Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heat get the #2 overall pick

Featured Replies

That would suck but if we don't get a top 2 pick, I want Brook Lopez. He may not end up being a superstar but he should be a good player. He has great height and is a solid rebounder and shot blocker. Not to mention he is turning into a very good free throw shooter.

 

I'd be fine with drafting him if we can't land Beasley or Rose.

If we dont get top 2, i am going to be VERY MAD!! hulk mad!!! we really need Rose!!!!!!!!!

  • Author

Don't get your hopes up, people.

 

Although the Heat do have the best chance to land a top 2 pick, mathematically their chances of NOT getting a top 2 pick are greater than their chances of getting one.

 

I'm expecting them to get the 3 or the 4. That way if they do get one of the top 2 picks, I'll be stoked.

I'd go with O. J. Mayo. Yeah, I'm a pure sucker for all the hype and I'll let yal all in on a secret....

 

...You can tell if a player is gonna be great or not if they have a great, unique name. No lie. Look at all the superstars in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade/His name pretty much rolls off the tongue, Tracy McGrady/Awesome combination, Allen Iverson/Has a unique last name. The list goes on. They all have great and/or unique names. Thats why I think Brook Lopez will turn out to be a bust or nothing too special. Remember Andrew Bogut? Tell me his name didn't resonate that of a superstars in the NBA. It only happens in the NBA though.

 

It might sound ludicrous and dumb, but it's the truth. At least for this generation.

Anybody agree? :sweating lol

I'd go with O. J. Mayo. Yeah, I'm a pure sucker for all the hype and I'll let yal all in on a secret....

 

...You can tell if a player is gonna be great or not if they have a great, unique name. No lie. Look at all the superstars in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade/His name pretty much rolls off the tongue, Tracy McGrady/Awesome combination, Allen Iverson/Has a unique last name. The list goes on. They all have great and/or unique names. Thats why I think Brook Lopez will turn out to be a bust or nothing too special. Remember Andrew Bogut? Tell me his name didn't resonate that of a superstars in the NBA. It only happens in the NBA though.

 

It might sound ludicrous and dumb, but it's the truth. At least for this generation.

Anybody agree? :sweating lol

 

 

lmao nice :thumbup

Don't get your hopes up, people.

 

Although the Heat do have the best chance to land a top 2 pick, mathematically their chances of NOT getting a top 2 pick are greater than their chances of getting one.

 

I'm expecting them to get the 3 or the 4. That way if they do get one of the top 2 picks, I'll be stoked.

 

I believe "technially" its higher than the percentage because you can only go up something like 5 slots, so even though teams 6-14 are in the lottery, I dont believe they qualify for 1st overall. Im not certain on this though, I thiink it works something like you cant move down more than 3 and up more than 5.

  • Author

Don't get your hopes up, people.

 

Although the Heat do have the best chance to land a top 2 pick, mathematically their chances of NOT getting a top 2 pick are greater than their chances of getting one.

 

I'm expecting them to get the 3 or the 4. That way if they do get one of the top 2 picks, I'll be stoked.

 

I believe "technially" its higher than the percentage because you can only go up something like 5 slots, so even though teams 6-14 are in the lottery, I dont believe they qualify for 1st overall. Im not certain on this though, I thiink it works something like you cant move down more than 3 and up more than 5.

 

Every team in the lottery has a shot at #1 overall. The breakdown looks like this:

 

  • 250 combinations, 25% chance
  • 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
  • 156 combinations, 15.6% chance
  • 119 combinations, 11.9% chance
  • 88 combinations, 8.8% chance
  • 63 combinations, 6.3% chance
  • 43 combinations, 4.3% chance
  • 28 combinations, 2.8% chance
  • 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
  • 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
  • 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
  • 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
  • 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
  • 5 combinations, 0.5% chance

Also, the Heat have a 46.5% chance at a top 2 pick. That still means they have a 53.5% chance of NOT getting a top 2 pick. Follow me?

 

The Heat are, however, mathematically guaranteed a top 4 pick.

I'd go with O. J. Mayo. Yeah, I'm a pure sucker for all the hype and I'll let yal all in on a secret....

 

...You can tell if a player is gonna be great or not if they have a great, unique name. No lie. Look at all the superstars in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade/His name pretty much rolls off the tongue, Tracy McGrady/Awesome combination, Allen Iverson/Has a unique last name. The list goes on. They all have great and/or unique names. Thats why I think Brook Lopez will turn out to be a bust or nothing too special. Remember Andrew Bogut? Tell me his name didn't resonate that of a superstars in the NBA. It only happens in the NBA though.

 

It might sound ludicrous and dumb, but it's the truth. At least for this generation.

Anybody agree? :sweating lol

 

Yeah, I heard that OJ is a good "slasher".

I'd go with O. J. Mayo. Yeah, I'm a pure sucker for all the hype and I'll let yal all in on a secret....

 

...You can tell if a player is gonna be great or not if they have a great, unique name. No lie. Look at all the superstars in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade/His name pretty much rolls off the tongue, Tracy McGrady/Awesome combination, Allen Iverson/Has a unique last name. The list goes on. They all have great and/or unique names. Thats why I think Brook Lopez will turn out to be a bust or nothing too special. Remember Andrew Bogut? Tell me his name didn't resonate that of a superstars in the NBA. It only happens in the NBA though.

 

It might sound ludicrous and dumb, but it's the truth. At least for this generation.

Anybody agree? :sweating lol

 

Yeah, I heard that OJ is a good "slasher".

 

LOL :notworthy

 

I hope we trade our pick if we don't get the first or second pick. The Nuggets are discussing trading Carmelo Anthony. Maybe with our pick we could reel someone big in.

I'd go with O. J. Mayo. Yeah, I'm a pure sucker for all the hype and I'll let yal all in on a secret....

 

...You can tell if a player is gonna be great or not if they have a great, unique name. No lie. Look at all the superstars in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade/His name pretty much rolls off the tongue, Tracy McGrady/Awesome combination, Allen Iverson/Has a unique last name. The list goes on. They all have great and/or unique names. Thats why I think Brook Lopez will turn out to be a bust or nothing too special. Remember Andrew Bogut? Tell me his name didn't resonate that of a superstars in the NBA. It only happens in the NBA though.

 

It might sound ludicrous and dumb, but it's the truth. At least for this generation.

Anybody agree? :sweating lol

 

Yeah, I heard that OJ is a good "slasher".

 

LOL :notworthy

 

I hope we trade our pick if we don't get the first or second pick. The Nuggets are discussing trading Carmelo Anthony. Maybe with our pick we could reel someone like that in.

i truly believe we will get the number one pick, not because im a math wiz or i have a gut feeling the lottery balls will fall our way...the NBA is above only the NFL in terms of corruptness within the league...and because dwayne wade is a cash cow...they will want that cash cow to have a number 1 pick playing beside him and get that cash cow back to the playoffs as soon as humanly possible

Gnatsol... why'd you quote yourself and write nothing else???

 

LOL! I didn't even notice. That second reply was a mistake. ^_^

i truly believe we will get the number one pick, not because im a math wiz or i have a gut feeling the lottery balls will fall our way...the NBA is above only the NFL in terms of corruptness within the league...and because dwayne wade is a cash cow...they will want that cash cow to have a number 1 pick playing beside him and get that cash cow back to the playoffs as soon as humanly possible

 

if thats the case, new york is a lock to get #1. It'll be ewing all over again

i truly believe we will get the number one pick, not because im a math wiz or i have a gut feeling the lottery balls will fall our way...the NBA is above only the NFL in terms of corruptness within the league...and because dwayne wade is a cash cow...they will want that cash cow to have a number 1 pick playing beside him and get that cash cow back to the playoffs as soon as humanly possible

 

if thats the case, new york is a lock to get #1. It'll be ewing all over again

but they dont have any cash cows on that roster and are at least 3 years away from competing for anything

The Heat are better off with the #2 pick, no pressure.

 

I agree, they can't be 2nd guessed now. They are in a perfect spot. Either way, they'll get a tremendous player.

 

As for the Bulls, people have said for years that they need a post scorer, so Beasley would fill that role, but Rose is the Chicago native. They have a tough decision.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.