Dan Uggla

The injury has nothing to do with it. It was his embarrassing performance at the All-Star game that destroyed his confidence.

Seriously. I don't buy a whole lot into "emotions" of the game, but a performance like that could shatter a man's demeanor. He said it didn't phase him, but I don't buy it for a minute.

i refuse to believe that his performance in the All-Star game is the main reason for his poor play of late

so ur telling me every time hes at the plate hes thinking "f*** this game....if only i hadnt struck out 3 times at Yankee Stadium..."

or when he ran through a stop sign the other day or attempted a steal in the bottom of the 9th in wotever game it was a couple of weeks ago that hes thinking "oh god i bobbled the ball a couple times at the AS game that resulted in errors"

That's the great thing about America; you are free to believe whatever you want! Let me break it down for you. Since his traumatic experience in the All Star Game, Uggla's been in a fog. He's like a guy who's shell shocked. He's going through the motions, but mentally he's not there. He's doubting his own ability, and I would not be surprised if he's even questioning whether he belongs in baseball at all. He doesn't trust his own baseball instincts anymore, and he's THINKING way too much out there, rather than just playing the game. Like I said, it's not just his hitting, but also his fielding, his base running, his decision making; his whole game is f*cked up right now. I hope he snaps out of it, but he might not. He might need professional help. Anyway, like I said, America is a beautiful country and that's MY opinion about Uggla; you are entitled to yours.

Yeah, America is a great country, too bad he lives in Scotland. :lol

Regardless, I agree with you 100%. Poor performances like this don't just happen out of nowhere. It's much too intense to be an injury (and btw, if it were an injury, don't you think Dan would tell everyone he thinks it's causing his poor performance?).

I think the dude is messed up mentally. The mind is a powerful thing.

It's naive to think it's not possible just because it "sounds funny". It is a very realistic possibility.

and what is wrong with Scotland?

much better country than yours will ever be, and i love going to america

Woah, Woah, Woah. You've got the wrong idea here, lol. I wasn't putting Scotland down at all. The reason I said it was because Ligero was saying "Oh, well since we're in America you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine" etc.

Don't want to start World War III over here :p

Really? I don't see on ANY #'s on ANY of your posts, in this thread.

If you're so tired of the "I'm never wrong" attitude (whatever the hell that means) then you can just skip by my posts, and listen to what everyone else has to say.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of your changing opinions attitude. :rolleyes: Like for example...the "Kevin Gregg blowin' ur ballgamez" sig disappeared quickly, since he's saved 13 of 14, after the sig was created.

Everyone on this board including me, has a flaw in their posting. And that includes you. So, yeah, "I'll leave it at that..." as well.

Ok, then maybe you should check again.

Post 15 of the thread

You're incorrect. "Coming back to life" would mean he is doing what he has done before in his career. What he is doing now is just complete suckage, and would probably be characterized as a slump. A slump can last for two months in my estimation.

Super Dan (pre ASB Dan): .300/.380/.600

Normal Dan ("Back to earth Dan"): .260/.330/.500

Suckage Dan (now Dan/slump Dan): .189/.298/.336

And another thing, I didn't change my opinion on Kevin Gregg. I've never liked him, and I still don't. It disappeared quickly because I had to change my sig because of a shameful sig bet lost with Rab :( . While he has done well lately, that still doesn't change my opinion of him. He blew some critical games for us at the time I had it up.

Yes, but Super Dan + Suckage Dan ends up balancing out into Normal Dan...which is what I mean when I say "coming back to Earth." He's an all or nothing hitter, as in he has great power (especially for the position he plays), but he also has a long swing, which result in plenty of K's, as well. All in all, that results into a streaky hitter, and Uggla has traditionally been better in the 1st half, than he has in the 2nd half.

Anyways, the Kevin Gregg comment was sarcasm, for what it's worth. Hence the :rolleyes: emoticon.

Also...what was the bet with Rab? :mischief

If you're so tired of the "I'm never wrong" attitude (whatever the hell that means) then you can just skip by my posts, and listen to what everyone else has to say.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of your changing opinions attitude. :rolleyes: Like for example...the "Kevin Gregg blowin' ur ballgamez" sig disappeared quickly, since he's saved 13 of 14, after the sig was created.

Everyone on this board including me, has a flaw in their posting. And that includes you. So, yeah, "I'll leave it at that..." as well.

Post 15 of the thread

You're incorrect. "Coming back to life" would mean he is doing what he has done before in his career. What he is doing now is just complete suckage, and would probably be characterized as a slump. A slump can last for two months in my estimation.

And another thing, I didn't change my opinion on Kevin Gregg. I've never liked him, and I still don't. It disappeared quickly because I had to change my sig because of a shameful sig bet lost with Rab :( . While he has done well lately, that still doesn't change my opinion of him. He blew some critical games for us at the time I had it up.

Yes, but Super Dan + Suckage Dan ends up balancing out into Normal Dan...which is what I mean when I say "coming back to Earth." He's an all or nothing hitter, as in he has great power (especially for the position he plays), but he also has a long swing, which result in plenty of K's, as well. All in all, that results into a streaky hitter, and Uggla has traditionally been better in the 1st half, than he has in the 2nd half.

Anyways, the Kevin Gregg comment was sarcasm, for what it's worth. Hence the :rolleyes: emoticon.

We will likely never get the kind of power output at 2B we are getting out of Uggla ever again. That said, his plate discipline has always left something to be desired, and considering he is almost 30 already, I doubt that will change. He is what he is. See ball, hit ball, or whatever it was he said.

We will likely never get the kind of power output at 2B we are getting out of Uggla ever again. That said, his plate discipline has always left something to be desired, and considering he is almost 30 already, I doubt that will change. He is what he is. See ball, hit ball, or whatever it was he said.

Post 15 of the thread

Ah ok. I guess it was just a misunderstanding then. I didn't know what your definition of "Coming back to earth was".

And as far as the sig bet goes...

Me and Rab had a sig bet that Chase Utley would have better numbers at the All-Star break than Dan Uggla. Well, actually, it was at the point the voting ended. I chose Chase, he chose Dan. Who could blame me? lol.

Anyway, Rab won by a hair and I had to wear a sig that said something to the extent of "I was wrong, Rab was right, Cooley Wins"...etc.

:blush

oh well

Post 15 of the thread

Ah ok. I guess it was just a misunderstanding then. I didn't know what your definition of "Coming back to earth was".

And as far as the sig bet goes...

Me and Rab had a sig bet that Chase Utley would have better numbers at the All-Star break than Dan Uggla. Well, actually, it was at the point the voting ended. I chose Chase, he chose Dan. Who could blame me? lol.

Anyway, Rab won by a hair and I had to wear a sig that said something to the extent of "I was wrong, Rab was right, Cooley Wins"...etc.

:blush

oh well

Woah, Woah, Woah. You've got the wrong idea here, lol. I wasn't putting Scotland down at all. The reason I said it was because Ligero was saying "Oh, well since we're in America you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine" etc.

lol i now see wot u mean

sorry for missinterpreting and going on the offensive but i gotta defend my country! haha

lol i now see wot u mean

sorry for missinterpreting and going on the offensive but i gotta defend my country! haha

Not sure why you guys are so tough on Uggla.

He is what he is. A power hitter. He is going to hit a lot of homers, drive in a lot of runs. As far at plate production he is one of the better 2b in the game. I never really saw him as a guy who would hit a lot for average. I can tell you that a lot of teams wouldn't mind him in their lineup, as all it takes is one mistake, and he knocks the cover off of the ball.

I think the Marlins lineup has the same types of issues as the Phillies lineup, and that is why it seems to be feast or famine (much like the Phillies). A lot of guys that can hit a bunch of homers, and not enough guys who simply get hits, and get on base a lot.

The fortunate thing for all 3 teams (Marlins, Phillies, and Mets) There are flaws on the teams, that will keep the division competitive to the last week of the season.

The unfortunate thing for all 3 teams, I don't feel any are complete enough to do much in the playoffs.

He is what he is. A power hitter. He is going to hit a lot of homers, drive in a lot of runs. As far at plate production he is one of the better 2b in the game. I never really saw him as a guy who would hit a lot for average. I can tell you that a lot of teams wouldn't mind him in their lineup, as all it takes is one mistake, and he knocks the cover off of the ball.

I think the Marlins lineup has the same types of issues as the Phillies lineup, and that is why it seems to be feast or famine (much like the Phillies). A lot of guys that can hit a bunch of homers, and not enough guys who simply get hits, and get on base a lot.

The fortunate thing for all 3 teams (Marlins, Phillies, and Mets) There are flaws on the teams, that will keep the division competitive to the last week of the season.

The unfortunate thing for all 3 teams, I don't feel any are complete enough to do much in the playoffs.

If you never saw him as a guy that can hit for average, you never saw him play in the minors.

If you never saw him as a guy that can hit for average, you never saw him play in the minors.

as much as i keep hearing on these threads about how uggla sucks i refuse to believe he's a bad player. somethings bothering him whether it be ASG, overworked/tired, or changed mentality at the plate. this is not the same uggla us marlins fans are used to seeing!

He doesn't suck. He just came back to Earth.

ya but just cause a guys overacheiving doesnt mean hes supposed to be playing worst, maybe hes just not making the adjustments.

That's why he was overachieving, in the first place. Pitchers HAVE made adjustments...and Dan Uggla hasn't (he never really has). Uggla is an all or nothing hitter, and those types of players can carry you for some time, and they can also go on major slumps.

ya ur right if he could adjust to the off speed he would be a way more productive hitter

Evidently this thread is to slam on Uggla. But you can replace his name with anyone else on the team and it wouldn't change. Pitchers have adjusted to the team and the team hasn't readjusted.

as much as i keep hearing on these threads about how uggla sucks i refuse to believe he's a bad player. somethings bothering him whether it be ASG, overworked/tired, or changed mentality at the plate. this is not the same uggla us marlins fans are used to seeing!

He doesn't suck. He just came back to Earth.

ya but just cause a guys overacheiving doesnt mean hes supposed to be playing worst, maybe hes just not making the adjustments.

That's why he was overachieving, in the first place. Pitchers HAVE made adjustments...and Dan Uggla hasn't (he never really has). Uggla is an all or nothing hitter, and those types of players can carry you for some time, and they can also go on major slumps.

ya ur right if he could adjust to the off speed he would be a way more productive hitter

Evidently this thread is to slam on Uggla. But you can replace his name with anyone else on the team and it wouldn't change. Pitchers have adjusted to the team and the team hasn't readjusted.

A much easier feat in the Minors, than the majors.

A much easier feat in the Minors, than the majors.

[

A team that relied almost entirely on homeruns and strikes out too much gets tired near the end of the season and balls that would have been out earlier are now fly outs. Our offense with less power is a lineup with no contact and that strikes out way too much.

[

A team that relied almost entirely on homeruns and strikes out too much gets tired near the end of the season and balls that would have been out earlier are now fly outs. Our offense with less power is a lineup with no contact and that strikes out way too much.

Power numbers are nice, but I bet if you look, a large percentage of home runs hit by this team are solo home runs. And quite frankly, solo home runs do not hurt the opposing team much at all. This should be quite clear by looking at individual players on this team. There are guys with a lot of home runs, but no one is even at 80 RBI right now. Heck, this team might not even have a single guy with 90 RBI by the time the season ends. You need guys to get on base, period. A three run home run is better than a solo home run any day of the week.

Power numbers are nice, but I bet if you look, a large percentage of home runs hit by this team are solo home runs. And quite frankly, solo home runs do not hurt the opposing team much at all. This should be quite clear by looking at individual players on this team. There are guys with a lot of home runs, but no one is even at 80 RBI right now. Heck, this team might not even have a single guy with 90 RBI by the time the season ends. You need guys to get on base, period. A three run home run is better than a solo home run any day of the week.

u gotta be kidding me! seriously!!!???

u gotta be kidding me! seriously!!!???