Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LMAO at the pessimists

Featured Replies

Pessimistic people on this board, are becoming funny, and making no sense.

Lets see...you want respect from ESPN...yet, you're saying the same nonsense they say?

 

How about this?

 

The last 6 games (vs. the Nats/Reds)...we went 3-3 (on the road).

In that same span, THE METS went 3-4 (at home), against the SAME 2 "weak" teams. So the Mets are a "fluke" too, right? Worse record + they had the advantage of not facing Volquez or Harang, when they played Cincinnati...hmmm...

 

Oh, and last night...lol. The Marlins came back from 6 runs down in the 9th. How about giving the team credit for NOT giving up?

 

The bullpen struggled a bit in Cincinnati (especially in Game 3)...the bullpen is the strength of this team...had a bad game, it happens.

 

Pinto decided to walk 2 batters on 8 pitches, after he was dealing (once again), and then a no name rookie gets a bloop single on a changeup (sort of flukish if you ask me, but w/e).

 

The bottom line is this: The problem for this team is SP.

This team can score runs, and the bullpen is just fine.

 

I'm confident Olsen will continue the way he's pitching, and I'm interested to see how Miller does his next 2 starts. If he can pitch well tomorrow against KC, and comeback and pitch well against a TOUGH Arizona lineup...I'm gonna say that he turned it around sooner than we expected.

 

STOP being so damn pessimistic though...and if you want to be pessimistic, fine...but do it like GarbageMan61. At least he stays true to his word...he doesn't think this team is a contender, and he sticks with it. That's fine; that's the man's opinion.

 

But it's silly when you're all pessimistic when we lose, and all "I knew this team was for real..."..."surprise of 2008" when we win.

 

Either 1 or the other...what's it gonna be? Optimistic or pessimistic?

  • Author

btw...forgot to add this:

The last time the Marlins got swept...they won 9 of their next 10 games (including 7 in a row).

 

This team seems to be really resilient this year...I'm not saying they will contend, but you gotta like this team a lot more than last year's.

 

Coming back from 6 in the 9th inning...I don't think that would've ever happened last year. For some reason, this team looks more determined...

 

:marlins

What you have to understand is that the Marlins didn't just lose, they played horribly.

 

It's one thing when the other team wins the game from you. It's another thing when you lose the game for yourself.

 

It was a horrible series and I'm glad we'll be back home again.

Erick,

 

It's not so much about optimism or pessimism, but rather watching them play to their ability. I've always been a big marlin fan and will continue to root whoever puts on that uniform.

 

With that said, when the team doesn't play to their ability, we have the right to point that out. When they play out of their minds (during the win streak), we have the right to discuss that too.

 

I'm not upset with your posts because I know we are both fans and simply have two different ways of supporting the team. I am more than happy at their performance this season and it has made watching them so much fun. By making criticism, however, I am simply pointing out what I saw during the game...not so much a prediction of future success or failure. I think we all know that Fredi doesn't read these boards, so any comments are made simply to have conversations with fellow fans. If we all thought and responded the same, then message boards wouldn't be any fun!

 

But if you must know, I am certainly an optimist with this team. We're young and talented and I see good things ahead. I was expecting 2009 or 2010 before real contention...but I'll take it this year!

  • Author

Erick,

 

It's not so much about optimism or pessimism, but rather watching them play to their ability. I've always been a big marlin fan and will continue to root whoever puts on that uniform.

 

With that said, when the team doesn't play to their ability, we have the right to point that out. When they play out of their minds (during the win streak), we have the right to discuss that too.

 

I'm not upset with your posts because I know we are both fans and simply have two different ways of supporting the team. I am more than happy at their performance this season and it has made watching them so much fun. By making criticism, however, I am simply pointing out what I saw during the game...not so much a prediction of future success or failure. I think we all know that Fredi doesn't read these boards, so any comments are made simply to have conversations with fellow fans. If we all thought and responded the same, then message boards wouldn't be any fun!

 

But if you must know, I am certainly an optimist with this team. We're young and talented and I see good things ahead. I was expecting 2009 or 2010 before real contention...but I'll take it this year!

 

 

I'm not talking about you at all, man. I'm talking about certain people (you know who you are)...that are all happy when they win, then when we lose, they go on to call the team a fluke, right away...it's only a couple of people, really.

 

As far as Freddi goes...I don't care about arguing that, really. Everyone has a different style of managing...that's why I bumped the other thread. I don't mind talking baseball / expressing my thoughts about a game, either.

Yeah, I'm kinda new to posting and reading threads daily, so, I don't know the problem posters yet. But don't let them get to you. I've always enjoyed your posts and any level headed discussion on baseball is always welcomed.

 

I just got all wound up with Pinto b/c I wanted Fredi to take him out. I was hoping when Wiley went out there it was just a stall tactic, but it wasn't and the rookie came through. Even though we played horribly, you tip the cap and move on.

LOL at your LMAO at the pessimists.

 

 

I hate downers, to be honest. Either you love the team or you hate it, support it or dont, if they lose you root for them to win, not complain about losing in the past, going to lose again, blah blah blah. Ok I am rambling, stop me.

i know you talk about me because you what say supprise team 2008 this team HAVE no reason sweep last place team loss all game i unstand if was to team better record BUT TO CINN come on we cannot get sweep by team in bottom of standing we should come home with 7-1 not 7-3

Uhh.....well the thing is.......the Marlins were in each of those three games, whether it was a late rally or not, doesn't matter. Yeah, they fell short, but for the most part they were their own worst enemy with constant mistakes. These mistakes are correctable and could mean the difference between winning and losing. Let's see if they learn from this series.

i know you talk about me because you what say supprise team 2008 this team HAVE no reason sweep last place team loss all game i unstand if was to team better record BUT TO CINN come on we cannot get sweep by team in bottom of standing we should come home with 7-1 not 7-3

 

Miamibaseball, the thing about baseball is that the best team doesn't always win, we're allowed to lose, and heck, we're allowed to be swept, we lost to the Reds facing their 2 best pitchers, then in the last game took them to the edge of losing by beating up their AS Closer... arguably we should have won the last game, but we didn't and we'll be fine, once we get our 40th loss, then we can start worrying about losing, but I don't think we'll have a 40th loss for a good while...

 

Also, we got swept, in THEIR stadium, I mean... sure they're a last place team but so are: SEA (division favorite) NYY (because they're the Yankees) and DET (world series favorite) and being swept by them wouldn't make people go nuts, sure they're in a different league, but the point remains the same.

2 of our 5 best hitters are injured and we've cranked out 5+ runs in 10 of the last 14. We are going to lose some games, that is the nature of baseball.

I admit today I did get on the team early when Olsen gave up a few runs. But it was more out of frustration. I hated to see the 7 game win streak go for nothing if the team was gonna lose a lot of games right after it. Plus this team was on a losing streak to teams below .500. It's frustration because you know the team is better than the level being played lately. I disagree thast the problem is just Starting Pitching. During the last few games the bullpen and the defense have not been helping either. It was a collective team effort that the games were lost, despite the fact that the offense does show up late and just fall short.

What you say is very true. I see so many of the same people on here changing their opinions with each GAME. It doesn't even take an entire series. I still think that in the end it will be our starting pitching that will f*ck us. And the bullpen is going to end up being worn out way too soon because of it. I still believe that Mark Hendrickson will eventually start to suck. I think Olsen is going to be decent throughout the year, but not nearly as good as he has been so far. Miller has shown flashes, as I said he would, and I expect him to continue doing so with the occasional horrible start thrown in. I think Nolasco is a terrible starter who is capable of giving you 5 or 6 good innings once in a while and will end up in the bullpen when we get Anibal back, and do well there. Our hitting will stay about where it's at but Jacobs will probably cool off considerably after the allstar break. I think Dan Uggla will have a monster year, and that Cody will end up having a good one once he is allowed to start every day since Amezaga will continue to hit like a kitten. And in the end, I believe that we will lose more games than we will win. These are my opinions, and I have maintained them since the first day of the season. I am glad I was wrong for the first month and a half. I hope I am wrong about all the negative stuff for the rest of the year. But I still believe that our weaknesses will eat up our strengths before the end of the season, and the Phillies are a very good team. I do believe we can finish in 3rd place ahead of the Mets and Nats. If we can finish the season with the Mets sniffing our fishy asses, that would be awfully nice. Anyway, good post, kid.

 

Can't say I agree with your predictions. But I give you credit for not waffling(sp). I was one of the few that openly stated I was hoping for a .500 season and thought we could do it. Only to be bashed soundly by the same folks that are now complaining if we don't hit double digits over .500. Or 6 games over. Or whatever. This post has me leaning away from putting the pessimist label on ya...but don't let it go to your head. LOL

Sans the second one (to an extent, because I live in Fort Pierce, and with gas prices and such, it IS hard to get to the stadium) I gotta say, good posts GarbageMan.. never EVER thought I'd say that :thumbup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.