Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your faith?

Featured Replies

Just wondering. No need to get into spats.

 

Feel free to post (if you're proud of your faith, I suppose).

 

Oh, and be serious. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself, you don't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I know only 7 people have voted so far, but it still surprises me that a faith which encompasses 15 million of the world's population resides so heavily among the active users here. Kind of fascinating, actually.

I know only 7 people have voted so far, but it still surprises me that a faith which encompasses 15 million of the world's population resides so heavily among the active users here. Kind of fascinating, actually.

 

 

 

its fascinated me for 5 years here.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

Also has a much higher population of Roman Catholics than the rest of the country

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

Also has a much higher population of Roman Catholics than the rest of the country

 

 

what is the percentage?

 

 

has to be about as high as south texas.

I'm a Christian. My denomination would be Independent Fundamental Baptist.

I've had my doubts at times, but I've always come through them with stronger faith than before.

I know only 7 people have voted so far, but it still surprises me that a faith which encompasses 15 million of the world's population resides so heavily among the active users here. Kind of fascinating, actually.

 

 

 

its fascinated me for 5 years here.

 

Well about 11 million out of 14-15 million live in Israel (5.4 mil) and the US (5.3). Its not that suprising that there is a large population on a US based website. Factor in that south florida has a large poplution and you see why there are so many on mb. If this were a Real Madrid website there would most likely not be many.

 

 

I wonder what things will look like after 50-60 people have voted?

For the record, I consider myself an atheist, but I've been called a nihilist.

 

Mostly, I just think it's not something we should worry about in our time on earth.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

Also has a much higher population of Roman Catholics than the rest of the countrywhat is the percentage?

 

 

has to be about as high as south texas.Not sure about South Florida in particular, but Florida the state is 26% Catholic with the majority of that residing in the south.

Maybe the majority of Christians are just now waking up after celebrating Christmas last night, while the Jews are up bright and early to vote in your poll.

 

I'm Christian, btw. My vote is in.

Maybe the majority of Christians are just now waking up after celebrating Christmas last night

I wish :confused

Maybe the majority of Christians are just now waking up after celebrating Christmas last night, while the Jews are up bright and early to vote in your poll.

 

I'm Christian, btw. My vote is in.

 

To be fair, I woke up bright and early to go to work, which directly led to me voting in the poll before you.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

Also has a much higher population of Roman Catholics than the rest of the countrywhat is the percentage?

 

 

has to be about as high as south texas.Not sure about South Florida in particular, but Florida the state is 26% Catholic with the majority of that residing in the south.

 

 

 

i did some looking and the counties with the highest % of catholics makes me laugh with it basically being all of south texas littered in the top 20. :lol

I consider myself an agnostic. A few years back I tried to get into praying and somewhat into christianity but it didn't feel right to just do it because it might be the right thing to do. So for right now I'm just sticking with a broad view and if it's meant to happen, it'll come to me instead of forcing it.

I grew up Catholic. Went to church twice a week. Went to catholic school. Worked at my church for 3 years, but over the past two years I've found my belief in God fading very quickly and I don't go to church anymroe. So I'm not really sure what category I'd fall into right now. Agnostic I guess.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

 

 

still not in accordance with the demographics of south florida.

Perhaps not, but growing up, I knew a lot more jews in my area than christians. It was actually weird going to college and having virtually no one there being jewish.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

 

 

still not in accordance with the demographics of south florida.

Perhaps not, but growing up, I knew a lot more jews in my area than christians. It was actually weird going to college and having virtually no one there being jewish.

 

Weird, I grew up in Boca and am Jewish myself and although the area obviously had more Jewish people than most or all other areas, I certainly didnt know more Jewish people in my area than Christians, because there werent more. Also, all the Jewish people from Boca went to UF.

Mostly, I just think it's not something we should worry about in our time on earth.

 

Ding ding ding....I'm jewish but not religious at all and truly wonder at times why i believe what i do.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

 

 

still not in accordance with the demographics of south florida.

Perhaps not, but growing up, I knew a lot more jews in my area than christians. It was actually weird going to college and having virtually no one there being jewish.

 

Weird, I grew up in Boca and am Jewish myself and although the area obviously had more Jewish people than most or all other areas, I certainly didnt know more Jewish people in my area than Christians, because there werent more. Also, all the Jewish people from Boca went to UF.

I think it's the fact that the honor courses and such were about 80% jewish when I went through grade school.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

 

 

still not in accordance with the demographics of south florida.

Perhaps not, but growing up, I knew a lot more jews in my area than christians. It was actually weird going to college and having virtually no one there being jewish.

 

Weird, I grew up in Boca and am Jewish myself and although the area obviously had more Jewish people than most or all other areas, I certainly didnt know more Jewish people in my area than Christians, because there werent more. Also, all the Jewish people from Boca went to UF.

I think it's the fact that the honor courses and such were about 80% jewish when I went through grade school.

 

Hehe, yes.

South Florida has a higher population of Jewish people than most of the rest of the country.

 

 

still not in accordance with the demographics of south florida.

Perhaps not, but growing up, I knew a lot more jews in my area than christians. It was actually weird going to college and having virtually no one there being jewish.

 

Weird, I grew up in Boca and am Jewish myself and although the area obviously had more Jewish people than most or all other areas, I certainly didnt know more Jewish people in my area than Christians, because there werent more. Also, all the Jewish people from Boca went to UF.

...or Indiana :whistle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.