Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cantu held out with sore left wrist

Featured Replies

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

He'll only be traded if we are out of the hunt. I can't see us trading him if we are still in it.

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

He'll only be traded if we are out of the hunt. I can't see us trading him if we are still in it.

 

 

But what if an offer comes that we can't refuse? I think beinfest would do it.

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

He'll only be traded if we are out of the hunt. I can't see us trading him if we are still in it.

 

 

But what if an offer comes that we can't refuse? I think beinfest would do it.

I doubt it, not in a playoff push.

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

He'll only be traded if we are out of the hunt. I can't see us trading him if we are still in it.

 

 

But what if an offer comes that we can't refuse? I think beinfest would do it.

I doubt it, not in a playoff push.

 

Well, unless two of Gaby/Bonifacio/Coghlan are absolutely excelling. And then, it'd probably require either an insanely good deal from a contending team desperate for a second baseman with pop; or, if we have an injury, especially to a pitcher, and a team can give us a package with a capable starter for today plus prospects.

Just for kicks, say the Pedroia goes down and Miller's injury lingers. I could foresee a situation, for example, if the FO feels okay with an EB/HanRam/Coghlan/Sanchez infield if that means adding a starter like Brad Penny for the stretch run.

 

I mean, this situation is obviously highly unlikely, but I wouldn't complete rule out an Uggla trade, even if we are still in contention.

Crap Cantu's bat is huge for us. Oh well Gload is a lefty so i guess we go the lefty right thing going for us.

For Uggla, I mean this is his last year. Honestley, I wouldn't be suprised If we traded him before the trade deadline.

 

As for Cantu, I can see him staying for one more year.

He'll only be traded if we are out of the hunt. I can't see us trading him if we are still in it.

 

 

But what if an offer comes that we can't refuse? I think beinfest would do it.

I doubt it, not in a playoff push.

 

Well, unless two of Gaby/Bonifacio/Coghlan are absolutely excelling. And then, it'd probably require either an insanely good deal from a contending team desperate for a second baseman with pop; or, if we have an injury, especially to a pitcher, and a team can give us a package with a capable starter for today plus prospects.

Just for kicks, say the Pedroia goes down and Miller's injury lingers. I could foresee a situation, for example, if the FO feels okay with an EB/HanRam/Coghlan/Sanchez infield if that means adding a starter like Brad Penny for the stretch run.

 

I mean, this situation is obviously highly unlikely, but I wouldn't complete rule out an Uggla trade, even if we are still in contention.

Brad Penny is not a star.Adding him and giving up Uggla will not benefit us.I want to keep Uggla and stop being such a cheap team, thank you very much.

You missed the whole point. I'm not saying Penny is a star. I'm just laying out a circumstance where we might be comfortable without Uggla but need a starting pitcher, so we get a guy like Penny + prospects. Just an example. An Uggla will not be a good investment for this team after this year, especially considering that his trade should help replenish our SP depth either way, via veterans or prospects.

You missed the whole point. I'm not saying Penny is a star. I'm just laying out a circumstance where we might be comfortable without Uggla but need a starting pitcher, so we get a guy like Penny + prospects. Just an example. An Uggla will not be a good investment for this team after this year, especially considering that his trade should help replenish our SP depth either way, via veterans or prospects.

We could get the same performance out of pitchers we already have.Doesn't make sense.Who will replace Uggla's power, Coghlan?.Good luck with that one.

You missed the whole point. I'm not saying Penny is a star. I'm just laying out a circumstance where we might be comfortable without Uggla but need a starting pitcher, so we get a guy like Penny + prospects. Just an example. An Uggla will not be a good investment for this team after this year, especially considering that his trade should help replenish our SP depth either way, via veterans or prospects.

We could get the same performance out of pitchers we already have.Doesn't make sense.Who will replace Uggla's power, Coghlan?.Good luck with that one.

 

Have you passed the 3rd grade yet? I said if we had INJURIES to our starting pitching, like Miller. Then, we would need a pitcher. And there are pitchers out there who are better than Penny, if you don't like him. He's certainly better than Badenhop et. al, but that's another story. Learn to read, please. kthxbye

You missed the whole point. I'm not saying Penny is a star. I'm just laying out a circumstance where we might be comfortable without Uggla but need a starting pitcher, so we get a guy like Penny + prospects. Just an example. An Uggla will not be a good investment for this team after this year, especially considering that his trade should help replenish our SP depth either way, via veterans or prospects.

We could get the same performance out of pitchers we already have.Doesn't make sense.Who will replace Uggla's power, Coghlan?.Good luck with that one.

 

Have you passed the 3rd grade yet? I said if we had INJURIES to our starting pitching, like Miller. Then, we would need a pitcher. And there are pitchers out there who are better than Penny, if you don't like him. He's certainly better than Badenhop et. al, but that's another story. Learn to read, please. kthxbye

Balah blah blah, lets keep Uggla.Just blindfolded theories from you.

Please change the lineup. Hanley gets nothing to hit when Gload is the one on deck. Move Uggla, Hermida or Ross up to the clean up spot.

Yeah it doesnt make a whole of sense why Fredi keeps batting Hermida so low when he's getting on base a lot. If he really believes in "line up chemistry" then he really is an idiot. There is no such thing in baseball.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.