Post Game thoughts... (June 15th)

Hollyberry

Well....

• Mitre did a decent job tonight. He just had some back luck (groundballs finding holes).
  • Offense was on vacation again tonight. Hopefully they will be back tomorrow.
  • Olivo with a good game. 3 hits. It's sad when Olivo has our only 2 RBI's of the night.
  • Pinto looked good. 2k's in the 8th.
  • Defense killed us again... Hanley (gotta love how he tries to make 10 outs on one play), Miggy alittle shakey again.
  • 10 runs in 4 games... not going to do it.
  • Hopefully Vanden Hunk will have everything working tomorrow and give us a good game.
  • Oh.. I'll add something... Brett Carroll is batting about .300 (.298). He has 3 hits tonight and hungry for more.. I wonder if we could swap him with Reggie. I am sick of Reggie and Borchard.

You forgot something.

since we know what you are waiting for

I for one had no problem walking Teahen to get to Sweeney. He ain't the hitter he once was, he is slow and we had a groundball pitcher on the mound. We got the groundball, it just happened to find a hole.

You forgot something.

since we know what you are waiting for

I for one had no problem walking Teahen to get to Sweeney. He ain't the hitter he once was, he is slow and we had a groundball pitcher on the mound. We got the groundball, it just happened to find a hole.

So Sweeney's placement had nothing to do with it, right? You give Fredi too much credit. Is he the hitter he once was? No. But the guy can still rake in runs and his power hasn't left him.

Won't win many games when you score 1 run thru 8 innings.

Really no one to blame tonight. Mitre pitched real well thru 5 innings and then gave up some hits.

It happens.

The offense masked some big holes on this team early on but it hasnt been bailing us out lately.

Teahen is quite possibly(if not probably) the best hitter in the Royals lineup.

Had 2 triples just last night for example and has been crushing the ball for a while now.

Sweeny isnt the same as he used to be. You have to take that chance.

Had 2 triples just last night for example and has been crushing the ball for a while now.

Teahan is a career .324 hitter with RISP. Sweeney is a .329 career hitter with RISP and a career .393 hitter with the bases chucked. I agree with you that Sweeney has lost a step or two since, say, two years ago, but like I've said numerous times, you simply cannot load the bases for a power hitter.

Teahan is a career .324 hitter with RISP. Sweeney is a .329 career hitter with RISP and a career .393 hitter with the bases chucked. I agree with you that Sweeney has lost a step or two since, say, two years ago, but like I've said numerous times, you simply cannot load the bases for a power hitter.

Sweeney isn't that guy anymore

Sweeney isn't that guy anymore

He can still hit. And he can still hit in clutch situations.

When you do it to take the bat out of the opposing teams best hitters hands you do.

You can't completely discount Sweeney's pretty good years just because he was mediocre in 200 ABs last year.

Fair enough. I wont discount Sweeney, if you admit that pitching around the Royals best hitter isnt such a bad idea.

When you do it to take the bat out of the opposing teams best hitters hands you do.

You can't completely discount Sweeney's pretty good years just because he was mediocre in 200 ABs last year.

Fair enough. I wont discount Sweeney, if you admit that pitching around the Royals best hitter isnt such a bad idea.

Pitching around Teahan isn't a bad idea if almost anyone else on their roster other than Sweeney is hitting behind him.

We suck.

Who cares if we pitched to Sweeney or Teahen?

Do you want it to get past Boone instead of Miggy?

We weren't winning tonight, and here's a bold prediction, we're probably not going to win tomorrow, so save some angst and just expect Vanden Hurk to get run through the ringer by a pretty good offense. There'll be plenty of good opportunities to second guess Fredi on games we should win.

A ground ball pitcher pitching to the best batter in the lineup with runners on second and third, with a fast runner on third...meaning you'd have to play the infield in (creating more holes) and even if you can field the ball, it's not a guarentee to get the guy at home since he has speed

Or set up what would be an easy double play that would end the inning if the ground ball doesn't find the whole by pitching to a slow ass guy who has a .723 OPS on the year with a ground ball pitcher on the mound.

And since you like to quote RISP, Mark Teahen OPS is nearly .230 points higher then Sweeney's with RISP this year, in only a 4 AB difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.