Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My last Marlins game...

Featured Replies

Tonight will be the last time I attend a Marlins game for very a long time. On Saturday, I start a new journey in life as I will be leaving for Japan to teach English to little kids for at least 1 year, maybe even 2 or 3 years. Needless to say I'm very excited, but nervous and sad at the same time. One of my most missed things will be my beloved Marlins. Because of the 14-hour time difference, a 7pm Marlins game would start around 9am local time the day after in Japan when I will be at work, so forget mlbtv. I'll still pray and cheer for them as I eagerly rush home after work to check the boxscore. I'll certainly miss the excitement that comes with the playoff chase, but hopefully my cheering and drunken yells after a win will reach across the ocean and allow our Fish to make the playoffs.

 

Anyway, let's all pray the Marlins can win tonight and send me to Japan in a happy mood. Yeah, this whole thing is cheesy and rooting harder won't make them magically win, but you have no idea how happy I would be if they win tonight knowing this will be my last game for a loooong time. GO MARLINS!!!!! :thumbup

 

P.S. If this needs to be moved to another forum, please do so, and I apologize in advance.

Hope all goes well in Japan, and dude, just get TiVO if you can afford it there, and if they have it, or anything similar. And don't worry, the Fish will go bonzai on their foes. Sayonara! (idk if that's the correct transliteration).

Tonight will be the last time I attend a Marlins game for very a long time. On Saturday, I start a new journey in life as I will be leaving for Japan to teach English to little kids for at least 1 year, maybe even 2 or 3 years. Needless to say I'm very excited, but nervous and sad at the same time. One of my most missed things will be my beloved Marlins. Because of the 14-hour time difference, a 7pm Marlins game would start around 9am local time the day after in Japan when I will be at work, so forget mlbtv. I'll still pray and cheer for them as I eagerly rush home after work to check the boxscore. I'll certainly miss the excitement that comes with the playoff chase, but hopefully my cheering and drunken yells after a win will reach across the ocean and allow our Fish to make the playoffs.

 

Anyway, let's all pray the Marlins can win tonight and send me to Japan in a happy mood. Yeah, this whole thing is cheesy and rooting harder won't make them magically win, but you have no idea how happy I would be if they win tonight knowing this will be my last game for a loooong time. GO MARLINS!!!!! :thumbup

 

P.S. If this needs to be moved to another forum, please do so, and I apologize in advance.

 

Good luck. And don't forget to check up some Japanese baseball games

Tonight will be the last time I attend a Marlins game for very a long time. On Saturday, I start a new journey in life as I will be leaving for Japan to teach English to little kids for at least 1 year, maybe even 2 or 3 years. Needless to say I'm very excited, but nervous and sad at the same time. One of my most missed things will be my beloved Marlins. Because of the 14-hour time difference, a 7pm Marlins game would start around 9am local time the day after in Japan when I will be at work, so forget mlbtv. I'll still pray and cheer for them as I eagerly rush home after work to check the boxscore. I'll certainly miss the excitement that comes with the playoff chase, but hopefully my cheering and drunken yells after a win will reach across the ocean and allow our Fish to make the playoffs.

 

Anyway, let's all pray the Marlins can win tonight and send me to Japan in a happy mood. Yeah, this whole thing is cheesy and rooting harder won't make them magically win, but you have no idea how happy I would be if they win tonight knowing this will be my last game for a loooong time. GO MARLINS!!!!! :thumbup

 

P.S. If this needs to be moved to another forum, please do so, and I apologize in advance.

 

Good luck.

 

If you can afford it, you could watch replays on MLB.TV.

Good luck and stay safe. Keep your love for the Marlins and teach some of the kids over there to root for the Marlins, instead of those nasty Yankees and nasty Red Sox. :thumbup

Good luck and stay safe. Keep your love for the Marlins and teach some of the kids over there to root for the Marlins, instead of those nasty Yankees and nasty Red Sox. :thumbup

 

Yes remember you're secondary mission is to convert these kids to Marlins fans. Their first words in English:

 

LET'S GO FISH

  • Author

I just got back from celebrating and drinking, I have no voice left, but damn do I feel good. The crowd was ELECTRIC tonight, at least where I was sitting in the OF reserve. It may not have been the most dramatic of games I've been to, but this is certainly one of the best I've been to. I will certainly remember it forever as I had a great time with my friends and witnessed our Fish beat the Mutts.

 

Thanks for all the wishes everybody! GO FISH!!!!!

From what I've read regarding the English Teaching thing in Japan....hehehehe

 

also with mlb.tv you can watch an archived game, so, you can still watch the game, just not live, but it's still just like watching it, just act like it's live :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.