Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

On site of Orange Bowl, a new beginning

Featured Replies

Things I like from the article....

 

"Little Havana is about 1 1/4 miles from downtown Miami, and there will be views of downtown from the new ballpark."

 

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

"Already the team is incorporating a fan's request for better seating sight lines. So plans are in the works for every seat to be angled toward the infield."

 

""We already are the most affordable ticket price of all the South Florida professional sports, and we will remain so in the new stadium," Samson said. "There will be thousands of seats that will be extraordinarily affordable. Let's put it this way, fans won't be unable to go to the new stadium because of price."

  • Author

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

I like a lot of things from that article. The main thing I like is they say the sight line will be better. It sucks sitting near the bullpens where the seat faces centerfield and you have to turn your head for the entire game.

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Oh I'm all for that one :lol

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Oh I'm all for that one :lol

 

Last year at this time I would have agreed. The problem with saying it now is that he is getting things done. Good things. I'm cutting him some slack right now. I even shook hands with him and told him good job. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but I said it.

About the only negative I can take out of this article is something that continually bugs me. Tin Man making comparisons to NYC. And always does it. When asked about transportation issues to the new place he starts off, "Well in NY they..." When asked about stadium views he starts out with, "Well in NY they..."

 

Personally I could care in the least what they do in NY.

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Oh I'm all for that one :lol

 

Last year at this time I would have agreed. The problem with saying it now is that he is getting things done. Good things. I'm cutting him some slack right now. I even shook hands with him and told him good job. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but I said it.

What the hell is he doing except for taking Dupay's credit

  • Author

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Well, I had so many suggestions that I thought the message would be too long if I added more. :mischief

 

And, yeah, I don't think we should give that much credit to Triathlon Man. Without the league's intervention, I could safely say that we'd be in the same position as last year. The organization in of itself doesn't have enough clout to move the big players in Florida, as all those failed attempts at getting a new tax rebate showed.

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Oh I'm all for that one :lol

 

Last year at this time I would have agreed. The problem with saying it now is that he is getting things done. Good things. I'm cutting him some slack right now. I even shook hands with him and told him good job. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but I said it.

What the hell is he doing except for taking Dupay's credit

He isn't taking any credit that other people aren't giving to him.

"The Marlins also are open to fan input and suggestions. Samson encourages e-mails to his D.Samson@flamarlins.com address, offering ideas."

 

Already fired off a few ideas of mine, which I think they'd accept. :thumbup

Would that be firing David Samson? :mischief

 

Oh I'm all for that one :lol

 

Last year at this time I would have agreed. The problem with saying it now is that he is getting things done. Good things. I'm cutting him some slack right now. I even shook hands with him and told him good job. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but I said it.

What the hell is he doing except for taking Dupay's credit

I haven't seen or heard him taking any credit that he hasn't deserved. He was a part of the team. And did his job. It can be easy to overlook what he HAS done and just zero in on the bad, but I'm not that small of a person. I still don't like him, but there is nothing wrong with giving credit where it is due. And the fact is that he was part of the team that got us a new ball park that couldn't get done in well over 10 years previous.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.