Marlins Fans - I have some questions

vincanity

Hey guys, I'm a Marlins fan and I'm new to this forum. I really like the foundation of this team. Anyway, I do have some questions that I hope some of you are able to answer.

1. How valuable is Willingham? Would you trade him to the Indians for Franklin Gutierrez in order to fill the cf spot?

2. Would you consider moving Miggy to 1b?

3. Would you trade for Edwin Encarnacion of the Reds? If so, what would you offer?

4. Do you prefer keeping or trading Dontrelle? If you prefer to trade him, name a package from a team that you would like to recieve in return(realistically from teams that are truly interested)

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm a Marlins fan and I'm new to this forum. I really like the foundation of this team. Anyway, I do have some questions that I hope some of you are able to answer.

1. How valuable is Willingham? Would you trade him to the Indians for Franklin Gutierrez in order to fill the cf spot?

3. Would you trade for Edwin Encarnacion of the Reds? If so, what would you offer?

4. Do you prefer keeping or trading Dontrelle? If you prefer to trade him, name a package from a team that you would like to recieve in return(realistically from teams that are truly interested)

Thanks in advance.

1) Very valuable. Guy can rake. No.

2) Not at this stage in his career.

3) Umm, absolutely not.

4) Keep him. Attendance sucks enough as is; you can't trade away the energetic, fun-loving player who has expressed interest in staying here.

Thanks in advance.

1. Willingham is valuable because he can play lf/1b (not great in lf but certainly adequately). He makes next to nothing salary wise too. He is a solid bat that can hit anywhere from 2-7 in the order. I wouldn't trade him for Gutierrez, but I certainly would move Mike Jacobs if that was the case.

2. Not at this time. And not only that but Cabs wouldn't be interested in moving either.

3. If Edwin is willing to play 1B, he is certainly an interesting guy to look at. Narron/Krivsky botched that whole situation. Considering we don't need a 1B, I wouldn't offer any of our upper tier arms, even though he is probably worht that.

4. If we can get a Jones/Clement duo, or Milledge/Pelfrey duo or something like that, I'm all for moving him. Depending on what the offer is would obviously change my opinion on everything.

Thanks in advance.

1. He is valuable, but not as valuable as some believe. I would consider trading him for the right CF, but Gutierrez is not that guy. Finding a young LF who can hit in the .850 OPS range and play average defense it a lot easier than finding a young CF who can hit in the .800 range and play good defense(which is what I would look for).

2. No. Miggy's defense is underrated. He just needs to lose some weight which he will.

3. Yes. I would offer a pitching prospect not named Vanden Hurk, Tucker, Thompson, Volstad or West.

4. I prefer trading Dontrelle or getting a new pitching coach for 2008. I want a package that includes a top flight CF.

I'd be more interested in an Alex Rios for CF. I had a dream last night and it involved Alex Rios in Dolphin Stadium.

Wasn't the Jays asking for Olsen last year for him or an I totally off base?

Yea... we missed the boat on that one

I'd be more interested in an Alex Rios for CF. I had a dream last night and it involved Alex Rios in Dolphin Stadium.

Wasn't the Jays asking for Olsen last year for him or an I totally off base?

Yea... we missed the boat on that one

Man that would have looked nice right about now. AJ and Scotty would get along well in Toronto. Looking back, we missed the boat on alot of potential great deals.

So is Young+pitching prospect for Willis realistic?

I think they could get more elsewhere, or I'd rather them look elsewhere first but I think something like Owings, Young, Nippert gets it done.

Atleast that is something they should be asking for.

So is Young+pitching prospect for Willis realistic?

I think they could get more elsewhere, or I'd rather them look elsewhere first but I think something like Owings, Young, Nippert gets it done.

Atleast that is something they should be asking for.

hey ramp how much has quentin's value dropped with him being less then stellar so far (.649)?

Would they perhaps move him or no because his value is down in the same fashion we wouldnt move hermida since his value is down?

Would they perhaps move him or no because his value is down in the same fashion we wouldnt move hermida since his value is down?

They have no reason too. Still would be interested in Young, Montero, and Arm for Dontrelle though. Don't really see how that's in the DBacks best interest right now however.

Also whats up with Chris Young's BB rate? Disappeared.

1. I would deal Willingham, and I think his value is pretty highly overstated. He's a corner OF and they are just so many guys who can fill that role in the league, compared to a quality defensive CF with an above average bat and OBP potential. Not Gutierrez, but there are some options I would look at.

2. Miggy's fine at 3B. It's rare to find a bat that good that can play 3B.

3. Edwin does intrigue me, but not enough for anyone of too much value.

4. Yes. I would trade Dontrelle. It would have to be for young studs though...

I like these scenarios...

1. Jones / Clement from Seattle

2. Young / Vasquez from Arizona

3. Buchholz / Ellsbury from Boston

4. Pelfrey / F. Martinez from NYM

5. Pie / Veal from CHC

6. Sweeney / Gonzalez CHW

7. Maybin / Skelton / Vasquez (or if they don't give up Maybin, because they probably never will... we take Miller)

5. Pie / Veal from CHC

7. Maybin / Skelton / Vasquez (or if they don't give up Maybin, because they probably never will... we take Miller)

I realize you are just thinking aloud, but you know better than to even mention some of those names. The Red Sox, and I could be absolutely wrong on this wouldn't move Ellsbury, let alone Buchholz too for Willis.

Fernando Martinez is just as untouchable is Miguel Cabrera is.

The Cubs love Felix Pie and have no reason to move him.

Sweeney/Gonzalez would be interesting but the White Sox have no clue which direction they are going right now anyway.

No point even mentioning Maybin's name. Same goes for Andrew Miller.

Thanks in advance.

1.) Very, he seems to hit well with runners on and he has a decent arm in left. He is a quick learner and seems to have gotten used to LF.

2.) Just because first is the easiest of the positions to learn doesn't mean it's easy to begin with. Besides, it's easier to find a first basemen then a third.

3.) No, he isn't a bad player but we don't need a third basement, plus we took a third basemen early in the draft which means the organization probably has high hopes for him.

4.) While it's getting harder and harder to say no, I feel Dontrelle's first half performances have been the result of constant trade talks that never leave. Don't forget, his numbers were MUCH better last year AFTER the trade deadline. When we get a stadium deal done and lock him up, he should be a critical peice to restoring the fanbase.

I realize you are just thinking aloud, but you know better than to even mention some of those names. The Red Sox, and I could be absolutely wrong on this wouldn't move Ellsbury, let alone Buchholz too for Willis.

I heard from some Red Soxs fans that "supposedly" Ellsbury was called up before to show off as trade bait (Which was than followed by the fans bitching if he gets traded, since he's their future and they are fine on pitching).

Ofcoarse this is just "supposedly" and hearsay...which never holds much ground. Just sayin' though.

Hypothetically speaking, since it wouldn't happen anyway, if a deal happened with Boston I'd rather have Kottoras or w/e that catcher's name is popped in and getting a low-tier pitching prospect instead. Kottoras is deffinatly no Clement or Salty but he atleast looks like he has a future.

5. Pie / Veal from CHC

Fernando Martinez is just as untouchable is Miguel Cabrera is.

The Cubs love Felix Pie and have no reason to move him.

Sweeney/Gonzalez would be interesting but the White Sox have no clue which direction they are going right now anyway.

No point even mentioning Maybin's name. Same goes for Andrew Miller.

I'm kind of basing this on Dontrelle's highest value... which I know he no longer obtains, but still... a pitcher with his youth and winning record is almost always going to be overpaid. Yes, he would probably take more value in FA than in a trade scenario, but his value will be overrun, I have no doubt.

The only 2 scenarios I think impossible would be with the Tigers and Boston. The Cubs will always move prospect for professional, and I know they love Pie, but I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility. We would probably have to throw in something else as well, but still...

Yeah the Mets are high on Martinez, but they have such a wealth with this type of player, I would take any of them, and I think the Mets would give one up (Gomez, Milledge, or Martinez) as El Duque is always hurt and Glavine is close to finished

He's progressed very inconsistently, he has had fantastic years and some rough ones... but he has always faired well against Big League opposition. He's done well in his 50 ABs or so in the MLB, and has always performed well in Spring Training, but the Tigers are progressively down on him (he's been with them since he was drafted), and he is running out of opportunity there as other spectacular OFs will be taking his role.

He might be an opportunity where we wouldn't have to sacrifice much... depends what the Tigers want of course, but I would send over one of our young arms for him, as long as he is not named Thompson, Volstad, West, or Sinkbeil. I would send Tucker, Delgado, Mildren, or use a guy who has had a fluke fantastic year like Lee Mitchell.