Four Teams Inquire About Hermida

Admin

Am I the only one who believes that Martin isa actually the type of player that would fit rigt in and take this team to the next level? I say if he is available, Beinfest would jump at the chance of getting him as long as he keeps JJ, Nolasco, Volsted and Miller out of trade discussions

I think it depends on Martin's contract situation, which I'm not familiar with. But if it's something reasonable that we'll be able to handle, I would love to have him at a reasonable rate. Like I've said many times, one guy I'd have no problem moving that could be a big trading piece would be Anibal, and we could maybe build a trade around that (granted I don't think Anibal may be enough of a centerpiece for Martin).

BUT, if his asking price is really out there, I really do like John Baker, and I think he'll do just fine. But when an opportunity like Martin comes along, you have to take a look at it.

Id love to have jake peavey the mans a beast, his era in the past 2 years has been in the 2's. Im lettin uggla and hermi go for him and another guy. Four of the seven years hes pitched/started in the majors hes had an era in the 2's i think.

I like martin too he can hit and play d. Dont know if im giving up uggla for him though cause i really like baker and i really dont know if Martin would really throw out many more guys than baker cause our pitchers are slow as hell to the plate.

I want to keep Hermida. I think he's still got potential, and keeping him for one more year (to see if he can amount to anything) wouldn't be a bad idea. I wish more teams were interested in Willingham, 'cause there's someone I'd like to see go.

Agreed, but that's the same reason people are looking to trade for Hermida and not Willingham. With his injury concerns and age, I doubt we would get much of a return for Willingham so they are probably better off keeping him, I have no issues with him being our left fielder in a year where we will contend.

I want to keep Hermida. I think he's still got potential, and keeping him for one more year (to see if he can amount to anything) wouldn't be a bad idea. I wish more teams were interested in Willingham, 'cause there's someone I'd like to see go.

Agreed, but that's the same reason people are looking to trade for Hermida and not Willingham. With his injury concerns and age, I doubt we would get much of a return for Willingham so they are probably better off keeping him, I have no issues with him being our left fielder in a year where we will contend.

My problem with keeping Hammer is his health, and seemingly unwillingness to get it corrected.

My problem with keeping Hammer is his health, and seemingly unwillingness to get it corrected.

Yea, it seems like it's almost a neccessity to go out and get another Luis Gonzalez-type 4th outfielder again this off-season as an insurance policy. That is, unless, they think Brett Carroll can be that guy (and I believe he definitely can).

Are you suggesting that Hammer is going against doctors orders?

Are you suggesting that Hammer is going against doctors orders?

Before the season ended I read an article (PBP, I think) that quoted him as saying doctors had told him he needed to have surgery. He is opting for rest and exercise instead. Just like last off season. It didn't really get into specifics like the probablity of full recovery or anything, so I don't know the full story. What I do know is that a few times I commented that he was looking like his back was bothering him (way he was walking and acting between innings) towards the end of the season and I was bashed pretty good for it by the Hammer fans.

Up until this year Ross had consistent hammy problems. Last off season he underwent experimental therapy for it. Had to get special permission from the team to do it. That apparently worked out very well for him. Not saying it is the same thing. Just that if there is a chance you can better your reliabilty, and thusly your value to the team and your own future, you should opt for it.

Yea, it seems like it's almost a neccessity to go out and get another Luis Gonzalez-type 4th outfielder again this off-season as an insurance policy. That is, unless, they think Brett Carroll can be that guy (and I believe he definitely can).

I think he can too. And to a slight lesser degree, Scott Cousins. Plus we need to wait and see if De Aza gets picked up by someone. Seems like he is always "the forgotten one."

I think he can too. And to a slight lesser degree, Scott Cousins. Plus we need to wait and see if De Aza gets picked up by someone. Seems like he is always "the forgotten one."

I wouldn't like to have De Aza on this team next season. He just doesn't fit in. Carroll, I think, would be just fine as our 4th ourfielder.