Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can money buy happiness?

Featured Replies

It can but at the same time it doesn't, having massive amounts of money can buy you things that could make you happy, but it also tends to alienate the person with the money, so in all honesty it depends on your definition of happiness.

Money CAN buy happiness! Money has bought lots of happiness for me.

yes, just go ask Ivanka Trump. She married, made sure Donald didn't get a pre nupt, and took over $100 million from him, and she lives very happy now.

I asked a friend recently and wanted to know the opinions of others.

 

It can sometimes buy temporary happiness, IMO. :whistle

I asked a friend recently and wanted to know the opinions of others.

 

It can sometimes buy temporary happiness, IMO. :whistle .

I blame money for all the problems of the world.

 

I blame Kevin Gregg.

Retail therapy! :thumbup

Oh Hell No!

 

Why do you think there are so many VH1 and MTV Specials??

 

I guess it would depend on your definition of happiness.

 

 

If you believe happiness is surrounding yourself with material wealth, then your answer would be yes.

 

But, does your tricked out car feed your soul? Does your million dollar mansion talk to you? Do all those Benjamins stir your heart?

 

A quick, true story:

Several years ago, my hubby came to help me on a teacher's workday at my school. He left to go do an errand and then was on his way home. A couple of hours later, I got a phone call from him saying, "Honey, I'm ok." I said, "What are you OK from?" He told me he had a 'little' accident while on his motorcycle but that he was on his way home. I tried to get him to stay where he was but he was determined to come home.

 

When he arrived home, he limped up the steps to our home. I could see his jacket sleeve shredded and so was his pant leg. I cannot even begin to tell you of the deep gouges in his helmet. He told me he ran into an oil slick at an intersection and had to put his bike down or he would have been killed by the cross traffic. Still stubbornly refusing to go to the hospital, he told me he was on his way to buy a lottery ticket.

 

I kissed him and told him not to bother. I said, "I've already won the Lottery." He was alive and would recover from his injuries.

 

Trust me- no amount of money could have made me happy if something were to happen to someone I love.

nope, neither can location or people. You have to enjoy yourself and where you are to be happy.

I don't think money can buy happiness but debt can ruin your life. Stay out of debt, do what you love and stop and smell the roses. The journey is the reward.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.