Marlins get ESPN Baseballs Front Page!

djm305

But ESPN "hates" the Marlins?? I'm so confused...they must be trying to jinx them. Bastards.

ESPN hates Florida. Never seen the Dolphins(unless its to lose all 16) Heat(unless they literally just won the champs) Panthers(unless someone almost died on the ice) or Marlins(UNLESS THEY COMPLETE THE IMPOSSIBLE!)

I am amazed how superficial their knowledge of the Marlins is, especially Orestes, but then I remember Destrade and the rest of them are either reading off a screen or have an associate producer feeding them in their ear. Talking heads are talking heads.

"All they can do is hit homeruns"..."with that pitching staff"... how about the bullpen? How about guys getting on base before the homeruns? How about some of the great D we've seen ? These things don't happen in a vacuum and either does winning six out of seven. Orestes Destrade is nothing but a token to make ESPN look politically correct (and I'm not as down on him as it sounds, but over the last year he's stopped talking about "baseball" and is now just another suit on stage. He's like a piece of furniture from Rooms to Go.

Gee, they won four straight...thanks. How about they lead the division by a game and a half and have most of the week? How about while their starting pitching has been shaky Nolasco was making his first start in almost a year, Scott Olsen and Mark Hendrickson dazzled in their last starts...etc. I'm not talking about this BBTN piece or the Marlins coverage or lack thereof, but since Harold Reynolds was banished (If the stories are true for reasons that warranted his removal) BBTN has been in this shallow death spiral into pure mediocrity. It's sad really.

No doubt the sh*t hit the fan somewhere in ESPN when Jacobs comments found their way to someone's desk. And as usual their answer is to be a superficial and mocking as they can while pretending to play it straight. Get some real baseball guys back on and in those seats and the improvement would be over night.

I am amazed how superficial their knowledge of the Marlins is, especially Orestes, but then I remember Destrade and the rest of them are either reading off a screen or have an associate producer feeding them in their ear. Talking heads are talking heads.

"All they can do is hit homeruns"..."with that pitching staff"... how about the bullpen? How about guys getting on base before the homeruns? How about some of the great D we've seen ? These things don't happen in a vacuum and either does winning six out of seven. Orestes Destrade is nothing but a token to make ESPN look politically correct (and I'm not as down on him as it sounds, but over the last year he's stopped talking about "baseball" and is now just another suit on stage. He's like a piece of furniture from Rooms to Go.

Gee, they won four straight...thanks. How about they lead the division by a game and a half and have most of the week? How about while their starting pitching has been shaky Nolasco was making his first start in almost a year, Scott Olsen and Mark Hendrickson dazzled in their last starts...etc. I'm not talking about this BBTN piece or the Marlins coverage or lack thereof, but since Harold Reynolds was banished (If the stories are true for reasons that warranted his removal) BBTN has been in this shallow death spiral into pure mediocrity. It's sad really.

No doubt the sh*t hit the fan somewhere in ESPN when Jacobs comments found their way to someone's desk. And as usual their answer is to be a superficial and mocking as they can while pretending to play it straight. Get some real baseball guys back on and in those seats and the improvement would be over night.

was that from espn reporter?

Don't forget that Orestres was a Marlin. I've even heard him defend "his fish" every once in a while.

I agree with you 100% 2003......I used the DVR to record BBTN the other night when they just swept the Nationals, and ours was the only game not mentioned at all. Its as if ESPN so dismisses the Marlins they want to believe they just don't exist. :thumbdown

I agree with you 100% 2003......I used the DVR to record BBTN the other night when they just swept the Nationals, and ours was the only game not mentioned at all. Its as if ESPN so dismisses the Marlins they want to believe they just don't exist. :thumbdown

The funny thing is, the Marlins actually have a very good TV following from what I hear. The problem is more actually going to games.