business, but it's not a stretch at all to call the guy a sh*tty father, loose cannon, or dirtbag after hearing that recording.

Sure, there are tons of dysfunctional parents out there (and it looks like a number of you know this firsthand), but the voyeur in me likes seeing the dysfunctional side of celebrities. Alec Baldwin has been known for years to be a maniacal, abusive madman; now I get to hear it for myself.

Now will I stop watching him on TV or film? Of course not.

Seriously, whose parents haven't said worse things than that to them?