Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/1 Post Game

Featured Replies

-Andrew Miller should consider himself lucky his line wasn't worse tonight. He was pretty bad, although the rain & the umpire were of no help.

-The bullpen is the Fish of the Game. Once again they show they can be good with some rest (which they've had due to a good week from the starters last week).

-I really like Martinez. This could be Hayden Penn's last night, as a Marlin.

-Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

 

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

-Andrew Miller should consider himself lucky his line wasn't worse tonight. He was pretty bad, although the rain & the umpire were of no help.

-The bullpen is the Fish of the Game. Once again they show they can be good with some rest (which they've had due to a good week from the starters last week).

-I really like Martinez. This could be Hayden Penn's last night, as a Marlin.

-Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

 

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

 

Martinez was already sent down.

I thought Uggla looked silly in the 9th on defense. That was a very easy ball to field and make a throw. Lindstrom was absolute nasty, now, lets see if he can do that night in and night out. Consistency has been his biggest issue. I like that he threw mostly offspeed and set up with the fastball. This was a very good way to start the month.

 

 

 

The ball was hit softly, and Uggla was shifted to the left, so it was a tough play.

Silly was Bonifacio on the ball through his legs.

-Andrew Miller should consider himself lucky his line wasn't worse tonight. He was pretty bad, although the rain & the umpire were of no help.

-The bullpen is the Fish of the Game. Once again they show they can be good with some rest (which they've had due to a good week from the starters last week).

-I really like Martinez. This could be Hayden Penn's last night, as a Marlin.

-Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

 

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

 

Martinez was already sent down.

 

really? was if after the game since anibal is coming up

Are you guessing? Don't just say things.

 

\

Maybin will be up. He was held out of the lineup today.

Maybin was a defensive replacement today and played the last 3 innings. He wasn't held out of the game so that's no proof.

-Andrew Miller should consider himself lucky his line wasn't worse tonight. He was pretty bad, although the rain & the umpire were of no help.

-The bullpen is the Fish of the Game. Once again they show they can be good with some rest (which they've had due to a good week from the starters last week).

-I really like Martinez. This could be Hayden Penn's last night, as a Marlin.

-Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

 

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

 

Martinez was already sent down.

 

 

That stinks. He'll be back up, at some point, I'm sure.

I thought Uggla looked silly in the 9th on defense. That was a very easy ball to field and make a throw. Lindstrom was absolute nasty, now, lets see if he can do that night in and night out. Consistency has been his biggest issue. I like that he threw mostly offspeed and set up with the fastball. This was a very good way to start the month.

 

Yes and no. He did look silly, it wasn't a very easy ball to field and throw. He should have fielded it for sure in my book but it wasn't going to be very easy and that throw was going to be very tough to get the runner.

 

Any other second baseman in baseball makes that play and makes it look easy, very easy. They showed a replay and JJ Hardy was hardly out of the box when Uggla got to the ball, plus Hardy isn't the fastest player either. Is range too much to ask for when you play in the big leagues?

 

This is just my opinion so take it lightly.

I thought Uggla looked silly in the 9th on defense. That was a very easy ball to field and make a throw. Lindstrom was absolute nasty, now, lets see if he can do that night in and night out. Consistency has been his biggest issue. I like that he threw mostly offspeed and set up with the fastball. This was a very good way to start the month.

 

Yes and no. He did look silly, it wasn't a very easy ball to field and throw. He should have fielded it for sure in my book but it wasn't going to be very easy and that throw was going to be very tough to get the runner.

 

Any other second baseman in baseball makes that play and makes it look easy, very easy. They showed a replay and JJ Hardy was hardly out of the box when Uggla got to the ball, plus Hardy isn't the fastest player either. Is range too much to ask for when you play in the big leagues?

 

This is just my opinion so take it lightly.

Yes, it is just your opinion. I disagree heavily. No second baseman makes it look VERY EASY. You either 1) don't remember how that ball was hit with where Uggla was playing or 2) remember that "any other secondbaseman" isn't Luis Castillo in his prime.

I thought Uggla looked silly in the 9th on defense. That was a very easy ball to field and make a throw. Lindstrom was absolute nasty, now, lets see if he can do that night in and night out. Consistency has been his biggest issue. I like that he threw mostly offspeed and set up with the fastball. This was a very good way to start the month.

 

Yes and no. He did look silly, it wasn't a very easy ball to field and throw. He should have fielded it for sure in my book but it wasn't going to be very easy and that throw was going to be very tough to get the runner.

 

Any other second baseman in baseball makes that play and makes it look easy, very easy. They showed a replay and JJ Hardy was hardly out of the box when Uggla got to the ball, plus Hardy isn't the fastest player either. Is range too much to ask for when you play in the big leagues?

 

This is just my opinion so take it lightly.

Yes, it is just your opinion. I disagree heavily. No second baseman makes it look VERY EASY. You either 1) don't remember how that ball was hit with where Uggla was playing or 2) remember that "any other secondbaseman" isn't Luis Castillo in his prime.

 

We are talking about the same Dan Uggla who made 3 errors in the All-Star game right? Excuse me if an average defensive second baseman can't make a play on a ball that he should field 99.9% of the time and make an accurate throw. Don't throw stats at me on why he isn't average either because I don't care-It's my opinion.

 

Disagree. I disagree with you. Oh and by the way your opinions aren't always right either, acting like you know everything-come on. People see the game differently, not just Rab watches the game. 1) I do remember how the ball was hit because I watched it and it doesn't matter where Uggla was playing because he got to the ball with adequate time. He didn't even dive for hell sake and it wasn't hit softly because the ball, after it ate his lunch, skipped to the right fielder. 2) Castillo in his prime isn't the only one that could have made that play. You should know better.

I thought Uggla looked silly in the 9th on defense. That was a very easy ball to field and make a throw. Lindstrom was absolute nasty, now, lets see if he can do that night in and night out. Consistency has been his biggest issue. I like that he threw mostly offspeed and set up with the fastball. This was a very good way to start the month.

 

Yes and no. He did look silly, it wasn't a very easy ball to field and throw. He should have fielded it for sure in my book but it wasn't going to be very easy and that throw was going to be very tough to get the runner.

 

Any other second baseman in baseball makes that play and makes it look easy, very easy. They showed a replay and JJ Hardy was hardly out of the box when Uggla got to the ball, plus Hardy isn't the fastest player either. Is range too much to ask for when you play in the big leagues?

 

This is just my opinion so take it lightly.

Yes, it is just your opinion. I disagree heavily. No second baseman makes it look VERY EASY. You either 1) don't remember how that ball was hit with where Uggla was playing or 2) remember that "any other secondbaseman" isn't Luis Castillo in his prime.

 

We are talking about the same Dan Uggla who made 3 errors in the All-Star game right? Excuse me if an average defensive second baseman can't make a play on a ball that he should field 99.9% of the time and make an accurate throw. Don't throw stats at me on why he isn't average either because I don't care-It's my opinion.

 

Disagree. I disagree with you. Oh and by the way your opinions aren't always right either, acting like you know everything-come on. People see the game differently, not just Rab watches the game. 1) I do remember how the ball was hit because I watched it and it doesn't matter where Uggla was playing because he got to the ball with adequate time. He didn't even dive for hell sake and it wasn't hit softly because the ball, after it ate his lunch, skipped to the right fielder. 2) Castillo in his prime isn't the only one that could have made that play. You should know better.

That was the point in your post when i realized that this was pointless, when you said basically said "I don't care what facts you throw at me, I can't hear you".

RAB, I thought it was an easy play and you thought it was difficult I hope we can leave it at that. "I can't hear you" when you tell me how to think of a play I simply had an opinion about, that's all.

 

Oh and just for the record. I do read your posts and agree with the majority of them. I apologize if I came off arrogant and confrontational-my bad. I'm glad the Marlins won.

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

 

It does make sense and I agree with you, but we'll take it.

 

I voted for the bullpen. The Marlins starters, before tonight, had a good week so did it give the bullpen a chance to refresh themselves? Let's hope so because we're still going to need them.

-Andrew Miller should consider himself lucky his line wasn't worse tonight. He was pretty bad, although the rain & the umpire were of no help.

-The bullpen is the Fish of the Game. Once again they show they can be good with some rest (which they've had due to a good week from the starters last week).

-I really like Martinez. This could be Hayden Penn's last night, as a Marlin.

-Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

 

Really, the Brewers lost this game more than the Marlins won it. If that makes any sense.

 

 

 

 

Lindstrom..........................................I'm not saying anything. Everytime I get excited you go back to inconsistencies. Here's hoping you continue to throw strikes b/c you COULD BE CONSISTENTLY NASTY.

 

This. I agree. It was nice to see the offspeed tonight.

RAB, I thought it was an easy play and you thought it was difficult I hope we can leave it at that. "I can't hear you" when you tell me how to think of a play I simply had an opinion about, that's all.

 

Oh and just for the record. I do read your posts and agree with the majority of them. I apologize if I came off arrogant and confrontational-my bad. I'm glad the Marlins won.

 

Eh, I guess I was a bit jerky too. Sorry about that. Hatchet buried.

No Fish deserved to be POTG. No Jorge Julio, No win. At 7-4 we went loaded with no outs to leaving them loaded. Should have come out of that innings 10-4. Thankfully the bullpen ticked us out of there.

How anyone other than Jorge Julio be our player of the game is ridiculous. No poll needed.

 

Macha gift wrapped a win for us. He makes Fredi look like a genius.

 

With the exception of the implied Fredi jab, can't really argue with this one.

Jorge Julio without a doubt. Chances are we get to see him again since its a 4 game series

 

 

Unfortunately, we won't....the Brewers released him today.

Jorge Julio without a doubt. Chances are we get to see him again since its a 4 game series

 

 

Unfortunately, we won't....the Brewers released him today.

 

2006 first team: 5.06 ERA (Mets)

2006 second team: 3.83 ERA (Arizona)

2007 first team: 12.54 ERA (Marlins)

2007 second team: 3.93 ERA (Rockies)

2008 first team: 5.60 ERA (Indians)

2008 second team: 0.73 ERA (Braves)

2009 first team: 7.79 ERA (Brewers)

 

screw second half players, Julio is a second team player. He has a 6.99 ERA in 65.7 innings the past 4 years with his first team. 3.53 ERA in 109.7 innings with his second team.

Jorge Julio without a doubt. Chances are we get to see him again since its a 4 game series

 

 

Unfortunately, we won't....the Brewers released him today.

 

2006 first team: 5.06 ERA (Mets)

2006 second team: 3.83 ERA (Arizona)

2007 first team: 12.54 ERA (Marlins)

2007 second team: 3.93 ERA (Rockies)

2008 first team: 5.60 ERA (Indians)

2008 second team: 0.73 ERA (Braves)

2009 first team: 7.79 ERA (Brewers)

 

screw second half players, Julio is a second team player. He has a 6.99 ERA in 65.7 innings the past 4 years with his first team. 3.53 ERA in 109.7 innings with his second team.

 

I still don't want him.

Jorge Julio without a doubt. Chances are we get to see him again since its a 4 game series

 

 

Unfortunately, we won't....the Brewers released him today.

 

2006 first team: 5.06 ERA (Mets)

2006 second team: 3.83 ERA (Arizona)

2007 first team: 12.54 ERA (Marlins)

2007 second team: 3.93 ERA (Rockies)

2008 first team: 5.60 ERA (Indians)

2008 second team: 0.73 ERA (Braves)

2009 first team: 7.79 ERA (Brewers)

 

screw second half players, Julio is a second team player. He has a 6.99 ERA in 65.7 innings the past 4 years with his first team. 3.53 ERA in 109.7 innings with his second team.

 

I still don't want him.

 

lol, meant that more so jokingly. I'm sure it's just consequential. I found it interesting though

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.