Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A few questions about visiting Miami for a series

Featured Replies

Hello,

I am a Cubs fan planning on making the trip to Miami in August and have a few questions. I just purchased tickets for the series on the 15, 16, and 17th. I was able to get the same seats for all three games in Section 153 Row 7. How close will these be to the Visitors Dugout and the field? I am also looking for a hotel. Does anyone know what hotel the Cubs or Marlins visitors stay at? I have seen that the El Palacio Sports Hotel is the closest, but I am unsure if I want to stay there with the reviews I have read. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

 

Thank You,

Matt

 

Admins - If this is posted in the wrong section I apologize and feel free to move.

Your seats will be pretty close to the visitors dugout.

 

Not right above it, but more towards the on-deck circle.

 

Don't know much about any hotels nearby or anything...

 

 

The Stadium is a dump...don't be expecting much of an atmosphere, just be glad you're getting to see your cubs.

 

Oh btw, expect there to be more Cubs fans than Marlins fans.

 

It'll be like Wrigley version 2.0

Your seats will be pretty close to the visitors dugout.

 

Not right above it, but more towards the on-deck circle.

 

Don't know much about any hotels nearby or anything...

 

 

The Stadium is a dump...don't be expecting much of an atmosphere, just be glad you're getting to see your cubs.

 

Oh btw, expect there to be more Cubs fans than Marlins fans.

 

It'll be like Wrigley version 2.0

The stadium is not a dump. It is just that it is a football stadium and compared to Wrigley, it has great amenities, but not the same atmosphere.

 

Do not stay at the El Palacio. Depends on your budget, if you want to sightsee, stay on the ocean etc. You can stay on the ocean without the price of S. Beach, just look up hotels in Sunny Isles and be sure of the address (Collins Ave A1A) to avoid being tricked to thinking you are on the ocean, rather than the intercoastal. If you don't want that, a good choice, right near the Aventura Mall, which is about the nicest mall in the terms of stores almost anywhere, would be the Courtside Marriott. From there it is a short drive west to the stadium, about8 or nine miles, easy to get to, easy to get back. Here is a link:http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miaav-courtyard-miami-aventura-mall/

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

 

good luck, you'll be outnumbered.

The Stadium is a dump...don't be expecting much of an atmosphere, just be glad you're getting to see your cubs.

 

Why would you call it a dump? The place is fine for a football stadium, just not an ideal baseball park. But it's relatively clean and accessible.

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

 

good luck, you'll be outnumbered.

Well, I went to the last series, and from my experience, Cub fans are actually very quiet.

 

Then again, get swept seems to keep em that way.

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

Made the mistake of going to watch dontrelle during his amazing rookie year of 2003 pitch against the cubs.

 

He got pulled early, and the whole time I was there I got perfect seats---just surrounded by Cubs Fans.

 

D-Train got Derailed was the funniest thing I heard and will ever hear at a baseball game.

 

Drunk Cubs fan with a mullet is the best fan.

 

I also had the luxory of getting free tickets last year (06) to watch the Dolphins play the Jaguars. Got a speeding ticket on the way there, and I was on the other side of the aisle of about 800 jaguar fans who took the trip to miami in tour busses.

 

I have miserable luck.

 

Chris

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

Made the mistake of going to watch dontrelle during his amazing rookie year of 2003 pitch against the cubs.

 

He got pulled early, and the whole time I was there I got perfect seats---just surrounded by Cubs Fans.

 

D-Train got Derailed was the funniest thing I heard and will ever hear at a baseball game.

 

Drunk Cubs fan with a mullet is the best fan.

 

I also had the luxory of getting free tickets last year (06) to watch the Dolphins play the Jaguars. Got a speeding ticket on the way there, and I was on the other side of the aisle of about 800 jaguar fans who took the trip to miami in tour busses.

 

I have miserable luck.

 

Chris

I actually used to call Dontrelle's slider the "D-railer", sticking to the Train theme and the way it would derail the hitters.

  • Author

Thanks for all the great information guys! I came across something that shows the Marlins opponents stay at the The Westin Diplomat on South Ocean Drive in Hollywood. Is this something anyone can confirm? Once again, thanks for all the great info!

Thanks for all the great information guys! I came across something that shows the Marlins opponents stay at the The Westin Diplomat on South Ocean Drive in Hollywood. Is this something anyone can confirm? Once again, thanks for all the great info!

 

The Cubs stay at a different hotel than most of the opponents. They have stayed in the Marriott Marina in Ft. Lauderdale in the past. Not sure on 2008 yet.

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

Made the mistake of going to watch dontrelle during his amazing rookie year of 2003 pitch against the cubs.

 

He got pulled early, and the whole time I was there I got perfect seats---just surrounded by Cubs Fans.

 

D-Train got Derailed was the funniest thing I heard and will ever hear at a baseball game.

 

Drunk Cubs fan with a mullet is the best fan.

 

I also had the luxory of getting free tickets last year (06) to watch the Dolphins play the Jaguars. Got a speeding ticket on the way there, and I was on the other side of the aisle of about 800 jaguar fans who took the trip to miami in tour busses.

 

I have miserable luck.

 

Chris

 

Thats funny :thumbup

The Stadium is a dump...don't be expecting much of an atmosphere, just be glad you're getting to see your cubs.

 

Why would you call it a dump? The place is fine for a football stadium, just not an ideal baseball park. But it's relatively clean and accessible.

 

I probably shouldn't have used the word dump, what I meant was it's just not a very nice place to watch a baseball game.

Thanks for all the great information guys! I came across something that shows the Marlins opponents stay at the The Westin Diplomat on South Ocean Drive in Hollywood. Is this something anyone can confirm? Once again, thanks for all the great info!

The Westin Diplomat is a good choice, and the golf course on property is nice. It says hollywood, but it is just north of hallandale beach blvd and the access to the stadium is about the same as aventura. Pretty easy to get to, about 15-20 minutes tops, plenty of restaurants on Hallandale bch blvd.

I'll be at the series as well , and I have decided no cubs fan will be allowed to cheer for their team. If they attempted to cheer me and some of the marlins goons I recruit will make sure they regret it :)

 

Made the mistake of going to watch dontrelle during his amazing rookie year of 2003 pitch against the cubs.

 

He got pulled early, and the whole time I was there I got perfect seats---just surrounded by Cubs Fans.

 

D-Train got Derailed was the funniest thing I heard and will ever hear at a baseball game.

 

Drunk Cubs fan with a mullet is the best fan.

 

I also had the luxory of getting free tickets last year (06) to watch the Dolphins play the Jaguars. Got a speeding ticket on the way there, and I was on the other side of the aisle of about 800 jaguar fans who took the trip to miami in tour busses.

 

I have miserable luck.

 

Chris

GO JAGUARS!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.