Who's harder to beat?

JetsMania

I know this will be subjective, but what would be harder to do?

Beat Roger Federer in a tennis match

Beat Wladimir Klitschko in a boxing match

Beat Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France

Beat Tiger Woods in 18 holes of golf

Beat Jeff Gordon at Daytona

Beat Joey Chestnut in a hot dog eating contest

Beat Garry Kasparov in chess

Beat Walter Ray Williams in bowling

Beat Payton Manning in an accuracy contest at the pro bowl

I think beating Roger Federer would be the toughest. I know for a fact I wouldnt even be able to get a point from him, unless he double faulted.

Actually, I think the chess one would be one of the toughest. You would be making your move and the guy would be thinking 10 moves ahead of you. In all the others, the weather or injury can play a factor. Those dont happen in chess.

You know I didn't even see chess on there at first. I take my vote back and say chess.

Gotta go with Lance Armstrong. The Tour de France is the longest event, the other ones you might have a chance to get lucky and score a few points, and at least finish. But the Tour De France? I don't think any of us could ride a bike for three weeks and thousands of miles.

I thought about picking that, but there are too many factors. Armstrongs bike could break, he could get a flat tire, crash, hit by a car, etc... However actually finishing the event would be the toughest.

The boxing one would be tough, but there is a chance that I somehow get a lucky punch.

I narrowed it down to chess and tennis. Then I realized that in the tennis match I would need to get lucky basically every point to win.

The thing is, on all the other ones, there's something to bail you out. Federer could get a cramp, one lucky punch could end the boxing match, the hotdog guy could choke and so on and so on.

With the Tour, there's no way any of us could ever finish it. When the event beats you, as well as your competition, that's it.

The thing is, on all the other ones, there's something to bail you out. Federer could get a cramp, one lucky punch could end the boxing match, the hotdog guy could choke and so on and so on.

With the Tour, there's no way any of us could ever finish it. When the event beats you, as well as your competition, that's it.

Yes, but you have to figure more can go wrong in the tour de france for lance armstrong than for any of the other events.

He could cramp up, pop a tire, fall of a cliff, get hit by a car, slip in the rain, etc...

Federer could get a cramp and probably still ace most people. The reason I picked tennis is even if you get two lucky back to back points, its still only 30-0 in 1 game. If you somehow get the remaining two points its only 1-0 in the set, best of 5 sets. So you would need to get lucky about 80 times. In some of the others, you would only need to get lucky once to win.

Joey Chestnut would be in my top three. You figure there is only one other person in the world who even comes close to him. I believe he ate 18 hot dogs in the first 2 minutes. I think if you sat most of us down in an untimed event, we would have trouble eating 18. Then multiply that by 3 and you have his total.

The chess event was #2 on my list. There really arent any outside factors or sports injuries that can happen in this senario. Kasparav is the same guy who beat the computer (that knew every move) in chess.

Yes, but you have to figure more can go wrong in the tour de france for lance armstrong than for any of the other events.

He could cramp up, pop a tire, fall of a cliff, get hit by a car, slip in the rain, etc...

Federer could get a cramp and probably still ace most people. The reason I picked tennis is even if you get two lucky back to back points, its still only 30-0 in 1 game. If you somehow get the remaining two points its only 1-0 in the set, best of 5 sets. So you would need to get lucky about 80 times. In some of the others, you would only need to get lucky once to win.

Joey Chestnut would be in my top three. You figure there is only one other person in the world who even comes close to him. I believe he ate 18 hot dogs in the first 2 minutes. I think if you sat most of us down in an untimed event, we would have trouble eating 18. Then multiply that by 3 and you have his total.

The chess event was #2 on my list. There really arent any outside factors or sports injuries that can happen in this senario. Kasparav is the same guy who beat the computer (that knew every move) in chess.

Right, but who's to say that wouldn't happen to you either. I think winning any of these contests would be near impossible, but the tour is the only venue that fights back.

Kasparav may suffer a stroke. Then you can school his vegetable ass.