Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Note - 7/19/08 Game-Time Change!

Featured Replies

Got this letter in the mail today:

 

 

Saturday, July 19th game vs the Phillies will now begin at 3:55 PM instead of 7:10 PM.

 

 

Mark you calendars people! Show the Fish some support at home on PRIME TIME TV! :gofish

it is going to be hot as hell but I will be there , hopefully a good sized crowd shows up

Yeah, me too. They sent a letter to the season ticketholders advising us of the time change so I hope everyone shows up.

I don't think a 3:55 start would be considered "prime time" but it's nice to be on national t.v.

Yeah, it sounds like they're switching FROM primetime (7:10) to 3:55. The quoted piece in the first post says the game will "now begin at 3:55 pm instead of 7:10 pm."

it is going to be hot as hell but I will be there , hopefully a good sized crowd shows up

Yeah, me too. They sent a letter to the season ticketholders advising us of the time change so I hope everyone shows up.

 

They did?

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

 

Day games are awesome...

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

 

Day games are awesome...

 

Okay. On the bright side...There is always plenty of room to sit. And leaving after the game is always hassle free.

 

National audience?? Hope they block out the stadium sounds or people will think this game is in Philly.

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

There will probably be over 20,000 there with all the camps they invite to go. I went last year to a weekday day game and the stadium was PACKED with kids.

 

Anyone know what will happen with the concert that was scheduled for this game? Will it still go on as planned?

  • Author

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

There will probably be over 20,000 there with all the camps they invite to go. I went last year to a weekday day game and the stadium was PACKED with kids.

 

Anyone know what will happen with the concert that was scheduled for this game? Will it still go on as planned?

 

Camp day is this Thurs against the rays, game starts at 12:10... And yes the concert is still on.

Finally givin us some love, but I am still waiting for an ESPN game on a sunday. Its been like 4 years since the last one.

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

 

There will probably be over 20,000 there with all the camps they invite to go. I went last year to a weekday day game and the stadium was PACKED with kids.

 

Anyone know what will happen with the concert that was scheduled for this game? Will it still go on as planned?

 

Talking about this Thursday's game?? I didn't realize it was "Camp Day." You are right about that then. It won't be like the Nats game last year. And I am so glad I won't be there. Kids are great and we really enjoy watching them at the games. But that many with limited supervision can be rather, um, butt clenching. If ya know what I mean.

 

I would guess the concert goes on as planned. We finally got the notice and there was no mention of a change in that. Besides, they are starting the game only about 3 hours early. Not that big a deal. Best guess, concert first then the fireworks.

will it be on espn tbs or fox let me know :whistle :thumbup :shifty :whistle :notworthy :mischief :blink: :mis2 :thumbdown :banghead

 

It will be on FOX.

A day game in the middle of July. Brilliant move. What's the give away? Winter coats at the gate and driving into the stadium you get a coupon for 20% off snow tires?

 

Can ya tell I don't care much for day games? Maybe they will change their mind when they see the attendance this Thursday's game is sure to generate.

 

There will probably be over 20,000 there with all the camps they invite to go. I went last year to a weekday day game and the stadium was PACKED with kids.

 

Anyone know what will happen with the concert that was scheduled for this game? Will it still go on as planned?

 

Talking about this Thursday's game?? I didn't realize it was "Camp Day." You are right about that then. It won't be like the Nats game last year. And I am so glad I won't be there. Kids are great and we really enjoy watching them at the games. But that many with limited supervision can be rather, um, butt clenching. If ya know what I mean.

 

I would guess the concert goes on as planned. We finally got the notice and there was no mention of a change in that. Besides, they are starting the game only about 3 hours early. Not that big a deal. Best guess, concert first then the fireworks.

Yeah I am talking about Thursday, actually I think both day games during the Summer are camp days. Last year there was a TON of kids in the upper deck, bullpen seats and fish tank. If you sit infield box you pretty much won't get bugged by the campers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.