Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/15 Post Game

Featured Replies

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

That looks to be one of his biggest weaknesses. I believe that 3-2 pitch he chased with the bases loaded was a high fastball.

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

He's coming back to life...........real soon.

 

Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball.

 

The problem? Nothing has changed.

Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk.

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

He's coming back to life...........real soon.

 

Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball.

 

The problem? Nothing has changed.

Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk.

 

I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little.

Whoever that guy was wearing #42 today.

AMAZING job by him.

 

 

I agree,

 

you know, that #42 also did suck. I mean #42 also gave up 10 runs to those MARLINS ;)

Would have given up more if #42 hadn't recorded those 27 outs

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

He's coming back to life...........real soon.

 

Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball.

 

The problem? Nothing has changed.

Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk.

 

I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little.

 

When you're hitting .500, you don't get many chances TO walk.

 

I'd rather him hit a pitch he can hit, then let it go by and try to take a walk.

 

I'm not saying I don't want him walking more, obviously that's a concern. But you can't really talk about the 8 game sample being against that when he's absolutely torched the ball.

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

That looks to be one of his biggest weaknesses. I believe that 3-2 pitch he chased with the bases loaded was a high fastball.

 

Pretty positive most of his K's this series have come off of it, and it seems to be what the Braves pitchers are feeding him the most.

 

But that's what being a ML hitter is about. Make the adjustment, learn to hit it, and make them find the next weakness. :cool

Boni's weakness does seem to be that high fastball (and almost anything off the plate). He's been able to foul a ton of balls off that are out of the zone but he can't reach that high fastball so he just gets air.

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

He's coming back to life...........real soon.

 

Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball.

 

The problem? Nothing has changed.

Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk.

 

I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little.

 

When you're hitting .500, you don't get many chances TO walk.

 

I'd rather him hit a pitch he can hit, then let it go by and try to take a walk.

 

I'm not saying I don't want him walking more, obviously that's a concern. But you can't really talk about the 8 game sample being against that when he's absolutely torched the ball.

 

That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

He's coming back to life...........real soon.

 

Fact is, that average won't stay that way. Scouting reports are now out on him. He chases the high fastball.

 

The problem? Nothing has changed.

Once the average goes down, the .OBP will likely go down. He has drawn 1 walk.

 

I think this is right, sadly. He doesn't seem to see that many pitches, although I'm not sure what the actual numbers are. But 1 walk in 8 games won't do. He'll be lucky to end up with a .300 OBP if he walks that little.

 

When you're hitting .500, you don't get many chances TO walk.

 

I'd rather him hit a pitch he can hit, then let it go by and try to take a walk.

 

I'm not saying I don't want him walking more, obviously that's a concern. But you can't really talk about the 8 game sample being against that when he's absolutely torched the ball.

 

That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].

That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].

 

Basically. And his Ks were very low until tonight lol. And he has walked a good amount in the majors so far. My main focus before was his line against RHP, that he will be decent against them. Currently has a ML line of .282/.347/.376, which IMO is around what to expect out of him against RHP, with a 0.49 BB/K and has walked 9.7% of the time (which is a good amount).

 

Something to keep in mind regarding his walks is how many LHP he has faced. He has just 1 career ML walk against LHP, and they amount to 33% of the PAs he has this year (A normal season is, like, 20%). He walked the same amount of times against LHP as he did agaisnt RHP in the minors though, so hopefully that'll even out at the ML level.

That's a fair point. I guess I'm just going back to the same discussion: eventually the BA will normalize somewhat, and if he has trouble getting BB like he did in the minors, he'll be in some trouble. I hope he keeps improving his K/BB, which is what (I believe) you mentioned in his thread [referring to the last few years].

 

Basically. And his Ks were very low until tonight lol. And he has walked a good amount in the majors so far. My main focus before was his line against RHP, that he will be decent against them. Currently has a ML line of .282/.347/.376, which IMO is around what to expect out of him against RHP, with a 0.49 BB/K and has walked 9.7% of the time (which is a good amount).

 

Something to keep in mind regarding his walks is how many LHP he has faced. He has just 1 career ML walk against LHP, and they amount to 33% of the PAs he has this year (A normal season is, like, 20%). He walked the same amount of times against LHP as he did agaisnt RHP in the minors though, so hopefully that'll even out at the ML level.

 

I'm not really adding anything, but just want to acknowledge good stuff [to keep in mind] :thumbup

To think I was actually feeling alright about Miller for a few innings...

 

...he made sure that feeling didn't last long.

To think I was actually feeling alright about Miller for a few innings...

 

...he made sure that feeling didn't last long.

I don't think it was that bad for his first start in like 2 weeks. He's barely pitched at all.

 

Changeup looked good.

Really solid and professional AB by Ross Gload to walk in the winning run, BTW.

He's looked pretty good in all his AB so far, actually.

Really solid and professional AB by Ross Gload to walk in the winning run, BTW.

 

 

And, for as bad as our BP might be, atleast we know we're better than the braves' lol.

I vote for Bonifacio. 4 K's... thats good right?

 

Castillo-esque, if you ask me. :batman

 

The high fastball is really getting to him...

 

 

Yes it is. He really needs to work on that. But I have no doubt Presley will be giving him some extra time. He's done a pretty good job with the other guys taking the ball the other way with 2 strikes. Couple that with Boni's work ethic and I believe this works itself out sooner rather than later.

 

There is something with this 7-1 record that is going completely unnoticed so far. The defense (glove) the SPs are showing. Very nice job.

 

One other thing. No one has even mentioned Bo's name. When the 3B coach's name isn't mentioned it means he is doing a good job. And I have noticed alot of the players looking his way and doing what he says so far this season.

To think I was actually feeling alright about Miller for a few innings...

 

...he made sure that feeling didn't last long.

I don't think it was that bad for his first start in like 2 weeks. He's barely pitched at all.

 

Changeup looked good.

 

Looked like he just tired out. It was his first start and he didn't get that much work out of the pen. Those long fly balls in the 1st had me concerned, but then he settled down. And then those long fly balls came back in the 5th. Another start or two and I think he will be getting into the 6th and 7th with little to no problems. He does look like he is getting very comfortable with that new delivery.

 

I'm starting to change my opinion on Baker as well. Doing alot better defensively. Staying down on balls in the dirt (big, big deal) and calling a nice game. Still not doing well on dirt balls to either side, but he is showing improvement. He's nearing the "average" defensive catcher, IMO. I was always concerened he couldn't do it, now it appears he can and is learning it. Nice job. Tip of the cap to you Baker defenders.

Really solid and professional AB by Ross Gload to walk in the winning run, BTW.

He's looked pretty good in all his AB so far, actually.

 

I became an instant Gload fan when I saw him in that last ST game. He made a couple plays at 1B that I hadn't seen a Marlins 1B make since the DLee days. And he did them confidently, if you know what I mean. If this guy were taller (something I really like in a 1B, along with being a lefty) he may have been a GGer. But that was just first impressions.

Uggla had a very nice game. I was happy to see Cody get a hit and drive in a run. The bullpen shut down the Braves offense. Miller did a decent job.

 

All in all, a Marlins win!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.