May 26, 200917 yr ^^ Nice User Name :lol lol I do what I can... Wes isn't an every day player. That's how you see it. But I agree, there's no way to defend Bonifacio being in there with both bench players playing better than him. lol well Bonifacio isn't an everyday player neither but it hasn't stopped them from playing him sadly, and Wes has been a starter in the past, and is fully heallthy! I don't see why not! He is not worse then Bonifacio lol infact he's a major upgrade! It's like if we had traded for a 3b lol
May 26, 200917 yr lol john kruk blasting victorino on BBTN i got a feeling shane is gonna have a good game tommorrow
May 26, 200917 yr Man, when Wes was up with two on early I was listening on the radio and said to myself "this mother f***er is going to pop up to the 2nd baseman". Good to see Wes Helms forgot he is Wes Helms for a night.
May 26, 200917 yr Even though I voted for Wes as being the Fish of the game, beating Moyer was the highlight of the night! Hopefully they get the winning feeling again and things get back on track. Keep it up boys!
May 26, 200917 yr Player of the game: Charlie Manuel (not a player, but you get the point), for sending Victorino when he was down by 2 runs and the batter (Stairs) was brought in with the sole purpose of tying the game with a homer haha, I know! That was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. I highly doubt Manuel sent him, he went on his own Yes, Victorino said "It was a stupid mistake" after the game so it does seem that he went on his own.
May 26, 200917 yr Great Job Tonight Boys. Volstad pitched well(with the exception of Ryan Howard) and Bullpen shut them down. Fish of the game definatley goes to Helms for stepping up and showing us how to hit Jamie Moyer! This Proves we do not need Bonerf***face out there. We could use Helms at 3B vs LHP and 40 % of Righty Pitchers and Coghlan starting at 3rd vs the other 60 % of RHP. Lineup vs LHP Coghlan LF Hermida RF Hanley SS Cantu 1B Helms 3B Uggla 2B Ross CF Paulino C Vs RHP Coghlan 3B Hermida LF Hanley SS Cantu 1B Baker C Uggla 2B Gload RF Cody CF
May 26, 200917 yr Great win. I voted for Wes Helms, but you can't argue with what Volstad did out there. The guy seems to keep coming up with quality starts or near quality starts, he just doesn't let a game get out of hand. JJ and Volstad have been real studs in this rotation this season and have been since they joined the Marlins in the middle of last season. They're a real joy to watch. As for tomorrow, I really hope Coghlan is back in the leadoff position and I'd like to see Helms get another game as well. Of course, with Blanton pitching, Baker is going to be back in the lineup and you can't hit him in the 8 hole so the lineup will have to change somewhat. If Bonifacio does play though, he needs to go down to that 8 hole.
May 26, 200917 yr I can't see how Wes isn't playing 3rd tomorrow, and Coghlan leading off again! I don't know how Fredi could not play those guys again! The line up looked real good tonight. Be prepared to be disappointed.
May 26, 200917 yr Coghlan better get a chance to start tomorrow at 3rd base. He earned it with his play today.
May 26, 200917 yr Good things happen when Bonifacio doesn't play. Coghlan seems to be turning things around with 5 hits in the past 2 games.
May 26, 200917 yr Note to Fredi: Start Helms when facing Jamie Moyer. He's had a great history against him, albeit only 10 at-bats Mainly because he's a vet that knows how to handle pitchers with Moyers kind of stuff. Stay back and take him up the middle, wait for that mistake pitch before you swing away. Just take what he is giving. He lead by example. Including that meeting he had with the players before Sunday's game. Veteran leadership. This is why he was signed to a 2 year deal.
May 26, 200917 yr Very nice catch by Coghlan on that line drive. Yep. Porter has done a nice job with him. He seems more and more comfortable out there. Wouldn't mind seeing Chris lead off again. Ride that hot streak while you can. Put Boni in the 8 hole to get readjusted and see if he again adjust to the adjustments. But seriously, Chris's numbers aren't all that impressive at this level to date. 2 consecutive games that he hit in while everyone else on the team hit except the pitchers and Uggla does not mean too much. And of course, there it was in a previous post. Chris hit it well, just right at someone.
May 26, 200917 yr I think Porter had very little to do with the nice catch. Coghlan still looks very uncomfortable in the OF but seems to be a good athlete and that was an athletic play. Porter has worked with Hermida for years and Hermida would never make such a catch.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.