Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heat get the #2 overall pick

Featured Replies

If we pass on Beasley at second, I will feel just like when the Dolphins passed on Quinn for Ginn. I was like o_O no effing way!!! I'll be very pissed.

except quinn isnt good...

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

That's a bit extreme considering none of us really know how good Beasley will be.

 

Sure, I want them to take Beasley as well since he is clearly a very talented player, but I think you have give Riley and the Heat the benefit of the doubt here. First of all, nobody from the Heat organization has said a word about the draft. I'm sure that is by design. Everything that is out there is speculation by NBA "experts". I wouldn't be shocked if Riley has actually coveted Beasley all along and this percieved dislike of Beasley is a smokescreen created to cast doubt on him and keep the Bulls from taking him. Riley also knows he has a very shallow roster and is seeing if someone is willing to give up the house in exchange for the pick.

 

The bottom line is nobody knows what the Heat is thinking and that is exactly what Riley wants.

Draft Beastley.

Do it.

 

I agree. Random question: are you watching Starsky and Hutch on FX?

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

  • Author

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

 

 

 

Cam Cameron "supposedly" knew more about football than the entire Dolphins fan base, but he drafted Ted Ginn.

 

:p

 

I don't think I'll actually denounce my Heat fanhood if it happens (I was exagerating), but really...I will be damn mad if they do it. It doesn't take a basketball genius to know that Beasley is the guy to take if he falls in our laps.

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

 

 

 

Cam Cameron "supposedly" knew more about football than the entire Dolphins fan base, but he drafted Ted Ginn.

 

:p

 

I don't think I'll actually denounce my Heat fanhood if it happens (I was exagerating), but really...I will be damn mad if they do it. It doesn't take a basketball genius to know that Beasley is the guy to take if he falls in our laps.

 

True on Cam, but I don't think Quinn will ever be anything special, so...can't criticize that move yet.

 

And yea, I really would be terribly disappointed too if we don't take Beasley. He is a special talent, and a rare breed in such a young athlete in that he has a great, fun personality. I hope we get the chance to watch him carve out his career here in South Florida, because he has superstar charisma.

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

 

 

 

Cam Cameron "supposedly" knew more about football than the entire Dolphins fan base, but he drafted Ted Ginn.

 

:p

 

Ginn turned out pretty good though, didn't he? Brady Quinn will remain a backup unless he gets traded.

  • Author

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

 

 

 

Cam Cameron "supposedly" knew more about football than the entire Dolphins fan base, but he drafted Ted Ginn.

 

:p

 

Ginn turned out pretty good though, didn't he? Brady Quinn will remain a backup unless he gets traded.

 

 

He was doing alright in the second half of the season, but there was no way he should have been taken that early. If anything, they could have traded down and got him if they wanted him THAT badly. Eh, life goes on.

I'm not a Heat fan, but I'd say I know the sport ok.

 

So...I know there's been talk about the Heat needing a PG. However, don't you guys think they need a true C?

 

If they get Beasley, they'll have Wade, Marion, Beasley, and Haslem. Beasley and Marion seem to play the same style of basketball, offensively, except, Beasley's probably more of an interior force.

 

However...how about trading the #2 pick to Memphis for Conley (an actual PG...and he's young) and the #4 pick? And draft Brooke Lopez, who many people have in their Top 5?

 

It would be...

 

PG-Conley

SG-Wade

SF-Marion

PF-Haslem

C-B.Lopez

 

Again...I'm not really a Heat fan...once basketball season rolls around, it's the same time as hockey season, and I love the Panthers, as many of you know.

 

So...what do you guys think?

  • Author

I kinda like the idea, Erick, but...

 

Rule #1 in the NBA:

 

and I'm gonna come off as racist when I say this but i can get away with it because I am white :mischief (and I guess Lopez is as well. Well, Spanish, but close enough)

 

 

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD, NON-BLACK BIG MAN!

 

simple as that. :p

I have never really been a great basketball fan, as I am of the football, and Baseball, but I do attend 3-4 games a year and watch the majority of the games on tv. If we pass on beasley, I will have no problem just dropping the heat altogether.

 

 

Then please don't root for the Heat when we are competing for another Championship in a couple years. If we pass on Beasley it is because a guy that knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than me, you and every single person on this board combined thought someone else was a better option for this team.

 

Me and you don't know sh*t about basketball compared to these guys. Stop being such a pathetic bandwagon rider.

 

 

 

Cam Cameron "supposedly" knew more about football than the entire Dolphins fan base, but he drafted Ted Ginn.

 

:p

 

I don't think I'll actually denounce my Heat fanhood if it happens (I was exagerating), but really...I will be damn mad if they do it. It doesn't take a basketball genius to know that Beasley is the guy to take if he falls in our laps.

 

Are you really comparing Pat Riley to Cam Cameron?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.