Bobby Petrino Quits as Falcons Coach

El Guapo

Guest Night Phantom

That job is completely different from what he signed up for. I feel bad for him, to be honest. He made the wrong call and now he gets a chance to at least go back to where he's comfortable.

I'm pumped to see how his system works with Arkansas and the OMGSEC

he had no chance with Vick out

Thats true as well.

When he took the job, the falcons were 7-9 and looked to be in decent shape. All of a sudden their best player gets arrested, the team is terrible and the franchise looks like a circus. In the nfl there is no guarantee you will be there the coach the following year. NCAA give coaches some job security. I dont blame him one bit.

he had no chance with Vick out

They wouldnt of been good with Vick either. And hes not good enough(especially as a passer...one of the worst in football) to take a mediocre team and put them on his back.

Granted the South is awful this year...

1. Michael Vick was not one of the worse* passers in footballs.

2. He can't take a mediocre team and put them on his back? He has already done it twice. Once in college, once in the pros.

Guest CrimsonCane

They should called that "pulling a Saban".

At least Saban waited a year. Petrino is a total p***y, and Arkansas would be stupid to sign him.

I laughed.

I love how people can divorce football so much from parallel situations they may run into in their own personal lives.

Imagine taking a job with a company to head a department that's been recently underperforming. You feel confident things can get better over time and feel like the time was right for you to move to this company to accept a more challenging/well paid position. Shortly after you arrive, the department's best employee (whom you expected to aid your transition and be your right-hand man) ups and leaves and the companies overall performance declines forcing upper management to demand results from you faster than you expected. Also, failure to meet these expectations can lead to your immediate termination at the leisure of the company.

After one of the most drama and stress filled years of your life, you get an offer from another company saying that they're not going to hold this crazy year against you and they have enough faith in your past performance to give you a similar job. It pays slightly less, but there are fewer headaches, lower expectations, better starting resources, and you're more comfortable working in this company's industry than your previous employer's. The new job allows you to spend more time with your kids and exercise your creativity with original managerial strategies that simply didn't fit in with the structure of the last company.

If I was in that situation, I'd say, "I didn't sign up for this mess. I'm taking the other job. Here's my 2 weeks notice. Thanks for the opportunity."

They should called that "pulling a Saban".

At least Saban waited a year. Petrino is a total p***y, and Arkansas would be stupid to sign him.

I'm starting to believe that you don't watch college football at all.

Oh, I know what he did at Louisville. Just that how he left Atlanta shows an incredible lack of character. He could have stayed for the rest of the year at least.

I'm sure somebody would have taken him. Michigan perhaps?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.