4 Man Rotation: Should the Fish do it?

CapeFish

Guest Festa

Maybe if our pitchers pitched more innings on less rest, they would do better....stay looser and maybe keep more precise on the mound.

Generation K spits at you Cape! Spits at you!

Why? So we can lose faster?

Change it up a bit, that's why. How can we lose faster? Time doesn't go faster because of a pitching rotation.

Well, since they can't go 7 innings on regular rest, I'd assume short rest means we're competitively eliminated from every game by the 4th inning.

Well, since they can't go 7 innings on regular rest, I'd assume short rest means we're competitively eliminated from every game by the 4th inning.

What if the shorter rest had them looser and they built the resistance to go further?

Or how about it results in 3 torn labrums?

Guest Fritz

I think it'd be a good idea, but pitch counts have to be strictly monitored. The whole theory is that you're taking your worst pitcher out of the equation and giving your best pitcher more starts. I definitely think it's worth a shot.

Isn't the whole idea of pitching Johnson every five days to get him back to form ASAP? His pitches looked much better and (while not the result) he seemed more confident last game.

One would only go to a four man rotation (as described) if Johnson was out of the picture which I would think is not something people here want to see.

Guest Guest

None of our starters are pitching worth a crap right now.

No reason to make it worse.

Huh?

Have you watched Mitre and Willis last few starts?

Mitre has given up 5+ ER in 2 of his last 4 starts.