Miggy and Dontrelle give team pep talk....

Hollyberry

In a somber clubhouse afterwards, the Marlins' two young superstars both stepped up saying the team and themselves need to do more. Willis and three-time All-Star Miguel Cabrera detected a lapse in confidence.

"We're just not showing up as a whole, offensively, defensively," Willis said. "Whatever you want to call it, we're just not showing up to play, and hopefully this is a wakeup call for us, and tomorrow we'll go out there and compete again. "I shoulder a lot of responsibility with that. I'm a very vocal guy in the clubhouse and a very positive guy. I guess I haven't done a great job of that though. Tomorrow it will change."

"I take a great deal of responsibility that I have to do a better job to just get us ready to play every day, even though I'm not playing every day," Willis said. "We're all young guys, we're learning ourselves, and it's just that time. Maybe we're a little complacent but it can change. Just like it changed now, it can change back to being positive again."

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/gameda...sp&c_id=fla

:thumbup ... great to see!

They said this last night on BB tonight talking about how you won't believe what Dtrain said about the team and that he should maybe not be talking like that cause of his 5+ ERA... I was like what? this is a good thing!

Leave it to the media to find something negative. :rolleyes:

I am glad they gave that pep talk. We need to turn things around. Go Fish!

All it takes is a pep talk or a vote of confidence to get a team going again.

Try being a Blue Jay fan like myself. We've lost our:

Ace

Closer

Lead-Off Man

Setup Guy

Starting Catcher

3rd Starting Pitcher

And one of the best 3rd Baseman in the league this year for Chunks of 5 games at a time.

But, when your President of the club gives the team a vote of confidence that's really all it takes to get the ship going.

But, when your President of the club gives the team a vote of confidence that's really all it takes to get the ship going.

Samson is better off training retarded amputees for a decathlon than giving the team any type of vote, unless he is using a show of hands to see who wants raspberry filled donuts.

I would like to see Miguel lead by example and start driving in runs, and cut back on the strikeouts. That said, he'll be fine!!

yes you are correct... that guys an ass... he's always bad mouthing the marlins at any chance he gets.

I never said that... nor did I mean to imply that! I just want to see him bust out of his slump in a big way and lead this team. I guess my prior statement came off wrong.