JJ update

Iowa

Sry if posted

Josh Johnson (elbow) expects to throw three innings and between 60 to 65 pitches Tuesday, and said he hopes to return to the Marlins in 15 days.

"It seems a lot easier as we get closer," Johnson said. "It's been tough, but you have to do it. You just can't jump back into it." Catcher Matt Treanor noticed the difference from his previous session, saying "the ball was a little more live."

Very awesome news.. we need him back asap

Counting on Nolasco or Sanchez to contribute anything at this point would be foolish.

So are you saying that Nolasco and JJ are incapable of even contributing again or just in the here and now?

Because if its the former you are the one who is foolish.

We desperately need a guy as solid as Johnson in our rotation to complement Mitre. Counting on Nolasco or Sanchez to contribute anything at this point would be foolish.

As is expecting a pitcher who has allowed 20 runs in 9 starts to continue to maintain a 2.50 ERA.

Take it slowly. He is important to us for the long term. The short term really does NOT matter what matters is next year and the year afterwards when it all comes down to it.

This year is about growth and getting healthy. Next year is the year for our full run.

Take it slowly. He is important to us for the long term. The short term really does NOT matter what matters is next year and the year afterwards when it all comes down to it.

This year is about growth and getting healthy. Next year is the year for our full run.

Have to agree we shouldn't rush him back, though I can't wait to see him back on the mound. If things keep going well, I'll split the difference between the Marlins rehab schedule and what JJ thinks about when he'll be ready and say we see him back on the mound during the June 15-17 series in Kansas City.

Obermueller has one bad start and everyone jumps on him. I realize he has marginal major league talent, but hes done an ok job for us. Having his arm in the pen for long relief will be a boost for the club, since we currently don't have a long reliever. God knows when nolasco or sanchez will be back. I think Sanchez can come back and be effective, although Kim has pitched wel, I rather have him in the pen.

Three pitchers should be back in June. Owens, JJ, Carlos Martinez. I guess three will depart. Later on two more should arrive: Nolasco, Sanchez. Who will exit then?

Others are bound to ge injured. At any rate I expect Gardner, Wes, and Messenger (judging by how sparingly he's used) to be shipped out in a perfect world.

Josh Johnson, making his way back from an elbow injury, threw 62 pitches in an extended spring training game on Tuesday.

Johnson allowed just one hit and touched 94 mph on the gun, though he averaged closer to 90 mph. He'll make the first of at least two rehab starts Sunday for Single-A Jupiter.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Sick News...