Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlin transactions

Featured Replies

ROSTER MOVES:

RHP Henry Owens placed on the 15-day DL (retro June 9) with right shoulder

inflammation.

RHP Lee Gardner recalled from Albuquerque (AAA).

LHP Chris Seddon claimed off waivers from Tampa Bay, and optioned to

Carolina (AA).

Other than being a lefty, he was pitching for the D-Rays in AA. Last season he was at Durham.

His record this year is 3-4 with a 4.94 ERA in 12 starts. Last year in Durham he was 9-9 in 28 starts.

Speaking of transactions, I didn't see this anywhere else on the board, but the Marlins signed C Angel (Sandy) Martinez to a minor-league contract and he's playing at Albuquerque. He played some games with the Marlins a few years back.

this seddon kid actually may have something...hes also pretty young...o and eventually we did sign jimmy serrano after he failed his physical.....hope to get carlos josh and mikey back really soon and henry...and de aza and cody hahahah

I saw Seddon pitch in a game in Durham last year but I don't remember anything about it, nor do I still have the scorecard. FWIW I think Durham won the game :p

Seddon is a stiff. I saw him in Spring Training with the D-Rays and if he ever pitches for the Marlins they are in trouble.

If this guy was anything at all he wouldn't have been in double A with one of the worst pitching teams in the majors. You've got a problem if you're best setup man is Josh Wilson.

I don't pretend to know anything (as in zero, zip, nada none) about Chris Seddon but I suppose he has two things going for him if nothing else.

 

He's 23 and a lefty. There is no downside to taking a look in the minors. Maybe he's just fodder, maybe some scout thinks the Mudcats' pitching coach can do something with him.

  • Author

I don't wanna see Gardner in anything other than a mop-up role.

Too bad no one listened to you. After he pitched last night it became mop up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.