Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Poll: Presidential Election Poll

Featured Replies

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

This isn't just a partisan thing. You can go back to the Mid 1800's and see we have overthrown all types of governments to help advance us.

 

 

I will not go into detail but since hte mid 1800's we have interfered with:

 

the Philippines

Hawai'i

Chile

Columbia

Cuba

Panama

Nicaragua

Guyana

Iran

Iraq

Vietnam

Singapore

Germany

Korea

North Korea

Congo

Kenya

 

 

and many many more..

Unfortunately that is correct. In many cases the only reasoning was imperialistic gains, with only a couple of exceptions. Few of those nations posed a direct threat to the United States.

none of them did. We caused more harm. My point is interventionism isnt a partisan thing, it is a flaw in "new america" we have lost all washingtonian ideals. We need to go back to those ideals.

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

 

Well?

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

 

Well?

 

not all in central america,but we have done it.

 

Panama, Nicaragua, and Chile.

 

In the middle east Iran. Those are off the top of my head.

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

 

Well?

 

not all in central america,but we have done it.

 

Panama, Nicaragua, and Chile.

 

In the middle east Iran. Those are off the top of my head.

RONALD REAGAN DID NOT TRY TO OVERTHROW ANY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN CENTRAL AMERICA.

 

FutureGM is clueless about this.

 

I hope he answers.

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

 

Well?

 

not all in central america,but we have done it.

 

Panama, Nicaragua, and Chile.

 

In the middle east Iran. Those are off the top of my head.

RONALD REAGAN DID NOT TRY TO OVERTHROW ANY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN CENTRAL AMERICA.

 

FutureGM is clueless about this.

 

I hope he answers.

 

Not Reagan, but the US has was my point. He did invade Grenada to make a statement when it was all a ploy to make the US look stronger. That should of never happened.

 

I think our foreign policy since at least the late 1800's has been off base. We one were a country who hated colonization and thats basically what we are trying to create around the world. Let alone our provinces that have no business being ours.

We were very isolationist as a nation until around the turn of the 20th century, probably starting with the Spanish-American war that allowed us to gain new territories in the form of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Philippines, and some smaller islands. Around that time our nation began to look more like the colonial powers of England (India, Hong Kong, etc.) and France (Algeria, Vietnam, etc.).

 

On an unrelated note, it's pretty disappointing to see at least 8 people saying they won't vote.

We were very isolationist as a nation until around the turn of the 20th century, probably starting with the Spanish-American war that allowed us to gain new territories in the form of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Philippines, and some smaller islands. Around that time our nation began to look more like the colonial powers of England (India, Hong Kong, etc.) and France (Algeria, Vietnam, etc.).

 

On an unrelated note, it's pretty disappointing to see at least 8 people saying they won't vote.

 

Well I want to vote but I'm not thrilled with either candidate.... so what I'm I supposed to do :banghead

I found it interesting earlier that Obama is up by 4 over McCain in FL, according to a CNN poll. However, when they redid the poll after adding the third party candidates (Barr, Nader, McKinney, etc.) his margin doubled to 8 over McCain.

I found it interesting earlier that Obama is up by 4 over McCain in FL, according to a CNN poll. However, when they redid the poll after adding the third party candidates (Barr, Nader, McKinney, etc.) his margin doubled to 8 over McCain.

 

 

great, that is complete bullsh*t that the third parties are stealing votes from Obama. They just need to eliminate them all together, they never win anyway, all they do is mess up the elections

I found it interesting earlier that Obama is up by 4 over McCain in FL, according to a CNN poll. However, when they redid the poll after adding the third party candidates (Barr, Nader, McKinney, etc.) his margin doubled to 8 over McCain.

 

 

great, that is complete bullsh*t that the third parties are stealing votes from Obama. They just need to eliminate them all together, they never win anyway, all they do is mess up the elections

Well, I don't think it will be close enough this year that the third parties will change the outcome like Nader did in 2000.

 

I have to disagree with eliminating third parties. That's just anti-democratic. If they want to spend money trying to become president, they are certainly welcome to.

Don't vote third party...

 

Don't waste your vote.

Corrected.

 

:thumbup

Voting 3rd party is a better use of your vote than voting for Barack Obama. :whistle

A vote that in principle incites no change to the political apparatus (a major party vote) is perhaps the greatest waste of a vote imaginable.

a new party can never emerge if people do not vote.

 

the LP reached .47% of the vote in 2004. If they surpass that, then they will gain more publicity.

 

If Ron Paul was running as the LP ticket I think he would receive more then Perot and really legitimize the LP.

 

I know I am voting for Barr this year. I am not a huge fan, but I relate more to that party and make my vote mean more to me.

A vote that in principle incites no change to the political apparatus (a major party vote) is perhaps the greatest waste of a vote imaginable.

a new party can never emerge if people do not vote.

 

the LP reached .47% of the vote in 2004. If they surpass that, then they will gain more publicity.

 

If Ron Paul was running as the LP ticket I think he would receive more then Perot and really legitimize the LP.

 

I know I am voting for Barr this year. I am not a huge fan, but I relate more to that party and make my vote mean more to me.

 

Concur with Ron Paul on the LP ticket, he would have received some huge numbers and it would have been awesome if they included him in any debate with these two jokers; he would completely own them.

 

BUT I do understand his rational in not running third party: we need to infiltrate the two major political parties, take back the republican party at the very least and get some Ron Paul republicans in the congress- guys like Bob Conley on the Dem side and BJ Lawson on the Republican side. Seeing people like that run for public office is very encouraging IMO. If Conley can actually win, that is huge.

 

He also needs to begin to groom his successor to run in 2012, somebody his huge following can all rally behind.

not all in central america,but we have done it.

 

Panama, Nicaragua, and Chile.

 

In the middle east Iran. Those are off the top of my head.

 

Panama: not Reagan, not democratically elected

Nicaragua: no longer democratically elected (1 man, 1 vote, 1 time is not democracy)

Chile: not Reagan, and Allende was attempting to set up a Socialist dictatorship akin to Cuba's.

 

Again, what regimes were deposed by Reagan?

Chile: Allende was attempting to set up a Socialist dictatorship akin to Cuba's.

That's a myth. He was legitimately elected, and pissed off American business interests by nationalizing many of his country's industries. That eventually led to the CIA backing Pinochet's coup. Just because he was a socialist doesn't mean he was a real threat to this country.

I don't know how you could call Roosevelt's foreign policy 'fascist'. I would, however, call Reagan, Bush Sr, some of Clinton, and certainly Bush Jr.'s policies very fascist. We are once again starting to try and overthrow democratically elected governments in South America that we don't like (Bolivia and Venezuela for instance). Reagan did the same thing in Central America and the Caribbean with his use of both overt and covert wars against governments we didn't like, but certainly posed no threat to us. Reagan and Bush Sr (until 1991) were good friends with Saddam's regime in order to go after the Iranians, until he invaded Kuwait.

What "democratically elected governments" in Central America did Reagan try to overthrow?

 

Well?

 

not all in central america,but we have done it.

 

Panama, Nicaragua, and Chile.

 

In the middle east Iran. Those are off the top of my head.

RONALD REAGAN DID NOT TRY TO OVERTHROW ANY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN CENTRAL AMERICA.

 

FutureGM is clueless about this.

 

I hope he answers.

 

Are you a supporter of Somoza or at least would have liked his regime to continue?

By the way, I just want to add that the McCain and Palin campaign rallies are getting dangerously nasty. People are saying things like "terrorist", "traitor", and "off with his head" when referring to Obama, and neither McCain nor Palin have told those people they're going overboard and are being uncivil. I've seen a few videos of people at those events that say they're absolutely convinced Obama is a terrorist. That is disgusting.

 

You can disagree about policies, but that is just over the top and is completely unacceptable. I fear they may be inciting violence against Obama.

Vote third party...

 

Don't waste your vote on the one party system.

 

You see... this thought is like marxism.

 

 

 

Great idea.

 

 

 

Never on God's earth would it work.

By the way, I just want to add that the McCain and Palin campaign rallies are getting dangerously nasty. People are saying things like "terrorist", "traitor", and "off with his head" when referring to Obama, and neither McCain nor Palin have told those people they're going overboard and are being uncivil. I've seen a few videos of people at those events that say they're absolutely convinced Obama is a terrorist. That is disgusting.

 

You can disagree about policies, but that is just over the top and is completely unacceptable. I fear they may be inciting violence against Obama.

Someone in an audience shouted 'Kill him!' and nobody said anything from on-stage.

RONALD REAGAN DID NOT TRY TO OVERTHROW ANY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN CENTRAL AMERICA.

 

FutureGM is clueless about this.

 

I hope he answers.

 

Are you a supporter of Somoza or at least would have liked his regime to continue?

 

 

Not a supporter but he was "better" than what replaced him. How is your question relevant to the topic at hand which is FutureGM's ignorant comment?

 

Are you a supporter of Ortega?

RONALD REAGAN DID NOT TRY TO OVERTHROW ANY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN CENTRAL AMERICA.

 

FutureGM is clueless about this.

 

I hope he answers.

 

Are you a supporter of Somoza or at least would have liked his regime to continue?

 

 

Not a supporter but he was "better" than what replaced him. How is your question relevant to the topic at hand which is FutureGM's ignorant comment?

 

Are you a supporter of Ortega?

 

No. I am not a supporter of either major party in Nicaragua. They're basically the same. All of them are corrupt.

 

I asked because I was curious.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.