Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants' Sabean wins exec. of the year

Featured Replies

Thirteen executives, including commissioner Bud Selig, received at least one vote.

 

 

WTF? I can't wait till Selig is finally gone! :angry

 

 

 

And Admin Beinfest will always be #1 in my book. :thumbup

How the hell did Admin Beinfest not win this award?

 

 

 

I don't know, but the old saying is true "You can't win them all" :mischief

How the hell did Admin Beinfest not win this award?

exactly what I was thinking

 

Signed Pudge, brought up Miggy and Dontrelle, told everybody Mikey was staying, etc.

Signed Pudge, brought up Miggy and Dontrelle, told everybody Mikey was staying, etc.

 

 

 

Don't forget the trades to bring, Juan Enc, JP, Jeff Conine and Uggy Urbina to the team. :mischief2

Signed Pudge, brought up Miggy and Dontrelle, told everybody Mikey was staying, etc.

 

 

 

Don't forget the trades to bring, Juan Enc, JP, Jeff Conine and Uggy Urbina to the team. :mischief2 exactly

 

Thanks for adding to my list :D

 

I can't believe I forgot all of that :banghead

And if Felipe Alou wins NL Manager of the Year....

 

there will be some :chair :hanged :boxed

 

haha

And if Felipe Alou wins NL Manager of the Year....

 

there will be some :chair :hanged :boxed

 

haha

Can I join the mob if that happens. :hat

 

How the hell does Sabean win it. Sure he signed a completely different team to replace the world series contenders the year before but Beinfest made some of the best moves of the year like the Redman trade, signing Pudge, stealing Urbina, getting Conine, and most of all... Not trading the team away at the deadline.

ya that Xactly what i said to myself when i read that s***..... and you know what ticks me off even more is the fact that Bud got a Vote!!!!!!

 

for what??? MIL sucks

Sabean deserved it.

as good a job as Sabean did....

 

he didnt do half as good as Beinfest did and you know it

And if Felipe Alou wins NL Manager of the Year....

 

there will be some :chair :hanged :boxed

 

haha

Can I join the mob if that happens. :hat

 

How the hell does Sabean win it. Sure he signed a completely different team to replace the world series contenders the year before but Beinfest made some of the best moves of the year like the Redman trade, signing Pudge, stealing Urbina, getting Conine, and most of all... Not trading the team away at the deadline. haha of course :burglar

Sabean deserved it.

as good a job as Sabean did....

 

he didnt do half as good as Beinfest did and you know it considering all the years sabean deserved it and didn't win, it makes up for it. I would have given it to the Cubs GM. Sabean should have been #2 behind him.

But there were 3 years when Sabes deserved it and lost, including 97, 2000, and 02, so this is a third of the way there to making up for it.

And if Felipe Alou wins NL Manager of the Year....

 

there will be some :chair :hanged :boxed

 

haha

Based on just the regular season, which is what they vote on, Alou is at least just as deserving as McKeon

Sabean deserved it.

Your opinion is invalid because your picture is next to the word 'biased' in the dictionary.

And if Felipe Alou wins NL Manager of the Year....

 

there will be some? :chair ? :hanged ? :boxed

 

haha

Can I join the mob if that happens. :hat

 

How the hell does Sabean win it. Sure he signed a completely different team to replace the world series contenders the year before but Beinfest made some of the best moves of the year like the Redman trade, signing Pudge, stealing Urbina, getting Conine, and most of all... Not trading the team away at the deadline. haha of course :burglar All right I'll get my mob car ready for it :rolleyes:

How am I biased? Sabean is the best GM in baseball.

I rest my case

How am I biased? Sabean is the best GM in baseball.

He is ONE of the best in baseball, not the best. Theo Epstein is a better GM, Admin Beinfest (This year), Jim Hendry, the list goes on...

 

Sabean did not deserve it this year, but he did last year.

Sabean is the best GM in baseball.

cant really argue that....

 

but give Beinfest some time and he will be up there

How am I biased? Sabean is the best GM in baseball.

He is ONE of the best in baseball, not the best. Theo Epstein is a better GM yea, Theo did a good job of getting 2nd place again for the Red Sox :rolleyes:

-that bullpen by committee was a wonderful idea

How am I biased?? Sabean is the best GM in baseball.

He is ONE of the best in baseball, not the best. Theo Epstein is a better GM yea, Theo did a good job of getting 2nd place again for the Red Sox :rolleyes:

-that bullpen by committee was a wonderful idea I don't doubt that Theo is good, but I don't know how good yet. I'm interested to see how he handles the contract mess he was given with Pedro, Nomar and the others who are free agents next year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.