The random trivia thread

Another one for you guys...Name the only President to serve as Supreme Court Justice and another President served in Congress, both after their terms as President were finished. Who were they?

Isn't Taft and Adams, respectively?

Name the only major league baseball player to be exempted from the 5 year mandatory waiting period for the Hall of Fame.

Guest ShaqandWade323

Another one for you guys...Name the only President to serve as Supreme Court Justice and another President served in Congress, both after their terms as President were finished. Who were they?

Name the only major league baseball player to be exempted from the 5 year mandatory waiting period for the Hall of Fame.

Roberto Clemente.

Tennessee is as wide as Illinois is long. My hometown in Illinois is closer to Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Springfield(MO), Evansville, Indianapolis, Tulsa, St. Louis, Lexington, and Kansas City than it is to Chicago for example.

So it doesnt surprise me one bit.

Gehrig again, to get him in before dieing.

Only two answers I known in this thread so far are both Gherig, haha.

The easternmost tip of Tennessee is closer to Canada than it is to Memphis.

that cant be true can it?

Just look at a map of the US and try and move the state with your fingers like a compass. Obviously thats not 100% accurate but its falls short.

The edge of Ohio is technically considered Canada, so I can see it.

Guest Festa

The easternmost tip of Tennessee is closer to Canada than it is to Memphis.

that cant be true can it?

Just look at a map of the US and try and move the state with your fingers like a compass. Obviously thats not 100% accurate but its falls short.

Correct.

Looks like I was wrong with my trivia...

So I'll go with a new one.

What prehistoric mammal did Thomas Jefferson tell Louis and Clark to keep an eye out for on their voyage across the country?

Wooley Mammoth?

What is the northern most state?

What prehistoric mammal did Thomas Jefferson tell Louis and Clark to keep an eye out for on their voyage across the country?

Wooley Mammoth?

I don't know about the mammoth, but the Northernmost state is Alaska, and in the contiguous United States, it is Maine.

Correct.

Gotta be Clemente...

Edit: Didn't see the Gehrig answer above, and then realized the ambiguity of the question...

Correct.

Gotta be Clemente...

No, it was Gehrig. They waived the rule so they could induct him in before he died.

No rule was exempted for Clemente. He died before he could be elected in. Players who die prior don't have to wait 5 years to be elected in.

Wooley Mammoth?

I don't know about the mammoth, but the Northernmost state is Alaska, and in the contiguous United States, it is Maine.

Its not maine

Wooley Mammoth?

Close. Mastodon.

To quote Chuck Klosterman:

Thomas Jefferson is history's coolest president because of the advice he gave Meriwether Lewis and William Clark before they explored the northwest Territory in 1804. One of the many things that Jefferson warned Lewis and Clark about was mastodons. "You dudes need to watch out for potential mastodon herds," he told them (I'm paraphrasing). "If you see any mastodons, make sure you tell me about them, because I need to know."

http://www.strangescience.net/jefferson.htm:

When he authorized the Lewis and Clark expedition, he hoped the travelers would find mastodons still living in America's newly acquired territory. (The explorers never found a live mastodon, but they did send him a live prairie dog.)