Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heat get the #2 overall pick

Featured Replies

I wonder how starbrownies is feelin' right about now.

 

Didn't I say the Heat weren't going to get the #1 overall? And my computer was f'd up so I had to wait a good month and a half for repairs.

 

Knicks have a lot of options and hopefully we take Eric Gordon or Jerryd Balyess, if not try and trade to get multiple picks and select a guard (CDR, Westbrook, Augustin, etc) and Javelle McGee who I see A LOT of Camby in.

I wonder how starbrownies is feelin' right about now.

 

Didn't I say the Heat weren't going to get the #1 overall? And my computer was f'd up so I had to wait a good month and a half for repairs.

 

Knicks have a lot of options and hopefully we take Eric Gordon or Jerryd Balyess, if not try and trade to get multiple picks and select a guard (CDR, Westbrook, Augustin, etc) and Javelle McGee who I see A LOT of Camby in.

so maybe they will be good in 10 years?

I wonder how starbrownies is feelin' right about now.

 

And my computer was f'd up so I had to wait a good month and a half for repairs.

 

 

yea alot of mets fans computers had problems during may, i dont know way though

 

:mischief

I wonder how starbrownies is feelin' right about now.

 

And my computer was f'd up so I had to wait a good month and a half for repairs.

 

 

yea alot of mets fans computers had problems during may, i dont know way though

 

:mischief

 

If you looked at my account, you would have saw that I hadn't logged on since mid April.

  • 2 weeks later...

Guaranteed Rose or Beasley :notworthy

Beasley worked out for the Bulls Today and aced it. it is looking more that he maybe the #1 pick, it will all come to how he rates character-wise

Everything I have read has the Heat seriously considering taking Mayo at #2 or trading back and drafting him.

 

From Chad Ford's latest mock draft:

 

The skinny: The Heat continue to wait and hope that somehow Rose will fall to them at No. 2. Or do they?

 

One source close to the process says Pat Riley thinks Rose is a bad fit in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade, because drafting Rose would give Miami two athletic slashers who (a) are subpar shooters and (b) would have to try to share the ball. That source insists the Heat are bluffing about their interest in Rose in the hopes that Beasley falls to them at No. 2.

 

That contradicts everything I've been hearing the past month -- but the source is credible enough to be taken seriously. Still, I don't think Beasley is the type of player Riley usually appreciates.

 

So I still say that, assuming Miami is keying on either Rose or Beasley, if the Bulls take the player at No. 1 whom the Heat want (presumably, Rose or Beasley), Plan B appears to be taking O.J. Mayo or trading the pick.

 

The Heat will travel back to Chicago this weekend to watch Mayo again, and there's a strong chance that Mayo will visit Miami in the next week.

 

The team also has heard several trade offers for the No. 2 pick, with the Memphis Grizzlies' offer of the No. 5 pick, Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry being the best so far.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/co...ockDraft-080617

 

If Marion decides to stay and we can get Mayo at #5, I would absolutely love this trade. If we can find a way to take on the salary, O.J. Mayo/Wade/Miller/Marion/decent C with Lowry/Cook/Haslem coming off the bench would be a damn good team.

 

I know I have been heavily on the Beasley bandwagon but that would be a great trade if we know for sure we can get Mayo at 5.

  • Author

Everything I have read has the Heat seriously considering taking Mayo at #2 or trading back and drafting him.

 

From Chad Ford's latest mock draft:

 

The skinny: The Heat continue to wait and hope that somehow Rose will fall to them at No. 2. Or do they?

 

One source close to the process says Pat Riley thinks Rose is a bad fit in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade, because drafting Rose would give Miami two athletic slashers who (a) are subpar shooters and (b) would have to try to share the ball. That source insists the Heat are bluffing about their interest in Rose in the hopes that Beasley falls to them at No. 2.

 

That contradicts everything I've been hearing the past month -- but the source is credible enough to be taken seriously. Still, I don't think Beasley is the type of player Riley usually appreciates.

 

So I still say that, assuming Miami is keying on either Rose or Beasley, if the Bulls take the player at No. 1 whom the Heat want (presumably, Rose or Beasley), Plan B appears to be taking O.J. Mayo or trading the pick.

 

The Heat will travel back to Chicago this weekend to watch Mayo again, and there's a strong chance that Mayo will visit Miami in the next week.

 

The team also has heard several trade offers for the No. 2 pick, with the Memphis Grizzlies' offer of the No. 5 pick, Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry being the best so far.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/co...ockDraft-080617

 

If Marion decides to stay and we can get Mayo at #5, I would absolutely love this trade. If we can find a way to take on the salary, O.J. Mayo/Wade/Miller/Marion/decent C with Lowry/Cook/Haslem coming off the bench would be a damn good team.

 

I know I have been heavily on the Beasley bandwagon but that would be a great trade if we know for sure we can get Mayo at 5.

 

You can never believe any rumor you hear in the NBA draft, because when you think about it , why would any team come out publicly with their plans? They're just trying to stir things up, I think. Or at least , I hope :confused . Cause doing this would just be flat out stupid.

  • Author

So yeah, it's really starting to look like the Bulls are taking Rose #1 overall. Even Rose has come out and said it's always been his dream to be a Chicago Bull. And although they're stacked at the PG position and could really use a guy like Beasley (and would probably be the smarter pick), it seems like Rose is the best player.

 

Start printing the Beasley Heat jerseys

So yeah, it's really starting to look like the Bulls are taking Rose #1 overall. Even Rose has come out and said it's always been his dream to be a Chicago Bull. And although they're stacked at the PG position and could really use a guy like Beasley (and would probably be the smarter pick), it seems like Rose is the best player.

 

Start printing the Beasley Heat jerseys

 

 

Huge mistake by the Bulls and the Heat will greatly benefit from their stupidity.

So yeah, it's really starting to look like the Bulls are taking Rose #1 overall. Even Rose has come out and said it's always been his dream to be a Chicago Bull. And although they're stacked at the PG position and could really use a guy like Beasley (and would probably be the smarter pick), it seems like Rose is the best player.

 

Start printing the Beasley Heat jerseys

 

 

Huge mistake by the Bulls and the Heat will greatly benefit from their stupidity.

I will believe it when the Bulls start negotiating a contract with Rose. As of yesterday Beasley had the Bulls attention with his workout

Sounds like Rose isn't even going to workout for Miami.

Here is the Tribune's version of Rose's attitude

 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,6343427.story

 

Derrick Rose sees good fit with Bulls

By Brian Hamilton

 

Tribune reporter

 

10:41 PM CDT, June 19, 2008

 

Derrick Rose is capable of many things. Historically, guile has not been one of them.

 

So when the ex-Simeon and Memphis star suggested Thursday that his workout with the Bulls might be his only workout before the NBA draft, thus bypassing a stop with the No. 2 pick-holding Miami Heat, it could not be dismissed as typical predraft posturing.

 

After all, the understated Rose is about as prone to deception as a cloistered nun.

 

"I don't think so," Rose said when asked if he would head to Miami. "I'll have to ask [agent B.J. Armstrong] or someone about it, but all I know now is that I'm here.

 

"They're in the top two. I'll probably go down there and work out. But if not, too bad."

 

By way of comparison, forward Michael Beasley, the other contender for the No. 1 pick, flew to Miami directly after his workout with the Bulls. Later on Thursday, Rose's camp stressed a visit to Miami has not been ruled out.

 

"This might be it," said older brother Reggie Rose, who was at the Berto Center on Thursday and also said he was not aware of any impending Miami trip. "But we might have to go down to Miami. We have no problem going down there.

 

"If anything pops up where he might have to shoot down to Miami for a day or two to work out, that's what he has to do."

 

As for what he did Thursday in his workout, Rose said the Bulls ran him through drills that focused on ball-handling, attacking the pick-and-roll and shooting. He assessed his performance with typical conciseness.

 

"I think I did well," Rose said.

 

Of course the Bulls will have the final word on that, on whether they see the 6-foot-3-inch, 196-pound Rose as a gifted, physical floor general for the foreseeable future.

 

Rose certainly envisions himself as a fit, and not simply because of the geography. His conversations with Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro have taken a familiar tenor.

 

"He was talking about how he wants to run his offense through his defense," Rose said. [Memphis coach John Calipari and Simeon coach Robert Smith], that's what they talked about?running their offense through their defense. That's how I've been playing through all my years playing basketball: Defense makes offense. He's my type of coach."

 

If the phalanx of cameras and microphones outside the Berto Center on Thursday was any indication, a homecoming for Rose will create a high-wattage spotlight that follows him relentlessly.

 

Rose maintained he's not concerned. He said playing for the Bulls would be a "dream come true," not a nightmare of hype and overanalysis waiting to happen.

 

"Seeing [the Bulls win the draft lottery], I just thought about LeBron James. I thought he was the luckiest player in the world, to get to play in his home city," Rose said. "Now I have that chance. I'm just hoping that they pick me."

 

It maybe a decided matter by the Bulls or it may not, it is still unkown

f*** Rose...... if he dont want to come down here, and work out and sh*t... f*** em...

 

 

who does dude think he is? mother f***er sounds alot like Steve Frances and sh*t

 

whats so bad about taking the Beast Beasly?

 

the fact that he might come in the leauge and average 20-10 in his first season?

 

and if we need a pg so bad? why not talk about bayless?

 

as far as mayo is concerned i dont want em, i could be wrong about him. but to be honest i was not imnpressed by his at usc.....

 

and as for that memphis trade

 

I SPEAK FOR HEAT FANS EVERYWHERE, WE DID NOT ENDUDRE THE WORST SEASON IN FRANCHISE HISTORY TO GET MIKE f***ING MILLER AND A 5TH PICK.....

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IN HELLLLLLLLLLL

 

sry i was just pist when i read about that trade

  • Author

f*** Rose...... if he dont want to come down here, and work out and sh*t... f*** em...

 

 

who does dude think he is? mother f***er sounds alot like Steve Frances and sh*t

 

whats so bad about taking the Beast Beasly?

 

the fact that he might come in the leauge and average 20-10 in his first season?

 

and if we need a pg so bad? why not talk about bayless?

 

as far as mayo is concerned i dont want em, i could be wrong about him. but to be honest i was not imnpressed by his at usc.....

 

and as for that memphis trade

 

I SPEAK FOR HEAT FANS EVERYWHERE, WE DID NOT ENDUDRE THE WORST SEASON IN FRANCHISE HISTORY TO GET MIKE f***ING MILLER AND A 5TH PICK.....

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IN HELLLLLLLLLLL

 

sry i was just pist when i read about that trade

 

I agree.

 

Although it would have been nice to have Rose because of our need at PG, he obviously doesn't want to come play here, so forget about him. Beasley is a monster so let's just go with him and move on.

 

And yeah, If they do that trade with Memphis, I'm gonna drive down to AAA and punch Pat Riley in the face

Another Wade to Chicago rumor is born.

 

Rumors have continued to swirl that the Heat are considering sending Dwyane Wade to the Bulls for the first pick in this week's NBA Draft, plus Tyrus Thomas and Admin Hughes, according to The Boston Globe.

 

The trade would allow Miami to draft both Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, who have long been considered the top two prospects in this year's draft class.

 

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...go_still_alive/

 

It would be interesting to have Rose and Beasley on the same team but Hughes kills it for me.

  • Author

Ok the whole "Miami considering drafting OJ Mayo over Beasley" talks are really starting to scare me.

 

I swear, if they pass on beasley for Mayo, OR if they trade down to get him, I'm not going to be a Heat fan anymore.

Ok the whole "Miami considering drafting OJ Mayo over Beasley" talks are really starting to scare me.

 

I swear, if they pass on beasley for Mayo, OR if they trade down to get him, I'm not going to be a Heat fan anymore.

 

 

I'd still be a Heat fan just cuz it's the Miami team and I've been a fan since their inception, but yea...if we pass on Beasley I would be extremely pissed off. I love Riley and Pfund as an and I would still trust them in the final decision. Somewhat.

 

I really think when it comes down it to though, Beasley is, will be, and always was our first choice. He will be a Miami Heat come Thursday night.

If we pass on Beasley at second, I will feel just like when the Dolphins passed on Quinn for Ginn. I was like o_O no effing way!!! I'll be very pissed.

If the Miami Heat's recent activities are any indication, they are not going to select Kansas State forward Michael Beasley with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA draft.

 

ESPN.com has been reporting since the draft lottery that Heat president Pat Riley has reservations about Beasley. While Beasley is a talent, Riley seems to be uncomfortable with his personality and seems dead set on finding a point guard to pair in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade.

 

To that end, Riley staged two separate secret workouts in Miami on Tuesday. The first, a source told ESPN.com, was for Arizona point guard Jerryd Bayless. The second was for USC guard O.J. Mayo, who confirmed to ESPN.com that he worked out for the team.

 

In conjunction with the workouts, the Heat have been actively shopping the second pick in the draft with an eye on selecting Mayo or Bayless lower while acquiring another asset.

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/ne...tory?id=3459696

Ok the whole "Miami considering drafting OJ Mayo over Beasley" talks are really starting to scare me.

 

I swear, if they pass on beasley for Mayo, OR if they trade down to get him, I'm not going to be a Heat fan anymore.

what he said

 

im not going to watch a piss poor basketball team.... fail to play basketball.

I'm actually starting to get mad over all this Beasley talk.

 

It is becoming obvious that noone is going to offer us a trade that makes everyone go "Wow, I can see why they passed on Beasley for that.". Just take Beasley and be happy. No matter what we do with Marion we are going to have a dynamic trio of players. He has character issues? Who cares. He is a freak of nature on the court and the best talent in this draft. I'm sure Wade and Marion or Boozer/Brand and Riley would be able to keep him in check.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.