What's Olsen's Excuse Tonight???

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Until Julio, Borchard and Wood are off the MLB roster, this team is gonna stink. I'd like to see Kool Aid up along with Andino....Can't be worse then those schmucks.

Until Julio, Borchard and Wood are off the MLB roster, this team is gonna stink. I'd like to see Kool Aid up along with Andino....Can't be worse then those schmucks.

I am not entirely sure you remember Abercrombie.

Julio is on the D.

Borchard would be bench player and Wood would not be on the roster if Hermida was healthy.

BTW, Wood threw out the winning run, Olivo dropped it, and also got himself 90 feet away and stranded.

Guest FishFanInPA

I am not entirely sure you remember Abercrombie.

Julio is on the D.

Borchard would be bench player and Wood would not be on the roster if Hermida was healthy.

BTW, Wood threw out the winning run, Olivo dropped it, and also got himself 90 feet away and stranded.

Incorrect, Wood made a horrendous throw from like 15 feet away and Olivo did the best he could.

Guest Juanky

That wasn't a bad throw at all, in fact it's easier for the catcher there to have the throw hop.

The offense didn't show up either. Not getting a single run aside from homers doesn't classify a good night on O.

On the bright side, the pen continues to be excellent.

It may be the wrong night to complain about Borchard. He did hit a homer that helped us get the game to five all.

It wasn't a great throw, but it was a heads up play and hit Olivo in the chest. It needed to be caught.

It wasn't a great throw??? Are you f'ing serious???? It was the worst throw I've ever seen a major league player make. My dead grandmother could have made a better throw than that. The f'ing ball hit the dirt as soon as hit left his hand!

It wasn't a great throw, but it was a heads up play and hit Olivo in the chest. It needed to be caught.

It wasn't a great throw??? Are you f'ing serious???? It was the worst throw I've ever seen a major league player make. My dead grandmother could have made a better throw than that. The f'ing ball hit the dirt as soon as hit left his hand!

Dude, that's the idea... it is easier for the catcher to receive it and tag the incoming runner if the ball hops off the ground... it was an OK throw with a very bad reception... whatever... this team doesn't know how to win in extras... you should be complaining about the idiot of Uggla keeping the bunt down after seeing Ramirez getting such a great jump... instead of letting the kid steal a base and get in scoring position he decided to strike out... and then Hanley was forced to try to steal a base... game over... lowly nationals 1 in the luck column... marlins 0 in how to win a baseball game in extra innings for dummies...

Wow... I hardly know where to begin

First, he made a heads up play to get that ball. By rights there is no play at all.

Second, you want to bounce balls to the catcher.

Third, Olivo rushed, and went for the tag before he had the ball. Treanor's in, that's an out. Olivo doesn't block the plate and isn't a good receiver.

Fourth, Wood got himself 90 feet away with 1 out. Short of a walkoff homerun (that he just missed twice), wtf do you expect from him?

I just watched the game highlights on ESPN for the first time. Yes, the throw could have been better, and it looks like Wood still had plenty of time that he could have collected himself and made a "better" throw.

However...

It appeared that Olivo had the ball in his glove, and simply rushed himself in turning to find the baserunner. The analyst covering the game even said that the run scored "because Miguel Olivo dropped the ball."