Jason Vargas not doing too well tonight

furcalchick

Guest Festa

We'll stick with Lindstrom & Owens, thank you.

You know, that Dodger game really was the end of his career.

Shame.

refresh my memory, did something happen in that game or he just got lit up?

CG, but he was never really the same after that. Looked gassed for the rest of the season. His sh*tty stuff sure didn't help but still...

Shame.

It was a day game against LA, the bullpen was tired and Vargas had a shutout going, McKeon ran him out there after he was over 100 (110?) pitches and he started getting hit. Velocity dipped and he just was never the same after that.

Guest Fritz

Shame.

It was a day game against LA, the bullpen was tired and Vargas had a shutout going, McKeon ran him out there after he was over 100 (110?) pitches and he started getting hit. Velocity dipped and he just was never the same after that.

There's a chapter in Baseball Between the Numbers about catastrophic outings. It's a real shame what happened to him, but his stuff was average at best. Guy was playing so far over his head when he first debuted.

Shame.

There's a chapter in Baseball Between the Numbers about catastrophic outings. It's a real shame what happened to him, but his stuff was average at best. Guy was playing so far over his head when he first debuted.

I mean, he was a second round pick and he did lose 3-4 MPH off his velocity after that game.

I don't think he was average when he came in, but he certainly was average or below last year.

Guest ShaqandWade323

I got his autograph before last season and "Good luck with your season" and he looked dead into my eyes and said, "I suck".

True story.

Shame.

I mean, he was a second round pick and he did lose 3-4 MPH off his velocity after that game.

I don't think he was average when he came in, but he certainly was average or below last year.

His fastball has never been the same again

Shame.

Why the hell would you trot Vargas out when he's over even 90 pitches let alone 100? Stupid.

Guest Guest

Shame.

He was closer to 120 than 110 if I remember right.

Yep, just looked it up, 117 pitches that game.

Up to and including the Dodger game, Vargas was 4-1 with a 2.43 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and .179/.281/.254 line against hitters.

After the Dodger game, he was 1-4 with a 5.65 ERA, 1.71 WHIP, and .311/.375/.503 line against hitters.

That game absolutely destroyed poor Jason. Granted, I am inclined to think that Jason's potential is(or was) somewhere between that amazing 1st stretch and awful 2nd stretch, but he had the ability to be a better than average starter at this level. Not sure if he will ever make it back to that.

Guest Festa

I got his autograph before last season and "Good luck with your season" and he looked dead into my eyes and said, "I suck".

True story.

Whoah, that would have surprised me. lol

:crying

Guest ShaqandWade323

I should really have put (just joking) next to my sentence, my bad to people who believed my story. I did get his auto though and the only thing he said was "Thanks".