Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitre will start Saturday... Julio back Fri/Sat/Sun?

Featured Replies

Who are we going to send down for Julio? This just makes me sick that someone who is doing terrible replaces someone who is doing the job.

Reliever Jorge Julio is scheduled to throw another rehab assignment on Thursday. If he keeps progressing, the right-hander could return to the Marlins as early as this weekend.

 

Mitre...

Sergio Mitre, scheduled to start at home against the Padres on Saturday, threw six shutout innings, giving up two hits in a rehab start with Class A Jupiter on Monday. Mitre is on the disabled list with a blister problem

 

FlaMarlins.com

if/when Julio comes back, will he immediately take over the closers role that Owens seems to have now?

 

I really hope they aren't stupid enough to let him close more games.

I wouldn't bring Julio back unless another reliever gets injured.

Field will probably go down for Julio. I just wonder who we send down for Mitre.

I wouldn't bring Julio back unless another reliever gets injured.

Field will probably go down for Julio.

 

field already got sent down for nolasco

I wouldn't bring Julio back unless another reliever gets injured.

Field will probably go down for Julio.

 

field already got sent down for nolasco

Then it could be Gardner in danger of being sent down. Again. And possibly Obermueller.

if/when Julio comes back, will he immediately take over the closers role that Owens seems to have now?

 

Doubt it. At least for now. I don't think Fredi has really settled on a closer but I do think that Julio will be a set up guy until he shows he can do at this level what he has been doing in his rehab starts. He's gonna be more of a pen influence more than anything for awhile. Say what you want about him but he has the right attitude, even when originally demoted. And he has 99 saves under his belt.

I hate to see Gardner sent back down, but it looks that way. Best guess is Obie is the other one.

I wouldn't bring Julio back unless another reliever gets injured.

Field will probably go down for Julio.

 

field already got sent down for nolasco

Then it could be Gardner in danger of being sent down. Again. And possibly Obermueller.

 

I agree...Obermueller is going down when Mitre is called up...then I'd guess Gardner is the odd man out when Julio is ready. I wonder...who goes down when Josh Johnson is ready in a month...Messenger? I guess once we get that far, it'd be a good problem to have.

God Please, No!! We just reached .500 after the team finally rid itself of the julio virus! Id rather have Obermueller as a solid inning eater, setup guy. He's pitched very well his last two starts.

Say what you want about him but he has the right attitude, even when originally demoted.

 

I doubt what the way he acted is the way he was truly feeling. Julio always has been and always will be an arrogant "Me First" player. Also probably knew that we were the only team that would give him a chance to make it back to the show and try to pitch for a big contract, since Beinfest has had a mancrush on him for like 3 years, so he said the right things...but mark my words, the jerk who only cares about himself is just below the surface and never once went away.

Julio's unfinished outing in Jupiter today. I think he is still pitching.

 

2in, 5h, 4r, 3er, 1bb, 2k.

 

He greatly improve from the last time we saw him. :thumbup

Bringing Julio back now and sending a reliever down would be an insult to anyone currently in our bullpen and wouldn't be good for the team any way you slice it. The headcase is getting rocked in Jupiter and people are asking if he will be our closer again when he comes back?

 

If anything, we should be asking whether his injury is more serious than previously thought and whether the Marlins should him on the 60-day DL. Not whether he should come back as our closer or setup man.

  • Author

The score keeper guy felt bad for Julio and changed an earned run to an unearned run.

 

The game got suspended so here is his complete line... 4ip, 6h, 4r, 2er, 2bb, 4k. If he can't pitch a decent game against Jupiter then he has a problem.

At what point do they give up?

When Beinfest swallows his pride. So never.

 

Julio's unfinished outing in Jupiter today. I think he is still pitching.

 

2in, 5h, 4r, 3er, 1bb, 2k.

 

He greatly improve from the last time we saw him. :thumbup

What? In his last minor league appearance, he was much better.

If we bring Julio back...

 

 

 

Well I dont even want to think about that.

 

hey, what's tonya harding's ex-boyfriend doing these days?

 

and does he still own a baseball bat?

 

and what "w-w-w-h-y-y-y-y-y!!!!!!!!" in spanish?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.