Obama's Cabinet/Staff Tracking and Discussion

FreshFish

early speculation on the media (names being thrown around)

Chief of Staff.... R Emanuel

Sec of Defense.... Robert Gates (current), Richard Danzig, Chuck Hagel, John Kerry

Sec of Treasury... Timothy Geithner, W Buffet (wrong choice)

Sec of State...

Danzig would be good. Warren Buffet is a genius, so I would like him in that position, but he's got too many assets and, thus, too many conflicts.

My personal hope is Richardson for Sec of State. I do think that Hillary is a very real possibility.

Funny! I've been thinking that at their 'secret' meeting, Barack basically said, "Look, Hillary-if you back off and help me win this election, you can pick any Cabinet seat you want." And that's what I think will happen.

Has anyone heard anything about Sec. of Education? God help us if the Rudy Crew rumor is true.

lol Can't be true. However, I would say that I think he was unfairly blamed for a lot of things. He's not very nice, though, that's for sure.

Unfairly blamed? Honey- we don't know the half of the shenanigans that were going on.

But, I still believe those were rumors.

Barack is too smart to go south now.

John Kerry? Excuse me while I :lol .

As for Emanuel...

Rahm Emanuel has been described as a street fighter with a killer instinct?as explosive, profane, wired and ruthless?sometimes as a compliment, sometimes not. But no one has ever cast him in the role of elder statesman, at least up until now. Emanuel, a 48-year-old congressman who grew up, somewhat weirdly, to study ballet and practice Chicagopolitics, has generally adapted to his situation in a combative, not diplomatic, manner. As an indifferent high-school student, he badly cut his finger on the beef-slicing machine at Arby's. That night, after his high-school prom, he jumped into Lake Michigan. The tip of his finger became infected and he nearly died. Ever since, Emanuel has relished raising his hacked-off middle figure at his foes. In conversation with almost anyone about anything, Emanuel uses the F word like a sergeant in a World War II motor pool.

He also kept Mark Foley's "inappropriate" internet exchanges with other congressional male staffers under wraps for about a year.

Sounds like a great choice.

:rolleyes:

As for Emanuel...

Rahm Emanuel has been described as a street fighter with a killer instinct?as explosive, profane, wired and ruthless?sometimes as a compliment, sometimes not. But no one has ever cast him in the role of elder statesman, at least up until now. Emanuel, a 48-year-old congressman who grew up, somewhat weirdly, to study ballet and practice Chicagopolitics, has generally adapted to his situation in a combative, not diplomatic, manner. As an indifferent high-school student, he badly cut his finger on the beef-slicing machine at Arby's. That night, after his high-school prom, he jumped into Lake Michigan. The tip of his finger became infected and he nearly died. Ever since, Emanuel has relished raising his hacked-off middle figure at his foes. In conversation with almost anyone about anything, Emanuel uses the F word like a sergeant in a World War II motor pool.

He also kept Mark Foley's "inappropriate" internet exchanges with other congressional male staffers under wraps for about a year.

Rahm Emanuel is a joke. I'm really stunned this choice, seriously I wonder if the Emanuel family have something on Obama for him to be given this role so quickly. The guy is a shark and just smells like your typical scumbag politician who would kill a puppy for a vote or a dollar.

As for Emanuel...

Rahm Emanuel is a joke. I'm really stunned this choice, seriously I wonder if the Emanuel family have something on Obama for him to be given this role so quickly. The guy is a shark and just smells like your typical scumbag politician who would kill a puppy for a vote or a dollar.

It's not official yet. Apparently he hasn't accepted the position yet.