Our lineup.

KingFishSupreme

Why do we get guys on base and fail to score so often? Let's see.....

1.) Hanley Ramirez- gets on base and is a good hitter.

2.) Dan Uggla- gets on base pretty well, good hitter, great power.

3.) Miguel Cabrera- gets on base, is an excellent hitter, great power.

4.) Mike Jacobs- gets lucky and runs into one every once in a while.

5.) Josh Willingham- can take a walk, average hitter.

6.) Jeremy Hermida- can walk, but an automatic out otherwise.

7.) Miguel Olivo- sucks. Automatic out.

8.) Alfredo Amezaga- Cabrera's boyfiend gets cheap hits, but is an automatic out otherwise.

9.) Pitcher- automatic out.

Our 1-3 hitters are productive, and get on base well... after them, our 4 and 5 hitters fail to get them in most of the time. And 6 through 9 are gifts from us to the other team's pitcher. we have three guys we can depend on in that lineup, and they usually aren't all going to have great nights all at once.

The way the lineup is constructed is retarded. Hermida has not shown the ability to hit for s*it, but has shown that he can walk a little. He isn't very fast, but batting him leadoff would at least allow him to contribute in the one way he possibly can. Amezaga handles the bat well, but has no power at all. I would bat him second so as to give Hermida a chance to be moved over for Cabrera, who I would bat third. Hanley would be a good fourth hitter as he can hit for power and average. Uggla batting behind Hanley as a 5th hitter would be fine since he could come up with more runners on base than he would as the second hitter. jacobs doesn't offer much protection for Uggla, but since I don't believe in "protection" in the lineup much (a good hitter is a good hitter) than that doesn't matter, so I'd bat Jacobs 6th. Willingham can hit 7th with Olivo behind him. And that is that. I don't think that is a powerhouse of a lineup, but it seems to make more sense than the one we roll out there every night that leaves tons of runners stranded and many expletives uttered.

1.) hermida

2.) amezaga

3.) Cabrera

4.) Hanley

5.) Uggla

6.) jacobs

7.) Willingham

8.) olivo

9.) automatic out.

Don't see how you can argue with that. Some of you with man-crushes on Josh Willingham might want him to bat higher in the order, and if that is the case, he and Jacobs are interchangeable. :thumbup

8.) Alfredo Amezaga- Cabrera's boyfiend gets cheap hits, but is an automatic out otherwise.

Our 1-3 hitters are productive, and get on base well... after them, our 4 and 5 hitters fail to get them in most of the time. And 6 through 9 are gifts from us to the other team's pitcher. we have three guys we can depend on in that lineup, and they usually aren't all going to have great nights all at once.

The way the lineup is constructed is retarded. Hermida has not shown the ability to hit for s*it, but has shown that he can walk a little. He isn't very fast, but batting him leadoff would at least allow him to contribute in the one way he possibly can. Amezaga handles the bat well, but has no power at all. I would bat him second so as to give Hermida a chance to be moved over for Cabrera, who I would bat third. Hanley would be a good fourth hitter as he can hit for power and average. Uggla batting behind Hanley as a 5th hitter would be fine since he could come up with more runners on base than he would as the second hitter. jacobs doesn't offer much protection for Uggla, but since I don't believe in "protection" in the lineup much (a good hitter is a good hitter) than that doesn't matter, so I'd bat Jacobs 6th. Willingham can hit 7th with Olivo behind him. And that is that. I don't think that is a powerhouse of a lineup, but it seems to make more sense than the one we roll out there every night that leaves tons of runners stranded and many expletives uttered.

1.) hermida

2.) amezaga

3.) Cabrera

4.) Hanley

5.) Uggla

6.) jacobs

7.) Willingham

8.) olivo

9.) automatic out.

Don't see how you can argue with that. Some of you with man-crushes on Josh Willingham might want him to bat higher in the order, and if that is the case, he and Jacobs are interchangeable. :thumbup

Willingham has a lot of on base potential. And he hits for power. But lets bat him 7th. Good one.

Everyone should be aware of how jealous Ramp is of my baseball knowledge. Anyone who disagrees with me is just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. It must be hard for some of you to see such great ideas coming from people like me when you NEVER have any good ones of your own. You call me a joker, Ramp, yet I have never seen a good post from you that has anything of any signifigance to say. I am such a genius, and you are not. I am a joker? That is a risable statement made by a baseball fool. :lol

Everyone should be aware of how jealous Ramp is of my baseball knowledge. Anyone who disagrees with me is just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. It must be hard for some of you to see such great ideas coming from people like me when you NEVER have any good ones of your own. You call me a joker, Ramp, yet I have never seen a good post from you that has anything of any signifigance to say. I am such a genius, and you are not. I am a joker? That is a risable statement made by a baseball fool. :lol

:ban

Pitcher is an automatic out, huh? Interesting logic seeing as how Olsen is hitting .276.

Wow. :lol

Instead of trying to call out a very well respected member of this message board, why don't you take it to a PM to avoid absolute ridicule from the rest of the board.

1.) hermida

2.) amezaga

3.) Cabrera

4.) Hanley

5.) Uggla

6.) jacobs

7.) Willingham

8.) olivo

9.) automatic out.

lol 4-8 did better then the usual good hitters tonight and we won

Nobody is jealous of your baseball knowledge when you display absolutely none to begin with.